You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

Quote from: Lanthanotus on August 26, 2016, 08:46:09 PM
I can't say for your aquired figures, but Bullyland released some of it's figures under the brand name "Arbaton" (for the supermarket chain Aldi I think), like the Tyrannosaurus you showed (in exact the same size, deatil and color scheme). I did not hear of Kindertoyz yet, but given the poor presence of Bullyland in retail shop even here in Germany, it may be that they concentrate on releasing their less popular figures under several more brand names as is common for many products in several industry branches.

I consider myself an expert. "Kindertoyz" are made by Bullyland, in the same factories a.s.o., but they are smaller molds and have been released in certain discounters. It´s like a "cheaper" version of popular brands produced by these very brands, you see? Some packages and brand logos resemble the original ones and do contain the original product, but are sold under a different brand name. It´s a way for companies to get rid of their constant overproduction.
I think the "kindertoyz" and "Arbaton" figures  were a comission work for low-budget supermarkets in Germany just like LIDL and ALDI. Thanks to the more than ruthless and barefaced cut-throat competition thanks to a new  manager (as a retail shop assistant told  me in confidence)  Bullyland seems to be looking for niches in the home market. The low budget products seem to be one of these ideas to fill such a niche.
So, you hold in your hands Bullyland products, but not "officially".

Lanthanotus

That's what arrived with the mail yesterday, got it for just 10 € including shipment by a cahnce find on ebay...

... folders are actually 1-8 rather than 1-6 and 1-2, as there's every issue in from the most famous 1 to 102. So, as far as I could learn, it misses only issue 103 which included issue 104 which was an index of all issues. I find it rather mysterious why someone collected every single issue of this series up to the very end (and with the somewaht pricy folders) and then does not conclude the collection with the remaining last issue. Well, that last one will take some time to find I'm sure.

Unfortunatly the collection misses the red/green 3D goggle, will have to replace this to enjoy the lovely 3D prints in the middle of every issue. I found that, after they had a series of what looks like museum diorama or film setting figures of varying quality, they started to photograph toy dinos for the 3D picture - recognize the one here, it's the Invicta Mamenchisaurus, but they also used Carnegies and others. After that they used very dynamic drawings for the 3D poster.

CityRaptor

Nice haul. These magazines are often offered at ridicolous prices, but they do not sell for much. No matter how rare some people they claim they are, they are pretty common. The 3-D pictures they originally used seem to be from an older set that dates back to the 30s or so.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Jose S.M.

I had like 10 issues when I was a child. I don't remember which but one of them included a poster of an Iguanodon fighting a pack of Deinonychus. I don't know if that was in every edition or the one in Spanish

Dilopho

I have SO MANY issues of that! But they are from a school so they have missing pages here and there and some random stickers on the pages.

Lanthanotus

Yeah, getting random issues or issues like 1-15 seems to be rather common on ebay (.de at least), I myself just had issue 1 back then - now realized that had to be back in 1993 according to copyright (as the issues lack a publishing date) and I was already 16/17 then which makes me think why I got such a magazine, seems I got no typical teenager's life :D

Well, the series seem to be quite varied in the information given and in the quality of the pictures from excellent to comparably poor, but just having a short glance through all issues there's a lot of really nice ideas.

The collection seems in pristine condition, in fact it seems most if not all issues haven't been read, just filed away. When I find the Iguanodon/Deinonychus picture, I'll post it here ;)

Roselaar

My sister imported some GeoWorld figures for me from Portugal. Not the best figures they have to offer, but still a kind gesture. Also added a lovely Carnegie Dippy to my collection.

Dilopho

Quote from: Roselaar on September 09, 2016, 11:48:54 AM
My sister imported some GeoWorld figures for me from Portugal. Not the best figures they have to offer, but still a kind gesture. Also added a lovely Carnegie Dippy to my collection.

Wow, I'm soooo jealous of Dippy  :o :o :o
The Geoworlds are quite a nice selection too!

Keaton64

That diplodocus is one of my favorite Carnegies.  I love large sauropod figures in general, which led me to go for this from ebay:

He will fit right in with the rest of the Carnegie sauropods despite not being one.  His head sits a lot lower than others I have seen though.

Everything Dinosaur sent me this awesomeness:

The bearded dragon actually came from somewhere else.  I couldn't find mosasaurus in the US at the time, some of CollectA's stuff is getting hard to find (bearded dragon included).

And finally a purchase that I hope I don't end up financially regretting, the entire unpainted Invicta collection, courtesy of Joseph DeMarco (a name I feel like I've seen here before in another topic):

All of them are in pretty darn good condition, with only a handful having some minor scuffs & scratches.  Entire thing cost $345 w/ shipping ($15 per figure), plus I got an extra painted triceratops.  I felt it was better to go this route than buy individually over long periods of time for $20-$30 each, plus I love vintage dinosaurs.  They will go well with my Imperials & Tim Mee dinosaurs.

RobinGoodfellow

That Mamenchisaurus is in great shape. Congrats!

Silvanusaurus

An interesting little selection of creatures I've gotten recently, including a Recur Baryonyx, and several other odd little spinosaurids (several from Halichoeres). Also, a very intriguing 'Nayab' Placerias.

Some shots of the Placerias, which came in a lot of mostly generic chinasaurus, and looked black in the listed photo on eBay. It turns out to be a surprisingly attractive shade of blue/grey with a sandy colour beneath. I've never seen a variant of this figure like this before, and it definitely isn't a custom painted figure. The sandy colour is the base shade of the plastic, which is very soft, the eyes are barely painted and the tusks are the same colour as the body. So whats the deal, is it a rare variant? Anyone else seen one like this before?
Anyway, I think it's a really cool little figure, I actually much prefer it to the regular bright green version.

Dilopho

Apparently the Mosasaurus sold too well in the US and that's why they're hard to find.

I mean, it's absolutely stunning compared to the other figures available, such as the "slim-and-shiny" Safari, the "Vintage look" Carnegie and the "Extinct-in-the-wild" Jurassic World.

Dilopho

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on September 10, 2016, 10:33:57 AM
An interesting little selection of creatures I've gotten recently, including a Recur Baryonyx, and several other odd little spinosaurids (several from Halichoeres). Also, a very intriguing 'Nayab' Placerias.

Oh, while I was typing that reply this one was posted!
Lovely find Silvanusaurus! That Brachiosaur looks really scary though!  :o
Where do you find all these Lontic dinosaurs? I think they're really nice. Their Giganotosaurus is one of the best I've ever seen next to the Carnegie (In my opinion)

Silvanusaurus

I got the Lontics from Halichoeres. I don't believe I've seen their Giganotosaurus.

Dilopho

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on September 10, 2016, 10:50:50 AM
I got the Lontics from Halichoeres. I don't believe I've seen their Giganotosaurus.
Here it is!

It is based on the old DK books model along with some of their other dinosaurs, look!

Their Giganotosaurus, Suchomimus and Caudipteryx are based on these models:

Concavenator

Quote from: Dilopho on September 10, 2016, 10:38:43 AM

Where do you find all these Lontic dinosaurs? I think they're really nice. Their Giganotosaurus is one of the best I've ever seen next to the Carnegie (In my opinion)
That's not a Brachiosaurus,it is a Spinophorosaurus.

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Dilopho on September 10, 2016, 11:01:19 AM
Here it is!

It is based on the old DK books model along with some of their other dinosaurs, look!

Their Giganotosaurus, Suchomimus and Caudipteryx are based on these models:

Ah, I see, I really want to get that suchomimus actually, I always liked that DK model.

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Keaton64 on September 10, 2016, 01:26:15 AM
That diplodocus is one of my favorite Carnegies.  I love large sauropod figures in general, which led me to go for this from ebay:

[...]
And finally a purchase that I hope I don't end up financially regretting, the entire unpainted Invicta collection, courtesy of Joseph DeMarco (a name I feel like I've seen here before in another topic):

[...]

All of them are in pretty darn good condition, with only a handful having some minor scuffs & scratches.  Entire thing cost $345 w/ shipping ($15 per figure), plus I got an extra painted triceratops.  I felt it was better to go this route than buy individually over long periods of time for $20-$30 each, plus I love vintage dinosaurs.  They will go well with my Imperials & Tim Mee dinosaurs.

Woah, so you got the whole Invicta line all at once?! Nice thing and they really seem to be excellent condition, I envy you, congrats :)

How much did you get the Mamenchi for if I may ask? Did you get it with its fossil background?

Keaton64

It didn't come with the background, and I got it for $50.  It was its third time being listed, and the seller dropped the price by $10, so I went for it.  At the time, there were two others going for roughly $90, and one of them had part of its tail broken off. 

Looking now, others have shown up, and one of them has the fossil background.  It's on a bid system with five days to go, and it's already at $45.  Good luck to whoever gets that one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/142111733916?redirect=mobile

SBell

Quote from: Concavenator on September 10, 2016, 11:02:39 AM
Quote from: Dilopho on September 10, 2016, 10:38:43 AM
That's not a Brachiosaurus,it is a Spinophorosaurus.

That Spinophorosaurus is a little weird looking, but it's probably the rarest one of the lot--that was a Special Release for a single museum by Bullyland.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: