You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

the large Jap figures are cool Roselaar.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Gwangi

Haven't posted here in awhile, here's my latest haul.

And I believe this is everything I've acquired so far this year. But the year's not over yet!

The only Jurassic World merchandise I've bothered to buy this year.  :(

Dinomike

Quote from: Gwangi on August 20, 2015, 10:16:41 PM

And I believe this is everything I've acquired so far this year. But the year's not over yet!

Oooh! So many new figures! That Jada Jeep is a gem! Will be awesome for dioramas!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Zhuchengotyrant

I just got the Terra Acro and Rex. My Rex won't stand, so I'm gonna try to freeze the legs so that is stays on it's tail. Hopefully it works or I can make a base.
-Zhuchengotyrant

Halichoeres

I see you found that crazy old Schleich allosaur!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gwangi

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 21, 2015, 12:00:50 AM

Yup! On Dejankins. It's much larger than I originally thought! I had imagined something more in line with your typical WS model. And yeah, it's an awfully inaccurate and awkward model but I love the sinister, skulking personality it has. I'm a man of diverse tastes.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on August 21, 2015, 12:22:59 AM

Yup! On Dejankins. It's much larger than I originally thought! I had imagined something more in line with your typical WS model. And yeah, it's an awfully inaccurate and awkward model but I love the sinister, skulking personality it has. I'm a man of diverse tastes.

I'm a bit found of the old toothed menace myself. He looks great with the older retro Apato too.  :)

joossa

He has a lot of character and looks so sinister!  >:D
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Fukuiraptor

Just got the Favorite Mammoth and Dimetrodon from Tokyo  :)

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 21, 2015, 04:10:37 AM

I'm a bit found of the old toothed menace myself. He looks great with the older retro Apato too.  :)

I still have to get that one too. They would make quite a pair.

amargasaurus cazaui

Gwangi If I might I would like to ask you or inquire if you were happy with your set of the dinosaurs made in the machine where Halicheroes gets them. I believe they are the Sinclair set? I wondered if they have heavy seams or are what one would expect? Flaws or ....noticeable traits you might point out? Perhaps a few close ups unless I missed them in another thread? I am considering that set myself and so am asking...thoughts or input would be appreciated.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Gwangi

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on August 21, 2015, 07:30:05 PM

Gwangi If I might I would like to ask you or inquire if you were happy with your set of the dinosaurs made in the machine where Halicheroes gets them. I believe they are the Sinclair set? I wondered if they have heavy seams or are what one would expect? Flaws or ....noticeable traits you might point out? Perhaps a few close ups unless I missed them in another thread? I am considering that set myself and so am asking...thoughts or input would be appreciated.

I'm very happy with my set and yes, they are Sinclair even though they don't say so on them. The seams are pretty obvious but not when viewed in profile. They are a little wobbly on the shelf because there are holes on the bottom where I assume the material was injected into the mold. For what they are you really cannot expect much better. They're vintage and worth having even if only for their historical significance. The material is waxy, delicate and prone to breakage. Honestly, aside from going to the the Field Museum yourself I doubt you could get them cheaper than what Halicheroes is asking. His offer was very generous IMO, I've been looking for these guys for years for a reasonable price. Totally worth it IMO. I particularly love the Apatosaurus and will be reviewing it on the blog in time, with detailed photos and all that. But if you want closer pictures sooner than later I can do that.

amargasaurus cazaui

I think you covered my questions well enough for my satisfaction Gwangi, thanks. Your word goes a long way to me, and if your good I will get them myself. I of course was not questioning Halicheroes or his own integrity at all, he is quite the guy to have as a friend and I buy regularly from him. I just wondered how well the figures stamped out and what not. I do have some of the gas station versions of the figures but they are more like Marx style plastic, and I am guessing larger.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

EmperorDinobot

I acquired a Carnegie Quetzalcoatlus in new brown colors, Carnegie Smilodon (finally!), Planet X Neptune, a Safari mini box set #1 Stegosaurus, two Disney's Dinosaur mini slime egg dinosaurs, some The Lost World Keychains, an Euoplocephalus head hand puppet, and the piece of resistance, a...well you'll see when I post pictures. I'm just waiting for Neptune to arrive so I can finally take pictures.

Bokisaurus

So many great addition everyone!
I finally got some new additions to my collection :D
[
Cheers, and happy hunting!

SBell

I have also recently acquired many new things for myself!

A little while ago, some new CollectA (it came for the store, but some things just need to be owned as well!)

At the same time, some new small fish, including a few 'prehistoric' gar figures!

And a while bunch of goodies from Japan, thanks to Brett. Including a few of the new Kaiyodo Early Life and Cretaceous Excavation models! Also, a whole lot of modern animals. I will have more on the ATF.

And, one more prehistoric fish--a Kaiyodo Aqualand Silver Arowana! But...not the same one that has shown up here before. That series is really confusing.

joossa

Excellent new additions, everyone!

SBell, the fish look great and very attractive!
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Arul

Very nice SBell, love that death adder and the mosasaur  ^-^ and wait, is that a tardigrade/water bear ? On the top of arapaima, the brown one

SBell

Quote from: Arul on August 24, 2015, 02:03:35 AM
Very nice SBell, love that death adder and the mosasaur  ^-^ and wait, is that a tardigrade/water bear ? On the top of arapaima, the brown one

I really like the mosasaur. It's too small to see, but it actually has a forked tongue!

And yes, that is indeed a tardigrade (Echiniscus japonica to be exact. It is one of three water bears that I have, and they are all hilarious and awesome--I don't do much with inverts, but for tardigrades and mantis shrimp, I make exceptions!

Halichoeres

Quote from: SBell on August 24, 2015, 03:11:23 AM
Quote from: Arul on August 24, 2015, 02:03:35 AM

I really like the mosasaur. It's too small to see, but it actually has a forked tongue!

And yes, that is indeed a tardigrade (Echiniscus japonica to be exact. It is one of three water bears that I have, and they are all hilarious and awesome--I don't do much with inverts, but for tardigrades and mantis shrimp, I make exceptions!

And mole crickets, and pill millipedes (or is that a woodlouse?), and earwigs...

I like that ray a lot...torpedo ray?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: