You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SBell

Thanks--I'm pretty pleased with the mini CollectA sets, and I'm going to pass everyone's enthusiasm on to CollectA. I'm also going to try to figure out what the rough retail will be. I'm expecting them in October for Fall at the store, but who knows when they'll actually show up here.

And yeah, regarding the Papo tube quality or price, Roselaar, I just mentioned the same thing on STS. It's just not worth it.

If CollectA keeps up with this style and keep the price reasonable, I think they could become even bigger. We collectors like our small versions (and yes, I will take comparison shots of them--I don't have all of the deluxe ones, or the spinosaurs yet, but I will photo what I can).

And yes, a 4th spinosaur in the new style! Even if later research shows some errors in the reconstruction (sort of like their Deinocheirus) it's still historically relevant as a reconstruction! And it looks cool!

sauroid

i recently got these (havent taken pics of the rest yet)

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Megalosaurus

Sauroid. I envy your Edaphosaurus.
SBell. Amazing minis.

I finally got this rarer variants.

Love them. Specially the trilobite.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Roselaar

Good haul! Love the ever elusive Edaphosaurus. :)

sauroid

Quote from: Megalosaurus on September 05, 2015, 04:50:32 PM

and i envy you for that pink/black Diplocaulus variant  ;)

thanks Roselaar.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Megalosaurus on September 05, 2015, 04:50:32 PM
SBell. Amazing minis.

I finally got this rarer variants.

Love them. Specially the trilobite.

Amazing figures.  :o

Shadowknight1

Some of my recent acquisitions.
First, the triplets.  I don't know if it's just mine, but my Stock has a huge underbite lol.  Barrel's probably my favorite, though lazy Lock is a close second.

Second, two Schleich dragons, the Dragon Fighter and one that came with a really lame rider figure that I promptly discarded.  The bigger one has different coloration than the stock picture(it's a cherry red while the stock picture was more brown) and the red one has an articulated jaw.  Why are these so much more appealing than their dinosaurs???

And for fun, my figma of Lucina from Fire Emblem Awakening came in too!
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: Crackington on September 05, 2015, 03:32:32 PM
I spotted the Jurassic World mini figures on sale in ASDA (the UK Walmart) last week and got these three (apologies for the picture quality, taken on my mobile):

I like the profile of the Stego. The colors are boring, but the more current look of the figure is better than in the movie. ;)

I'm glad to see collectors finding the Bullyland Edaphosaurus, and in new condition too! I'm so happy this is one little figure I was smart enough to snag before it was discontinued. It's really such a nice sculpt, much better than their Dimetrodon from the same time period they were being sold. The heads a bit big, but I really like him. ^-^

joossa

hadowknight1, that Lucina figure looks outstanding.  :D
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Shadowknight1

Quote from: joossa on September 06, 2015, 06:14:49 AM
hadowknight1, that Lucina figure looks outstanding.  :D
She is!  Waited so long for her and she fits in well next to Link and Saber.  Eventually plan to put all three in a sort of Three Musketeers pose since all three possess "holy" swords.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

suspsy

Quote from: Mitko on September 04, 2015, 09:43:31 PM
Hi! This is what I got while we were on holiday - CollectA Bistahieversor and Mosasaurus and the Carnegie Anniversary T.tex from 1998. I went in search of the CollectA Spinosaurus but didn't manage to find it, also wanted to get the CollectA Quetzalcoatlus, didn't find it either. Actually, I have had the T.rex for a long time but I used to leave it in our other house, this time I brought it with me. I'm kind of struggling with the photography... :D

Those are great toys, especially the two CollectAs.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Mitko

Pachyrhinosaurus

Nice additions everyone^, especially those Bullylands, Sauroid  :).
Here are my new ones:

[Image Removed]

Can't believe I got the JPS2 pachy for only fifty cents, I think my only S2 exclusive figure to-date. I have more fossils; they'll be posted in the fossil thread shortly.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Nebuloid

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on September 06, 2015, 02:36:07 AM
Some of my recent acquisitions.
First, the triplets.  I don't know if it's just mine, but my Stock has a huge underbite lol.  Barrel's probably my favorite, though lazy Lock is a close second.

Same here, his jaw looks broken.

Kayakasaurus

Hello, Got some real treasures this time! I was very pleased to find these 2 on my Birthday today! I couldn't have asked for a better figure in stores (however when this trike is reissued maybe that will change lol) . Anyways, the Rex is V3 and made of a very hard plastic. His tail does not touch the ground and he does stand up (just barely). The trike is way softer, much like the latest V4 Rex. This is an excellent trike, and who can pass them up for only $1 each?(at Goodwill both in the same bag for $1.99) The second pic is of course the Invicta Diplodocus, easily one of my favorite figures I've found so far. I got him a month or two ago at Vallue Village.

Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Uroplatus

Awesome finds... And a happy birthday!!! :)

sauroid

Quote from: Kayakasaurus on September 10, 2015, 06:53:23 AM
Hello, Got some real treasures this time! I was very pleased to find these 2 on my Birthday today! I couldn't have asked for a better figure in stores (however when this trike is reissued maybe that will change lol) . Anyways, the Rex is V3 and made of a very hard plastic. His tail does not touch the ground and he does stand up (just barely). The trike is way softer, much like the latest V4 Rex. This is an excellent trike, and who can pass them up for only $1 each?(at Goodwill both in the same bag for $1.99) The second pic is of course the Invicta Diplodocus, easily one of my favorite figures I've found so far. I got him a month or two ago at Vallue Village.

omg you're so lucky. congratulations. $1.99???!!! awesome! and happy birthday.  ;)

Meso-Cenozoic

Yes, awesome finds, Kayakasaurus, and at an AMAZING price! They also look in really good condition. What a great b-day surprise! Happy Birthday!! :))

Kayakasaurus

Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

laticauda

Wow, Nice find at a amazing price.   :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: