You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

docronnie

Excellent hauls Robin and Joosa! :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

CityRaptor

Upper row: various additions. Both books are used.
Lower row: From my trip to the Royal Science Museum in Brusseles, so naturally it is related to Iguanodon! It seems that everywhere where the Safari skulls from the Dinosaur Skull Toob are sold separately, the Oviraptor is a shelfwarmer...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Raptoress

I got this at a car boot sale! It was on a table full of Chinasaurs. I had to try and remain calm and not seem excited to the seller. So I casually asked "how much is this little fella, please?" and she sold it to me for 50p! Needless to say I was chuffed. Shame it didn't come with the other Dilophosaurus to go with it! I also got the Pachycephalosaurus (first version) for the same price in a charity shop.

Dinomike

You found a real treasure Raptoress! I really like the Dilophosaurus pair - both beautiful sculpts for their time.
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Arul

Mighty King

I got these claws on a Jumbo market

I like them but I'm not sure about the measurements.

http://www.coolthings.com.au/sites/default/files/imagecache/product_full/dino_claws_.jpg

joossa

Raptoress, nice find!
Same with the claw collection... definitely a choking hazard. :)
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

sauroid

furuta dinomodels

kabaya dino world
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

docronnie

Congrats Sauroid!  Love those Furuta models and Kabayas by Araki and Bakker.  :)

Nice claws, Mighty King!  :)

One of my favorites from the Carnegie line, excellent catch, Alice!  :)

Superb finds Cityraptor!  :)

Here's what I got recently:

I sold all my Coloratas already and has been successfully avoiding them until last Wednesday. 

Colorata Discover Dinosaurs Cretaceous Vol. 1 Velociraptor

Colorata Discover Dinosaurs Cretaceous Vol. 1 Gallimimus

Colorata Discover Dinosaurs Cretaceous Vol. 1 Pteranodon

Colorata Discover Dinosaurs Cretaceous Vol. 1 Dsungaripterus

Colorata Discover Dinosaurs Cretaceous Vol. 1 Triceratops

Colorata Discover Dinosaurs Cretaceous Vol. 1 Tyrannosaurus

Favorites!

Safaris!

Safari Ltd. The Carnegie Carnotaurus - 1996

Safari Ltd. The Carnegie Crylophosaurus - 2010

Safari Ltd. Dinosaurs of China Yangchuanosaurus - 1993 (badly played with ... looks like someone gave it a make over)

Others!

Kenner Jurassic Park Series 1 Dilophosaurus JP .02 - 1993  (might be my second or third)

Collecta Torosaurus - 2011 (my first Collecta! :))

TFL! :)

Dyscrasia

Sideshow Mosasaur statue, Rebor T. rex, Neca Alien Queen deluxe action figure.

I apologize about the lack of pics.  :P

SBell

Quote from: docronnie on March 20, 2015, 04:40:24 PM
Congrats Sauroid!  Love those Furuta models and Kabayas by Araki and Baker.  :)

Nice claws, Mighty King!  :)

One of my favorites from the Carnegie line, excellent catch, Alice!  :)

Superb finds Cityraptor!  :)

Here's what I got recently:

I sold all my Coloratas already and has been successfully avoiding them until last Wednesday. 

Colorata Discover Dinosaurs Cretaceous Vol. 1 Velociraptor

Colorata Discover Dinosaurs Cretaceous Vol. 1 Gallimimus

Very nice--but you're going to need to cut those acrylic rods so that your dinos aren't flying! Wire cutters work nicely.

docronnie

Hahahaha.... ah Yes!  Thanks Sbell for the tip!  :)

Roselaar

This just in:

Beautiful figures. The Axelrodichthys is stunning! I have a hard time deciding which version of this fish I love best.  :)

docronnie

I definitely agree, Roselaar. I also have that  Stegosaurus and another differently painted one. The only way to find out if they have different molds and marks is to open  them up, but I'm scared to do so. BTW, I like this Stego better than the other. Congrats! :D

SBell

Quote from: docronnie on March 21, 2015, 01:00:04 AM
I definitely agree, Roselaar. I also have that  Stegosaurus and another differently painted one. The only way to find out if they have different molds and marks is to open  them up, but I'm scared to do so. BTW, I like this Stego better than the other. Congrats! :D

There are two main Dinotales Stegosaurus. The first is the original Series 2 version:

And the other is the Dino Expo 2002 version (there may be two of those, this one is from the 5-piece set):

I don't intend to to risk pulling them apart, but the molds appear to be the same.

docronnie

I have that Expo too. Here's another version:

This one seems to be painted intricately. I just don't know if this is a first or second version or an Expo figure included in the 7pc set.

The plates are not translucent and the thagomizers are painted well. Will try to pry them open. :D

DinoLord

Quote from: Roselaar on March 20, 2015, 08:58:22 PM
The Axelrodichthys is stunning! I have a hard time deciding which version of this fish I love best.  :)

Personally I much prefer the brown version. Not only does it look better, but the pectoral fins fit into their slot substantially better than with the blue version.

tanystropheus

recent haul: REBOR King T-rex, Carnegie Velociraptor and Carnegie Cryolophosaurus.

Alexxitator

Quote from: docronnie on March 20, 2015, 04:40:24 PM

Safari Ltd. Dinosaurs of China Yangchuanosaurus - 1993 (badly played with ... looks like someone gave it a make over)
I really like the pose! So very different from all those theropods roaring into the void. I really like that idea!
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

Jetoar

My last acquisitions  ^-^.

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: