You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on October 01, 2015, 10:43:46 AM
The main reason I bought the Carnotaurus is for customising as the solid material should be good for sculpting on and it balances rather well. The shrinkwrapping on the heads is quite awful
How much does it cost to you?
The links provided show a 12.99 pounds wich is expensive to me, I'd like to get them.

They are so weird that I like them all. (Mostly the prey items). Also I love amphibians, so the salamander velociraptors are quite appealing to me.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Megalosaurus on October 04, 2015, 02:28:26 AM
The links provided show a 12.99 pounds wich is expensive to me, I'd like to get them.

They are so weird that I like them all. (Mostly the prey items). Also I love amphibians, so the salamander velociraptors are quite appealing to me.

I paid 12.99, which seemed expensive to me too, but then again like I said these are quite heavy and substantial models, and a lot bigger than you might expect.

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on October 04, 2015, 06:20:13 AM
Quote from: Megalosaurus on October 04, 2015, 02:28:26 AM

I paid 12.99, which seemed expensive to me too, but then again like I said these are quite heavy and substantial models, and a lot bigger than you might expect.

Oh! That means the shipping cost will be very hight too.
May you post a size comparinson shoot with scheich or collecta Man or with a papo dinosaur? Thanks.

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Megalosaurus on October 04, 2015, 11:23:58 PM
May you post a size comparinson shoot with scheich or collecta Man or with a papo dinosaur? Thanks.

I currently only have one Papo figure, but it's appropriately the Carnotaurus:

The photos not great I'm afraid. What it doesnt show is that the figure is pretty wide, because of the stance. Hope this helps.

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on October 05, 2015, 06:42:18 AM
Quote from: Megalosaurus on October 04, 2015, 11:23:58 PM

I currently only have one Papo figure, but it's appropriately the Carnotaurus:

The photos not great I'm afraid. What it doesnt show is that the figure is pretty wide, because of the stance. Hope this helps.
Thank you. It helps. I consider get at least one of this weird things. But sadly the site does not ship internationally.

postsaurischian

Not exactly a recent acquisition, but soon to be in my hands :).

picture © by Marilyn Price

Patrx

Oh my! That's magnificent.

Dinomike

Quote from: postsaurischian on October 06, 2015, 06:53:35 PM

Not exactly a recent acquisition, but soon to be in my hands :)

That is simply stunning! It looks alive! You sure are lucky to have that one!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

RobinGoodfellow

picture © by Marilyn Price

Is it a customized Collecta Feathered Rex, right ?
Who's the artist?
It looks gorgeous !  :o

postsaurischian

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on October 06, 2015, 07:38:21 PM
Is it a customized Collecta Feathered Rex, right ?
Who's the artist?
It looks gorgeous !  :o

It sure is the CollectA T. rex - gaps filled and re-painted by Sir Martin Garratt :)

Silvanusaurus

What sorcery is this? I've just been sold on that figure, I was put off by the flamboyant colours but this looks beautiful. I may have to do my own repaint.

sauroid

that is absolutely beautiful Helge!  :o
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Tyto_Theropod

Awesome rex! It looks way better than the original. Who did the repaint?
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

suspsy

Oh wow, that's fantastic!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Dinomike

My latest ones I obtained thanks to our very own Amargasaurus cazaui! I'm happy to own these! :)

Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Jetoar

Today they have arived my last acquisitions  ^-^.

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

postsaurischian

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on October 07, 2015, 01:37:50 PM
Awesome rex! It looks way better than the original. Who did the repaint?

.......  the marvelous Mr. Martin Garratt.

Quote from: Dinomike on October 07, 2015, 05:47:24 PM
My latest ones I obtained thanks to our very own Amargasaurus cazaui! I'm happy to own these! :)

I also got my Battats from Michael. They're very lovely, so .....  ;D A CHEER FOR AMARGASAURUS CAZAUI ;D !!

Kayakasaurus

Hello! I rode my bike to Value Village in the rain today, and look what I found! Someone must have donated their Dino collection, I've never been in a situation where there were so many Carnegies I got to choose my favorites and leave the rest behind. Almost everyone has a tag, and there were more in original boxes, as well as some retro model kits that I didn't get. I spent about 25 dollars, including 6 more chinasaurs and a JP trike not pictured here. Very surprising and exciting to find the Japanese Albertosaurus as well! So, the big question is, should I take the tags off? I'm not one to put value on tags, but I can't help but feel I would be taking away from the value that their former owner saw in them.

Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

joossa

Wow! Great find! Congrats.  :))

The trek in the rain was worth it.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Tyrannosauron

Styraurus has always been one of my favorite disaurs.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: