You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

That's a lovely group shot. Kudos to Bullyland for appropriating such unusual species for their figures. I hope they'll do so again.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Roselaar on September 22, 2015, 03:29:14 PM
That's a lovely group shot. Kudos to Bullyland for appropriating such unusual species for their figures. I hope they'll do so again.

Please, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but, from what I know, Bullyland made Batrachotomus, Liliensternus, Parathyphotorax, Arizonasaurus, Mastodonsaurus, Deinotherium and Plateosaurus for the gift-shop of the Natural History Museum in Stuttgart where there are the original models:

http://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/thread/3615

Am I right?

Uroplatus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on September 22, 2015, 05:07:36 PM

Please, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but, from what I know, Bullyland made Batrachotomus, Liliensternus, Parathyphotorax, Arizonasaurus, Mastodonsaurus, Deinotherium and Plateosaurus for the gift-shop of the Natural History Museum in Stuttgart where there are the original models:

Am I right?

Yep, that's right.
It seems to be a good day for old Bullylands, i recieved the Liliensternus this morning, now my collection of them is complete as well. :)

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Uroplatus on September 22, 2015, 05:12:10 PM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on September 22, 2015, 05:07:36 PM

Am I right?

Yep, that's right.
It seems to be a good day for old Bullylands, i recieved the Liliensternus this morning, now my collection of them is complete as well. :)

In my Bully collections the 2 versions of Plateosaurus still missing.
I know where to find them. But they are bad figures and I don't like.
Probably I'll buy them in the next future, just to complete the collection....
There are other dino-models on my top list  ;)

Congrats for the Liliensternus  :)

Roselaar

It's amazing how many goodies one box can contain. I felt like a child again, unpacking all these: :)

Big lot of JW figures, many of them Exclusives. Yes, including the sickle claws lacking Raptors. I love the Ceratosaurus.

The fabulous "new" Battats. The Acro's paint job is superb. Its pose is a bit awkward though.

Happinet and Sega dinosaurs. Some of these need identification. Wonderful lot!

Paleona

Wow, lots of gets, Roselaar!  I have the sickle claw-less raptors, too- they're not fantastic, but I think they're fun for toys.  I know I would have enjoyed playing with them in the backyard as a kid. :)

That Happinet Saltasaurus (?) looks pretty cute!

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Roselaar on September 22, 2015, 06:07:03 PM

Happinet and Sega dinosaurs. Some of these need identification. Wonderful lot!

Excellent! Some of the segas and happinets have been on my wishlist for a while, what sort of size are they? I've always imagined they were fairly big. Apart from the designs, is there any significant difference between the two lines when you have them in hand, i.e. the size, weight, detail etc...

Dinomike

Cool additions Roselaar! I have two Battats coming my way - Acrocanthosaurus and Carnotaurus! I'm pretty excited!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Roselaar

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on September 22, 2015, 07:43:23 PM

Excellent! Some of the segas and happinets have been on my wishlist for a while, what sort of size are they? I've always imagined they were fairly big. Apart from the designs, is there any significant difference between the two lines when you have them in hand, i.e. the size, weight, detail etc...

They're medium sized figures, just slightly bigger than your average basic JP dinosaur. Usually about 20 cms in length. As for their design, the Segas and Happinets often feel like they belong to the same line: they feel similar (all hollow with the same amount of poseability), same size, same general appearance. They often get confused with each other. The Segas usually tend to be more varied in terms of colour though.

joossa

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Roselaar

But what does he actually look like unboxed? ;)

Jetoar

Yesterday I bought Pelecanimimus and Concavenator of Favorite and Longrack and Guiledart of Beast Wars Neo  ^-^. Now I am waiting   ;D.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

RobinGoodfellow

Today I received a BIG package from Japan.  8)

..just two items from the big box:

Complete set of pictures on my collection thread (  http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3228.msg112897;topicseen#new  ) .

Have a nice day  :)

Silvanusaurus

Well, it's been a good week, but I may have gotten carried away:

This menagerie was 3 seperate lots, including invictas, old schleichs, a couple of carnegies and some miscellaneous odds and ends.
The invictas are new to me, and they are wonderful, a lot nicer than I had reason to expect, given their age, but I guess theres a good reason they've endured so long. I managed to get a lot with a Troodon in it, in very good condition, which I've heard is rather rare? Anyway I'm going to have to seek out the rest of them, they seem like a great collection.
I also got a retired Schleich Rex, brachiosaurus and Edmontosaurus. I don't like Schleich's modern stuff for the most part, but I actually find these older ones to be much more pleasing figures.

The rest in there are quite nondescript, but I'm quite interested in the identity of the little green and yellow specimen in the foreground above, I'm sure it's just a chinasaur of some sort but I was wondering if it was a stretch to suppose it might be a Baryonyx?
I'm very fond of this small Bullyland Carnotaurus, I find it quite endearingly ugly:

Oh and I also got this obscure piece in the post this morning...

Can anyone tell me what it is?? ;)

I'm running out of space quite quickly, I think I might have to hold off on large purchases for a while now.

Jetoar

Troodon is one of the tresaures of this haul, congrats  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Shonisaurus

The same happens to me I have no space and that I have no great figures of companies collecting dinosaurs and figures as Battat, Kinto Favorites or Sideshow to name a mere examples.

I'm going to stop buying in the next year so regularly.

Anyway, I congratulate you on your purchases and especially the last Acrocanthosaurus Rebor the mine this way.

joossa

Great new additions!

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on September 24, 2015, 08:14:48 PM
I'm running out of space quite quickly, I think I might have to hold off on large purchases for a while now.
Story of my life!  ::)
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

CityRaptor

Space: The Final Problem!

Aside from money it is also the reason why I don't have a large Kaiju collection anymore. I came to the conclusion that one can only have one collection. ( I count books and fossils as part of collecting Dinosaurs )
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Dinomike

Wow! Nice Invictas Silvanusaurus! That Carnotaurus is really great - I like the goofy look of it. Sorry, don't know what it is.
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

sauroid

congratulations on those awesome hauls everyone. my solution for lack of space in my house: i just store the figures in bins, that way i can still buy all the ones i want.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: