You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Good catches! Those are the Tiptoi dinosaurs, right? They have this weird thingamabob on their opposite flanks if I remember correctly, but otherwise they look pretty good.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Roselaar on April 22, 2015, 10:11:35 PM
Good catches! Those are the Tiptoi dinosaurs, right? They have this weird thingamabob on their opposite flanks if I remember correctly, but otherwise they look pretty good.

Yes, that's true.
The Tiptoi figures have a little yellow spot on one side.
You can read some informations about the animal through an electronic pen (sold separately).
I don't like the yellow spot but the figurines are pretty good ( a little bit cartoonish, maybe...).

Shadowknight1

No photos because it hasn't arrived yet, but bought the Jurassic Park Allosaurus, the one that looks very Papo inspired.  I was inspired to buy it by how horrible Hasbro's JW Allo looks lol.  It's just the dino, no human hunter dude.  Which is fine, wouldn't have given a darn about him.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

joossa

Quote from: suspsy on April 22, 2015, 03:50:08 PM
Quote from: joossa on April 22, 2015, 04:51:29 AM
Quote from: suspsy on April 21, 2015, 08:44:42 PM
Should've bought the Diplodocus years ago. Oh well, better late than never!
Isn't is just fantastic?
The Cryo is amazing as well.  ;D

Yes, the sheer size of the Diplodocus is amazing. The only annoying thing is that it makes the 2012 Brachiosaurus look undersized by comparison.

I should also note that the Archaeopteryx is my first Wild Safari model.
I think, if I remember correctly, the 2012 version of the Brachiosaurus is at the 1:50 scale and not 1:40, unfortunately.

I like this one:

Make sure to post pictures when it arrives, ShadowKnight!
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Dinomike

Those Tiptoi figures are actually pretty impressive! I'm positively surprised - the detailing is good!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Dinomike on April 23, 2015, 05:55:10 AM
Those Tiptoi figures are actually pretty impressive! I'm positively surprised - the detailing is good!

Yes, I have the same impression.  :o
And they are better on naked eyes than the pictures...
Unfortunately they have a yellow spot on one side   :-\

sauroid

the Tiptois are nice altho cartoonish, and the yellow spot thingy is the only unpleasant thing about them.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Jetoar

Quote from: sauroid on April 23, 2015, 09:09:25 AM
the Tiptois are nice altho cartoonish, and the yellow spot thingy is the only unpleasant thing about them.

But are better than hasbro figures or others  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

sauroid

you got a point there Jetoar
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

docronnie

Newly acquired:

Invicta Diplodocus

Carnegie Elasmosaurus

Kabaya Triceratops Blue Variant (I have the Green and the Beige colors too, are there any other variants?)

JP Series 1 toys

TFL! :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

UK

Nice acquisitions Ronnie.

docronnie

Fofer

docronnie

RobinGoodfellow

..also my boxset arrived..  :))

More pictures soon  ;)

Dinomike

Those are beautiful sculpts! Congrats on getting them!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Uroplatus

Nice, Robin, good to see you got them as well. :)

docronnie

Congrats Robin on those Araki sculpts! :D

Shadowknight1

I'll try to get pics of him and the rest of my collection up today, but got my Jurassic Park Allosaurus.  Surprisingly looks fairly good next to his/her Papo counterpart despite towering over it.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: