You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinomike

Wow Kayakasaurus! That was a great find! The X Plus Albertosaurus is a gem!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

SBell

I don't do tags either. As for valuing the figures--the owner did just donate them away, which seems strange. Probably a 'helpful' mom or significant other.

Takama

Quote from: SBell on October 08, 2015, 08:12:00 AM
I don't do tags either. As for valuing the figures--the owner did just donate them away, which seems strange. Probably a 'helpful' mom or significant other.

My mom knows not to give anything away without my permission. Otherwise i be furious

EmperorDinobot

Speaking of X-plus, my recent acquisition was an X-plus Styracosaurus.

Anyone wanna paint it?

Dyscrasia

Due to Sideshow screwing up with the shipping, I received my pre-ordered Trike exclusive statue 2~3 months later than most other people that has pre-ordered it.

CityRaptor

Quote from: SBell on October 08, 2015, 08:12:00 AM

What is it with American Moms and giving away their kid's stuff without asking? I've read that on several forums and have seen it in several movies/series so far...

Quote from: Jetoar on October 07, 2015, 08:16:50 PM
Today they have arived my last acquisitions  ^-^.

The showdown between guys who stick out their tongue and roll their eyes!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Rain

I'm very jealous of you Dyscrasia  >:(

Dinomike

Quote from: Rain on October 08, 2015, 08:37:26 PM
I'm very jealous of you Dyscrasia  >:(
Me too! You must be over the moon though! :)
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: postsaurischian on October 07, 2015, 08:58:18 PM
Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on October 07, 2015, 01:37:50 PM

Quote from: Dinomike on October 07, 2015, 05:47:24 PM
My latest ones I obtained thanks to our very own Amargasaurus cazaui! I'm happy to own these! :)

I also got my Battats from Michael. They're very lovely, so .....  ;D A CHEER FOR AMARGASAURUS CAZAUI ;D !!
I am glad everyone is getting their pieces intact and not crushed or anything. It kinda makes you understand how small the world is to look and see those figures scattered around the world and know they were here before. I am glad I could do that for you guys......enjoy please!
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerzโ€”Glenn Jepsen

joossa

Dyscrasia, the trike looks fantastic. Congrats!  :)

Got this big boy in today. When I saw how bulky he was, I instantly fell in love.

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

EmperorDinobot

X-Plus Styracosaurus. Shrink-wrapped.

Anyone wanna paint it or make it more of the dinosaur that it is supposed to be so that I can pose it next to my x-plus Albertosaurus?

Extra cash if anyone gives it the Bison treatment I gave to my Bison Styracosaurus a few months ago:

stargatedalek

Package from a few days ago!

Primeval "raptor", very pleased with it. It may not be scientifically accurate but it more than makes up for it with articulation and beautiful aesthetics.

Kaiyodo regular and albino baby red0eared sliders. Absolutely adorable, they make a lovely set with their Yujin counterpart.

Kaiyodo Yellow margined box turtle, this one could be my favorite out of the turtles, I love the detailing of the shell (it even has the hinge on the plastron!).

Kaiyodo reeve's turtle, and not a very good picture of it.

Kaiyodo Diplocaulus is one from my long time list, and I adore it.

Kaiyodo Bothriolepis, it's so cute a must have.

Got lucky with these at Value Village the other day.

Schleich Great White Shark, it's a lot better than I would have expected. Upon getting it home I realized the only other white shark I had in this size range was the Wild Safari version, I have to say I prefer the Schleich.

Schleich retro Allosaurus and Dilophosaurus, both have a sort of charm to them but I wouldn't have paid much frankly.

Safari Monterey Bay giant squid, it's a lot larger than I'd expected! I wish I'd thought to get a comparison to the Wild Safari, it absolutely dwarfs it!

Roselaar

That Primeval Raptor is one of the coolest dinosaur action figures I know. Despite not being accurate, I can highly recommend it to anyone. ;)

These Raptors are less good looking, but still fun:

I have yet to see these anywhere else in my country but the store I bought them at, and I've heard they're not the easiest to come by in the USA either. So even though they're not the greatest sculpts or the finest repaints, I decided I'd better get them before I might lose that opportunity.

Halichoeres

Just in from Spain:

Diictodon sculpted and painted by the forum's own Mr. Challenger. Incredible artist and great to deal with. I'd recommend his pieces to anyone. This guy is pretty large, about 18 cm long, and is a really eye-catching centerpiece on my Permian-Triassic shelf. More photos in my collection thread...
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Patrx

That is one adorable Diicotodon! I really like the patterns.

Also, I know I'm late to the proverbial party, but I too have always had an inexplicable fondness for the Primeval "raptor". It's just so dramatic-looking and snakelike.

Sumo

Found the Bullylland Tyrannosaurus in a bag of chinasaurs at the Red Cross shop, and as I feel I have to appease the flea market gods by buying anything halfway decent I had to bring it home...  This model is coarsely sculpted and anatomically incorrect in any number of ways, but at least it's only mediocre rather than offensively bad. I'd say it's been well loved, but considering how incredibly fragile Bully paintjobs are the poor beastie may well have come out of the shop looking almost this worn!
"It is only a matter of time before the ents of justice arrive, and demonstrate the true, amphisbaenian origin of Mammalia. Then we will be free!"
- Dr Darren Naish

EmperorDinobot

I need that Primeval raptor, to investigate its articulation capabilities.

Jetoar

Two weeks ago was my 7ยบ anniversary with my girlfriend and yesterday arrived my presents of her.

My girlfriend is my more precious treasure forever  ^-^.

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Uroplatus

Nice new additions, and congrats to you and your girlfriend with your anniversary.  ^-^

Jetoar

Quote from: Uroplatus on October 16, 2015, 10:56:35 AM
Nice new additions, and congrats to you and your girlfriend with your anniversary.  ^-^

Thanks friend  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: