You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: ARUL on July 24, 2015, 02:47:50 AM
Nice rebor cerato Robin  :) sorry out of topic but what is the figure identity of gandalf ? It have a nice detail i love tlotr

That Gandalf was part of an old metal line of LOTR figures. Sorry but I don't remember the name of the line.. :-\

Dinomike

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on July 23, 2015, 04:54:09 PM
Rebor Ceratosaurus ( and Gandalf )... both figures are in 1:35 scale ...  ;D

Have a nice day  :)

I love that Cerato so much! (Gandalf's pretty cool too!) But now that they released the Acrocanthosaurus I'm hesitant - which one should I get? Oh - the difficulty of choosing. :)
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Dinomike on July 24, 2015, 10:06:22 AM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on July 23, 2015, 04:54:09 PM
Rebor Ceratosaurus ( and Gandalf )... both figures are in 1:35 scale ...  ;D

Have a nice day  :)

I love that Cerato so much! (Gandalf's pretty cool too!) But now that they released the Acrocanthosaurus I'm hesitant - which one should I get? Oh - the difficulty of choosing. :)
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Kayakasaurus

Found this guy at Value Village, yay!! The bag he came in was $3. Especially neat after finding the older triceratops by safari. From 1996 to 2007, they sure have progressed. Does anyone know who sculpted this guy? The style seems different from Doug Watson's.

Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Kayakasaurus on July 26, 2015, 12:16:33 AM
Found this guy at Value Village, yay!! The bag he came in was $3. Especially neat after finding the older triceratops by safari. From 1996 to 2007, they sure have progressed. Does anyone know who sculpted this guy? The style seems different from Doug Watson's.

I think that one was pre-Doug? Has a very Jurassic Park feel to it though.

docronnie

I like it, Kayakasaurus!  Beautiful!  Congrats!  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

EmperorDinobot

My newest haul:

Carnegie Velociraptor courtesy of Dejankins.com
Papo dinosaurs thanks to Halichoeres
Dinobots thanks to Executor Customs: https://www.facebook.com/ExecutorCustoms?fref=ts
The rest...lucky finds...lucky finds.

I hope y'all will participate in my contest, seen here: https://www.facebook.com/MesozoicEmporium

As you can tell, I have a thing for sauropods. I really wanted to sell them, buuuut I also wanted them, so they're keepers! And boy are they beautiful those Schleich Brachiosaurs. I wish I had the bigger Apatosaurus. I had one...for a while, but it was sent as a present to a little cousin who needs indoctrination. I saw one of my latino friends repaint it JW style and now I need one.

Also need Papo Brachiosaurus and Apatosaurus, as well as Carnegie New Brachiosaurus and new Diplodocus to make it all come full circle.

And btw, I call Schelich vintage Brachiosaurus Giraffatitan AKA "The Archbishop".

RobinGoodfellow

I am not a big fan of Invicta dinosaurs.
But recently I found an original boxset on Ebay (from UK ).
It is a special edition with Lambeosaurus.  :o
How can I resist?   ;)
The seller sent me also the missing Plesiosaurus  ^-^

Here it is:

..See you soon...  :D

triceratops83

That Invicta set is a very lucky find. Congratulations!
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Nice catch! I think I saw this one a while ago but decided not to buy it since it overlapped my own collection too much. I never knew that the lambeosaurus was intentionally a limited edition. Is the man with the hat original to this set?
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on July 27, 2015, 02:58:46 PM
Nice catch! I think I saw this one a while ago but decided not to buy it since it overlapped my own collection too much. I never knew that the lambeosaurus was intentionally a limited edition. Is the man with the hat original to this set?

The human figure with the hat is from Collecta.
I add "Sir Arthur" from Collecta as a reference for scale ( it's 1:40; Invicta's scale is 1:45; a very little difference... )

Roselaar

Great acqs, folks! That Invicta set is gorgeous!

Meso-Cenozoic

Yes, great score, RobinGoodfellows! And from what I can see, they all look in excellent/like-new condition.

Did Invicta ever release a complete box set of all their figures before they started painting them?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on July 27, 2015, 10:57:15 PM
Yes, great score, RobinGoodfellows! And from what I can see, they all look in excellent/like-new condition.

Did Invicta ever release a complete box set of all their figures before they started painting them?

Yes, they did:

http://www.ebay.it/itm/191628822756?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on July 27, 2015, 11:04:49 PM
Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on July 27, 2015, 10:57:15 PM

Yes, they did:

http://www.ebay.it/itm/191628822756?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Oh wow, that is a pretty full set! Looks like everything but the Lambeosaurus, Dimetrodon, and Stenychosaurus/Troodon (although he's shown on the cover of the box, hehe)!

I can't seem to find this listing on my eBay in the US, even though it says... "Place where the object is located: Aurora, Colorado, United States." Hmm. ???

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Arul

Finally they arrived in toy store in indonesia (Kidz Station, Toys Kingdom) they are on the way to my "Lab" now to get immediate custom  :P

docronnie

Excellent catch, Robin! :-)

Lucky you, Arul! :-)

We don't have them here yet. :(

Arul

In indonesia there is only 3 set of minifigure (that 2, and stego spino blue) and 1 figure (dimorphodon)...

docronnie

Only two:

Safari Ltd Dino Toob Dino Babies Brachiosaurus Baby - 1997

Safari Ltd. The Carnegie Saltasaurus - 1996

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: