You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

docronnie

Excellent catch Loon!  I bought my Dino Expo 2002 dinos at a dollar each or less, including that rare Acrocanthosaurus. 

Nobody was able to identify it correctly back then, but a PM from another collector showed me the Kaiyodo Guidebook where my figure was featured. I think a few days after,  Blackdanter pointed out that it was indeed a collector book figure.

Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Takama

Positive for Archinto

Fenestra

That is one beautiful new acquisition, Takama.
Congratulations!
I guess that's going to be your center piece for quite a while!  :)

I bought some cheap Dilophosaurus skull from china which turned out to be pretty nice!

(The stand is something I had lying around.
The figure is Safari ltd. Dilo 2.0)

docronnie

That's a beautiful skull, Fenestra.  What is it made of?

spinosaurus1

papo kaprosuchus. probably the best crocodyliformes figure available.

Fenestra

Quote from: docronnie on June 03, 2017, 10:34:47 PM

It's resin.
And it had a horrible varnish smell when I took it out of the package.
Hooray for toxic chinese paint!   >:D

Roselaar

It's amazing the old stuff you can still find on flea markets these days!:

Need an ID on the small Plesiosaurus and the (sadly legless) Archaeopteryx, please.

Also found this baby, though obviously not on a flea market:

Archinto

Ive been majorly procrastinating on posting any of my recent acquisitions.... ive had quite a lpt of new di osaurs added i to the flock lately  O:-)

Managed to score figures from land of the lost, carnegie safari, marx mpc and timmee, orsenigo, starlux and so much more. My favorites are probably all the flocked vintage fuzzy figures! Id post a pic herwbut thatd almost be like spoiling christmas.....
Congrats on the great finds everyone! Seema the thrift stores have been providing lately :)
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

docronnie

Quote from: Fenestra on June 04, 2017, 11:27:48 AM
Quote from: docronnie on June 03, 2017, 10:34:47 PM

It's resin.
And it had a horrible varnish smell when I took it out of the package.
Hooray for toxic chinese paint!   >:D

Just wear gloves when you handle it. 😇

CityRaptor

The same Blue I mentioned but did not show in an earlier post.

Also needed something for a non-Dinosaur related Amazon order to qualify for free shipping, so I got "The Land that Time forgot" as a graphic novel.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

tasosaurusGR

QuoteNeed an ID on the small Plesiosaurus and the (sadly legless) Archaeopteryx, please.
I don't know but the same arheopterix figure is shown in this post. I hope this helps. :)
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=1415.0

Roselaar

Quote from: tasosaurusGR on June 06, 2017, 05:35:46 PM
QuoteNeed an ID on the small Plesiosaurus and the (sadly legless) Archaeopteryx, please.
I don't know but the same arheopterix figure is shown in this post. I hope this helps. :)
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=1415.0

Yes and no. I may still not know the company, but at least I know what the full figure looks like. :) Thanks!

Didn;t know they made a graphoc novel of TLtTF, it looks neat!

Halichoeres

The Archaeopteryx is from a Famemaster 3D puzzle, one of their best. It also included a featherless Velociraptor from which the Archaeopteryx was fleeing.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Roselaar

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 06, 2017, 08:35:03 PM
The Archaeopteryx is from a Famemaster 3D puzzle, one of their best. It also included a featherless Velociraptor from which the Archaeopteryx was fleeing.

Great, thanks! I already felt it had a FM feel to it.

Zhuchengotyrant

Nice findings everyone! As for me, I just received my Safari Utahraptor from forum member Emperor Dinobot's eBay store. Positive for him!
-Zhuchengotyrant

Libraraptor

Roselaar what a lucky find!  It's a pity that one never,  never finds such things on flea markets in Germany but only worn-off Schleich crap.

Roselaar

Quote from: Libraraptor on June 11, 2017, 08:47:31 AM
Roselaar what a lucky find!  It's a pity that one never,  never finds such things on flea markets in Germany but only worn-off Schleich crap.

I would also welcome second hand Schleich on flea markets, where they belong. In fact, that's where I got half my Schleich collection. :)

But yeah, you gotta love the diversity on Dutch flea markets.

JohannesB

I got this Sega Triceratops to go with the Sega Tyrannosaurus. Very nice (and very big) toy models.

Faelrin

I just picked up the Terra Battat Tyrannosaurus at Target today, with the money I got from donating plasma today. I really regret not picking these figures up sooner. It is such a nice T. rex figure, considering the sculpt was originally done in the 90's I think? Even if this line is sold at Target (and elsewhere?) now, I'm really glad it has a connection to my childhood favorite museum. I'm even wondering if the T. rex statue I saw there in the late 90's was the one similar to this figure (or rather the original figure). If only my memory from then wasn't too fuzzy.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

BlueKrono

My recent haul from my Chicago trip:

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: