You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laticauda

ARUL you are on one massive Tylosaurus high right now!   ;)  Ok, now take a breath and slowly put down and walk away from the Tylosaurus figure.   :))

SBell

Quote from: ARUL on March 13, 2015, 02:29:53 PM
Nice :D a tylosaurus !

Easily the second best mosasaur toy figure out there (The newest CollectA surpassed it last year). But still great.

postsaurischian

Quote from: triceratops83 on March 13, 2015, 02:42:09 AM
I just got the Dinosaur Studios' Lambeosaurus in the mail. I almost don't want to paint it - it looks great as is.

It's a wonderful model. Congrats!
I have this "I'll let it be unpainted" - feeling with every one-piece model I get, so sometimes it has been taken years until I sent one to one of my favourite painting artists. Some - like the Antediluvian Collection - will probably never get a paintjob - I love their "Rodin look".

postsaurischian

Quote from: SBell on March 13, 2015, 08:39:42 PM

Easily the second best mosasaur toy figure out there (The newest CollectA surpassed it last year). But still great.

I still like the Carnegie Tylosaurus better ;D - it's just the better sculpt.

And after I got my Sideshow Mosasaur (600/1000) today :D :)) :D, I'm giving my Collecta Mosasaurus away for free - you would just have to pay for the shipping from Germany. It's in like-new condition of course. First come, first served :).

EDIT: Oops, double post :-[.
DOUBLE EDIT: The Collecta Mosasaurus is spoken for.

Uroplatus

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 13, 2015, 08:57:32 PM

And after I got my Sideshow Mosasaur (600/1000) today :D :)) :D, I'm giving my Collecta Mosasaur away for free - you would just have to pay for the shipping from Germany. It's in like-new condition of course. First come, first served :).

Sent you a pm. :)

SBell

And after I got my Sideshow Mosasaur (600/1000) today :D :)) :D, I'm giving my Collecta Mosasaur away for free - you would just have to pay for the shipping from Germany. It's in like-new condition of course. First come, first served :).

You should make sure that people know if you mean the CollectA Tylosaurus (their first piece of marine poo) and not last year's fantastic Mosasaurus, the first toy figure to feature an all out proper tail fluke. Otherwise someone will be very disappointed

Arul

Quote from: SBell on March 13, 2015, 11:19:58 PM

You should make sure that people know if you mean the CollectA Tylosaurus (their first piece of marine poo) and not last year's fantastic Mosasaurus, the first toy figure to feature an all out proper tail fluke. Otherwise someone will be very disappointed

I have collecta mosasaurus i order it with carnegie tylo in one package. Maybe collecta mosasaurus is the most accurate mosasaur i agree with that but i dont know im still in love with carnegie tylosaurus hahaha

docronnie

Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

docronnie

What I got last Thursday and Friday:

Kodansha Tyrannosaurus - gift from a friend as well as a Bandai Triceratops, which I posted on another thread

Bandai Dinosaur Museum Collection Tyrannosaurus and dead Parasaurolophus - trade from the same friend

Schleich Velociraptor - 2003 - my 3rd

Kabaya Dinoworld Set 2 Tyrannosaurus

Not so lucky hunting dino figures lately.  All I get are figure toobs like these:

Safari Ltd Prehistoric Sealife Toob Henodus - 2009

Safari Ltd Prehistoric Sealife Toob Northosaurus - 2009

Safari Ltd Prehistoric Sealife Toob Frilled Shark - 2009

Safari Ltd Prehistoric Sealife Toob Metriorhynchus - 2009

Safari Ltd Prehistoric Sealife Toob Liopleurodon - 2009

Safari Ltd Prehistoric Sealife Toob Dolichorhynchops - 2009

Safari Ltd Prehistoric Sealife Toob Basilosaurus - 2009

Safari Ltd Prehistoric Sealife Toob Tylosaurus - 2009

Safari Ltd Prehistoric Sealife Toob Ichthyosaurus - 2009

Safari Ltd Prehistoric Sealife Toob Elasmosaurus - 2009

TFL! :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Those toob figures are great scores, especially the Doli and Nothosaurus which is a gem. I hope Safari at some point has Doug sculpt a larger one for the WS line.

EmperorDinobot

I never saw that Sealife Safari Toob, y'know? I always felt like I was missing out.

docronnie

Thanks BOTM and Emperor! So I guess I'm lucky to have them.

This is also my first time to see this prehistoric sealife tob figures from Safari.

EmperorDinobot

I want it gone, have no space for it. Anyone want it?

tanystropheus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 14, 2015, 02:36:06 PM
Those toob figures are great scores, especially the Doli and Nothosaurus which is a gem. I hope Safari at some point has Doug sculpt a larger one for the WS line.

It is probably the best of all the toobs. Yes, I agree that Safari should do larger sculpts, especially for the Basilosaurus, Henodus and Metriorhynchus. The Nothosaurus is perfect in its current form (I believe it is 1/40 scale) and CollectA already released a near-excellent Doli (perhaps, the head is too big?).

joossa

Found this guy a local tourist stop store and couldn't resist. He was only $25.00!!! He's so heavy too!!

I also got this beauty in the mail.... Paint job and detail is amazing!

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Alexxitator

Quote from: joossa on March 15, 2015, 09:19:07 PM

I also got this beauty in the mail.... Paint job and detail is amazing!

Yes the 2015 Schleich is a very likeable figure indeed!
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

Dinomike

Quote from: joossa on March 15, 2015, 09:19:07 PM
Found this guy a local tourist stop store and couldn't resist. He was only $25.00!!! He's so heavy too!!

Haha! He's super lardy indeed! And awesome! A great find!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

CityRaptor

Given that it is actually Giraffatitan and you got Kentrosaurus: Welcome to the Tendaguru!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

RobinGoodfellow

I'm seriously thinking about the Sideshow Mosasaur....  ::)

In the meantime here it is some old Collecta and a rarity:   ;D

Rex with prey

Liopleurodon

Nithronycus

Cetiosaurus

Tenontosaurus

Apatosaurus

Have a nice day   ^-^

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: