You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mo_the_Triceratops_King

Quote from: CityRaptor on July 05, 2016, 06:08:58 PM
The computer I was using decided to freeze.
Hmkay. How long was ur intention to bid? My max bid was at 30€.

Dyscrasia

My latest Collecta haul....

Concavenator

They are so gorgeous,specially the Beishanlong and Deinocheirus

sauroid

Very cool haul Dyscrasia.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

suspsy

Quote from: sauroid on July 07, 2016, 11:17:22 AM
Very cool haul Dyscrasia.

Yes indeed!

I have a CollectA order en route, but with a strike looking at Canada Post, it may not arrive for some time. :(
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Jose S.M.

Very nice models Dyscracia.  I hope I can get some of those new Collecta's  soon, I want all the feathered ones.   I have to learn how to buy online in other places other than amazon  or directly from stores.

suspsy

I use Minizoo myself. Everything Dinosaur is also an excellent source for CollectA.

CityRaptor

Quote from: Mo_the_Triceratops_King on July 05, 2016, 06:41:07 PM

Not sure. Probably less since I already had the brown version of that figure.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

ITdactyl

Dyscrasia sure knows how to tickle the "envy" bone.... :D

Jose S.M.

Quote from: suspsy on July 07, 2016, 07:59:53 PM
I use Minizoo myself. Everything Dinosaur is also an excellent source for CollectA.

My problem is that i got used to Amazon ,to buy from Amazon here in Costa Rica we have to use a third party, they have an office in Miami and then send the items from there to their offices here. So i've never bought direclty from a store, and I think I don't even have an adress in the national mail office. That Amazon system sucks a bit because the third party increases the price. So I better get informed in how to buy directly hehe

sauroid

all you need in ordering online from abroad is a paypal account and/or a major credit card
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Mo_the_Triceratops_King

Quote from: CityRaptor on July 07, 2016, 10:46:38 PM
Quote from: Mo_the_Triceratops_King on July 05, 2016, 06:41:07 PM

Not sure. Probably less since I already had the brown version of that figure.
where did u get it? i like my version but the brown one looks more natural.

CityRaptor

Got it years ago. Back then there was a seller called lordhelmchen67 ( saly no longer active ), who sold a lot japanese stuff. Some rather oddly named. For example the Triceratops was called a King Kong figure. Some of the stuff sold by the seller of your Triceratops seems to come from lordhelmchen's former customers. And the way they are named and described are very similar to how he did it.

And here is my latest haul: Moschops and Pareiasaurus from GIMIKI's Journey.

To my surprise I found these two in a store for 1 Euro a piece. Sure, they are not unique to the line, but those two are still rather uncommon species. And the fact that they are juveniles mitigates them not beeing too overly realistic a bit. Now the true question is who this Gimiki is and why he or she is on this journey...
Oh no

Roselaar

Quote from: CityRaptor on July 09, 2016, 12:08:03 AM
Got it years ago. Back then there was a seller called lordhelmchen67 ( saly no longer active ), who sold a lot japanese stuff.

Now the true question is who this Gimiki is and why he or she is on this journey...

Ah, Lordhelmchen, I remember him well... I got a lot of great Japanese figure at great prices from him as well. Too bad to hear he's quit.

I've always wondered the same thing about that Gimiki character. Is he/she a dinosaur? A human being travelling to the past to find baby dinosaurs? I dunno... I just think the babies are cute. And there's some lovely species in that full set of 24, including those two.

CityRaptor

Yes. Those were good times. The account is still there, but the last feedback given seems to be from 2014 and there is a lot negative feedback given at that point.

I agree. I have no interest in the full set ( the store did not have them all anyways ), but those two were among those I wanted.
Oh no

danmalcolm

Suspsy, what Dino retailers do you know of in ontario? I know schleich is at toys r us and scholars choice, and papo at mastermind, but anything else is frustrating to find!

deanm

I have bought Wild Safari at Hobbies & Toys (aka the Blue Toy Store - there are at least 2 in Burlington, ON).

Michael's the craft store has a varying selection of Wild Safari also (at least the ones in Burlington, ON).

suspsy

Michaels has a limited selection of Safari. I got the Woolly Mammoth, Apatosaurus, Ceratosaurus, and Dracorex from there. They also stock the Vagaceratops and a bunch of older toys that look lame by comparison.

I've also used Hobby and Toy Central for online purchases. FaunaFigures as well. Hope that helps.

SBell

Quote from: suspsy on July 10, 2016, 03:24:09 AM
Michaels has a limited selection of Safari. I got the Woolly Mammoth, Apatosaurus, Ceratosaurus, and Dracorex from there. They also stock the Vagaceratops and a bunch of older toys that look lame by comparison.

I've also used Hobby and Toy Central for online purchases. FaunaFigures as well. Hope that helps.

Yeah, currently with the threatened Canada Post strike I (FaunaFigures) am stuck not accepting orders (couriers cost too much). I really hope it passes quickly.

Brontozaurus

Got my second ever Invicta, the Megalosaurus!  ;D
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: