You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

as far as i know, there's only series 1 of the mini WWD 3D, only the glow in the dark version of S1 (ugh).
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

EmperorDinobot

Oh I see. That is kind of depressing. New molds could have been better. I wish they made more dinosaur figures like them though. I want some nicely painted articulated figures. Too bad a line I will not mention has decided to drop the ball.

CityRaptor

The Glowing ones are Series 2. Such a wasted opportunity. They could have made adut versions of the Main 3, aswell as the missing species....and Patchi's mom. That way one could build a small herd.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Tyto_Theropod

[/quote]

Wow! When I first saw the Styracco I though it must be a high-end resin model! It just shows how good Araki's Ceratopsians are :D
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

postsaurischian

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on March 27, 2015, 01:44:52 PM
Wow! When I first saw the Styracco I though it must be a high-end resin model! It just shows how good Araki's Ceratopsians are :D

I don't think the old Softmodel series was sculpted by Araki, but I also don't know who did - so I'm not sure :-\.

By the way: Excellent copper repaint :)! And the base fits nicely.

John

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 27, 2015, 08:29:05 PM
Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on March 27, 2015, 01:44:52 PM

I don't think the old Softmodel series was sculpted by Araki, but I also don't know who did - so I'm not sure :-\.

By the way: Excellent copper repaint :)! And the base fits nicely.
The sculptor for the old Soft Model series was Takashi Oda. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Tyto_Theropod

Oops! What a stupid mistake :P *goes and sits in dunce corner*
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Roselaar

I got an I-Rex! I got an I-Rex! :)

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Dinomike

Cool! Can that...ahem...dino damage wound be covered? The set looks like a fun toy to play with!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

stargatedalek

Quote from: Dinomike on March 28, 2015, 08:54:34 PM
Cool! Can that...ahem...dino damage wound be covered? The set looks like a fun toy to play with!
It has a sliding mechanism, like a window shutter.

Nice catch Roselaar, here's hoping the rest aren't far behind ;)

Jetoar

Really cool. I hope to see it in my country  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Arul

Cool so many fans in indonesia waiting this figure

Roselaar

Quote from: Dinomike on March 28, 2015, 08:54:34 PM

Yeah, that sliding door function works surprisingly well. No more open wounds, no more lost skin patches. Hasbro got creative on this point at least. Too bad they didn't apply it to their entire JW line...

docronnie

Cool and Congrats Roselaar!  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

joossa

I got this thing, but haven't opened it yet... Pretty excited to see it in person. Does anyone know if the CollectA dead Triceratops or Stegosaurus fit nicely under it's raised foot?

Also, finally decided to buy this beefcake and he looks great!

And also got this one, but still waiting for the Papo Apato to get here.

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Shadowknight1

Recently acquired was the WS Yutyrannus, a small Primal Carnage feathered Novaraptor from Sandboxr, and today I got the Carnegie Velociraptor and the Papo Carnotaurus.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Dinomike

Great new dinos everybody! That Papo beefcake is awesome isn't it? One of my favorites!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Arul

Wahh rebor trex great acquired joossa  :D papo parasaurolophus is good too   :D

Invicta Hunter

These are the figures i got today from Japan, i really like the black Favorite T-rex and Triceratops.

[/

[/

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: