You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueKrono

Quote from: Neosodon on April 23, 2017, 05:30:29 PM
The Jobaria would look more realistic as a corpse I think.

Or perhaps an in-progress corpse. Just look at that facial expression.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Tylosaurus

Hey all just did some shopping at everythingdinosaur.co.uk for these two:

Safari Ltd Velociraptor (2017)
https://www.everythingdinosaur.com/product/wild-safari-prehistoric-world-feathered-velociraptor/

Battat Terra Series Acrocanthsaurus (2016) In Honor of our lost friend Dan Leslie LoRusso​ <3
https://www.everythingdinosaur.com/product/acrocanthosaurus-dinosaur-model-battat-terra-acrocanthosaurus-dinosaur/

Zhuchengotyrant

Well, just today I received the Papo Polacanthus, and I have an Edmontosaurus from Schleich coming soon. I also ordered today a Wild Safari Kentrosaurus, some of the newer CollectAs from Everything Dinosaur (ten total) and I also ordered the Favorite Zhuchengtyrannus and Sinoceratops. They are all slated to come within the next week or so.  I'm very excited!!  8)
-Zhuchengotyrant

Pachyrhinosaurus

These just came in. I remember when WWD3D first came out and had its own area in TRU. Not sure why I didn't buy any figures back then, but I have some now. The troodon goes really well alongside medium-sized figures.

[Image Removed]
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Daspletotyrannus

I finally got a Carnegie Deltadromeus.  I always wanted one when I saw pictures of one. Very lovely.

I also got a Carnegie Dilong. I'm  impressed with the feathered work.  Very fine and small work on the figure. Lol

Neosodon

Quote from: Daspletotyrannus on April 25, 2017, 07:44:34 PM
I also got a Carnegie Dilong. I'm  impressed with the feathered work.  Very fine and small work on the figure. Lol
It's feather sculpt was very good for its time.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Neosodon on April 26, 2017, 12:34:26 AM
Quote from: Daspletotyrannus on April 25, 2017, 07:44:34 PM
It's feather sculpt was very good for its time.

And for its size! I'm always amazed by small figures that are so well detailed.

LeapingLaelaps

Haven't got them yet, but I just ordered a bunch of old Carnegie's. Ichthyosaurus (comes with a Tanystropheus that I might sell), Camarasaurus (super happy about this one), and Oviraptor (feathered version).

Slowly getting through all the retired things on my wish list before I can start on things that are still available. Only 6 Carnegie's left on my wishlist! Then I'll work on two retired Safari toobs, the Papo woolly rhino and some old Schleich stuff 8)

Silvanusaurus

YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS! I finally got my hands on a Bullyland Liliensternus! And it's in amazing condition (I've seen some really beaten up ones in my searches)

I got this lot from Germany to add to my growing Bullyland collection, also included were an Arizonasaurus and Edaphosaurus, which I love but I already have one of each, so I might sell/trade them if anyone is interested in them, otherwise I'm happy to keep duplicates for now.

I also got a very large lot of unusual, random, apparently vintage chinasaurs, I wasnt interested in most of it but picked out these select figures from the masses (actually, the Salvat Baryonyx was a seperate purchase):

The obvious highlight is the WWD leaellynasaura, but I'd be interested in selling/trading that too. However, this little resting tyrannosaurus is rocking my world right now:

Where in this thing from? Surely no mere cheap piece of tat? This little bloke fell into my life from nowhere and he's now one of my favourite dinosaur figures! How often do you see a T rex just lying there looking all adorable like that? (And with lips!)

Cloud the Dinosaur King

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on April 26, 2017, 07:38:51 PM

The obvious highlight is the WWD leaellynasaura, but I'd be interested in selling/trading that too. However, this little resting tyrannosaurus is rocking my world right now:

Where in this thing from? Surely no mere cheap piece of tat? This little bloke fell into my life from nowhere and he's now one of my favourite dinosaur figures! How often do you see a T rex just lying there looking all adorable like that? (And with lips!)
I would love to trade one of my models for the WWD Leaellynasaurua. Here is the thread for my trades: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5620.0

SBell

Quote from: Cloud the Dinosaur King on April 26, 2017, 08:25:46 PM

I would love to trade one of my models for the WWD Leaellynasaurua. Here is the thread for my trades: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5620.0

It's from a Tyrannosaurus life-cycle set hatching, baby (the one you have), juvenile (a lightly built running one) and adult (heavier-set one).

Flaffy

I've been searching for a WWD leaellynasaura for quite a while now, would be interested in purchasing ^-^

Megalosaurus

Congratulations everyone. I'm envy of the PNSO and Bullylands. I hope to fullfill my Bullyland triassic dreams one day  :'( .

[...]However, this little resting tyrannosaurus is rocking my world right now:
[...]

As SBell said: TRex lifecycle. I have it all, no idea of the company, but I bought it from forum member Stargatedalek.
My thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4916.0
Relevant pictures:

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Roselaar

King's Day treated me fairly well. Returned home with 38 dinosaur/prehistoric/creature figures, though nothing really special this year. A decent mix of quality brands, interesting Chinasaurs and random figures. Pics soon to follow.

Zhuchengotyrant

My Safari Kentrosaurus just came. Very happy, I only spent $8 on it!!! >:D
-Zhuchengotyrant

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quetzalcoatlus woodkit by WACO of Japan, made for The Smithsonian for their 1986 exhibit On the Wing.

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 28, 2017, 05:36:56 AM
Quetzalcoatlus woodkit by WACO of Japan, made for The Smithsonian for their 1986 exhibit On the Wing.

That's really neat!  Looks a lot better than other woodcut dino skeletons.

Blade-of-the-Moon

It's odd i guess this Japanese company pioneered these kits? I have three by the same company and the quality is really much better than all the stuff you see out in the market now.  It says they were designed by Tatsuya Kodaka for WACO in the U.S. ,  pics here  https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/wood-dinosaur-model-vtg-toy-kit-478313738 show these larger kits with more pieces and a real..finesse?  to them.    There is a mosasaur i saw once but never again..it's next on my hunt list ;)

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Megalosaurus on April 27, 2017, 05:03:07 PM
As SBell said: TRex lifecycle. I have it all, no idea of the company, but I bought it from forum member Stargatedalek.
My thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4916.0
Relevant pictures:

Interesting, the rex with the big red tongue lolling about, to the right of the resting one, was also in the lot. I thought they might be related but I'm not so fond of that one, because the tongue (or is it supposed to be flesh that its eating?) is a bit off putting.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: