You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Quote from: SBell on July 16, 2016, 01:15:31 AM
Very nice bunch if animals. The Starlux are a dangerous one to start with--some of them oculd drive you crazy! It took me 7 years to track down an Edaphosaurus!

The Marx knock-offs are original Ja-Ru copies of Marx figures (the Pteranodon is their own design).

The Prior fishes are a great series. I had a bunch, but sold most of them (the electric catfish were the ones I wanted most!). Sort of like the Britains--there are people on the ATF and STS forums that love those figures!

I was hesitant about collecting Starlux at first, but now I just love them too much not to. Maybe I got cocky considering my first was a Cephalaspis found unexpectedly in a lot of random dinosaurs. If I can get that one, why not the rest of them, eh?  ;D

May be a good idea to take the animal figurines to the ATF then. What's STS stand for? I'm not familiar with that one.

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on July 16, 2016, 12:20:15 PM
Well done on winning that auction, Roselaar, it was a very attractive lot. I've seen various Britains Ltd figures around on eBay, they are usually lead figures, I think they're probably very collectable, but I've always avoided them because I'm very wary of anything made of lead.

None of my Britains Ltd. are made of lead, but their quality does stand out compared to most other animal figures in that lot. They have a definite collectability vibe to them.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Roselaar on July 16, 2016, 01:06:22 PM

What's STS stand for? I'm not familiar with that one.

It's a German forum like Animal Toy Forum. It's nice:
http://sts-forum.forumieren.de/

Roselaar

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on July 16, 2016, 01:34:37 PM

What's STS stand for? I'm not familiar with that one.

It's a German forum like Animal Toy Forum. It's nice:
http://sts-forum.forumieren.de/

Thanks, I'll be sure to check that one out as well. :)

SBell

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on July 16, 2016, 12:20:15 PM
Well done on winning that auction, Roselaar, it was a very attractive lot. I've seen various Britains Ltd figures around on eBay, they are usually lead figures, I think they're probably very collectable, but I've always avoided them because I'm very wary of anything made of lead.

None of my Britains Ltd. are made of lead, but their quality does stand out compared to most other animal figures in that lot. They have a definite collectability vibe to them.

There is a plastic series as well--not as old, but still popular with some collectors.

Bokisaurus

Beautiful beautiful new additions everyone
Well, I got some Schleichs's at clearance price of $2 each, the only price I would pay for these figures :D
[

And a couple of Mojo just to round up the ugly ball ;D
[
I actually like the Sabertooth , it's from their mini series.
Happy hunting, I am eagerly awaiting my last set of CollectA 2016 figures!

AcroSauroTaurus

I got back from Chicago today, Went to the Field Museum and got a Safari brachiosaurus, and The Feild Museum exclusive Safari torosaurus and Anatotitan. But the main reason I went to Chicago was for Godzilla Fest, which explains the other figures in the picture.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Megalosaurus

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on July 18, 2016, 04:56:32 AM
I got back from Chicago today, Went to the Field Museum and got a Safari brachiosaurus, and The Feild Museum exclusive Safari torosaurus and Anatotitan. But the main reason I went to Chicago was for Godzilla Fest, which explains the other figures in the picture.
[...]

Nice little field museum figures, I have Sue, but not the herbivores yet.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Postosuchus84

Landed the Battat Terra Series Acrocanthosaurus and Tyrannosaurus the other day. Definitely very nice.

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Megalosaurus on July 20, 2016, 07:56:55 PM
Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on July 18, 2016, 04:56:32 AM
[...]

Nice little field museum figures, I have Sue, but not the herbivores yet.

Those two were the only ones I liked out of the four, Tyrannosaurus are accidentally over populated in my collection anyway.  :P
I am the Dinosaur King!

suspsy

Here's all my recent CollectA acquisitions. Some are from online, others come courtesy of the Indian River Reptile Zoo gift shop and Game and Hobby Zone in downtown Toronto. :)

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Concavenator

Gorgeous looking Beishanlong,Lythronax and Thalassomedon!

DinoLord

Amazing that the Field Museum still has the Sue figures; the line must be around a decade old. Though I have a bunch of spare Anatotitan in storage if anyone wants one...

MLMjp

The other day I ordered the WHOLE Battat Terra range of figures from ED. And they are finally here!  :)) :))

Lanthanotus

Nice "kick start" for a Battat collection, MLMjp, let's all hope they release the other ones too in the near future :)

MLMjp

Quote from: Lanthanotus on July 24, 2016, 09:51:16 PM
Nice "kick start" for a Battat collection, MLMjp, let's all hope they release the other ones too in the near future :)

Thanks ^-^
Since the Nanshiungosaurus has been discontinued and the Cryolophosaurus future is unclear, I said to myself: If I don´t do it now, those could be out of stock soon and never be re-stocked, which means that it will be more difficult and expensive to get them all in the future. I had enough money, so I took advantage of Everything Dinosaur promotion of the 12 figures set.  :)
I´m pretty happy with all of them, although I though some of them were bigger, and I really did not care about the Stegosaurus ::) But another piece in the collection never hurts. ;)

I also hope they will release the remaining ones in the future.....I need the Triceratops, the Edmontonia, the Ornithopods...the list goes on. :)

deanm

Ran across a nice little walking pterosaur puzzle/toy. A fun short diversion before having supper  :)

Part of a set of 6 dinosaurs. Canadian quarter (same size as US quarter) for scale in last photo.

And it does walk - better than i expected.

Halichoeres

That's a really clever design!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Roselaar

I've seen similar walking dinosaur models before, but never a walking Pterosaur. That's definitely a daring concept!

Libraraptor

Quote from: Roselaar on July 25, 2016, 09:01:48 PM
I've seen similar walking dinosaur models before, but never a walking Pterosaur. That's definitely a daring concept!

Thought the same :)

docronnie

Awesome hauls everyone!  Just got these yesterday.  I've been struggling in my hunts lately.

Tsukuda Hobby Spinosaurus

Takara Tomy A.R.T.S. Dino Kingdom 2012  Tyrannosaurus without base 

Invicta Megalosaurus - 1974 

Invicta Ichthyosaurus - 1986 

Invicta Baryonyx - 1986 

And a gift from Doc Jess, straight from Australia:

Collecta Baby Woolly Mammoth - 2009 

TFL!  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: