You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

I just peeked at that link, and oh man, their imitation product of the Schleich Dunkleosteus is hilariously bad.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

BlueKrono

Been a couple weeks behind in posting, but I got to meet up with a certain esteemed member of the DTF for the Chicago Toy Show and came away with a pretty good haul. As you can see, most of what I got was not prehistoric in nature (rather Star Wars heavy this year), so I won't go into detail about the stuff that isn't pertinent to the interests of this forum. But here's a quick group shot:

Diramix Pteraspis and Poraspis from Italy

A handful of "screamers"

Perhaps the neatest thing I got at the show was this Japanese figure of the Star Wars alien called a Ronto (the CGI model was the body of the Brachiosaurus from JP and during preproduction they nicknamed the beast "Bronto". Then they just dropped the B and had their name). This figure actually walks when you press the butt, and is made of a soft, stretchy rubber. Super fun!

Dinosaur Hot Wheels car

I think I overpaid for this guy at $2, but he's so unique and I honestly don't know what I'd search for to find him again. Anyone? I like his Dimetrodon sail. Kinda reminds me of a couatl from D&D.

Aurorus figure - a Pokémon based on an Amargasaurus

Another Pokémon - Lapras, sort of a plesiosaur with a shell. Reminds me of early descriptions of plesiosaurs where they were described as "snakes threaded through the body of a turtle".

Banshee/Ikran plush from Avatar

A flea market find. Probably supposed to be a crocodile, but feet seem kind of flipperish to me and put me in mind of a Metriorhynchus.

A giant sail-finned Dilophosaurus. His mouth opens when you pull his arm down. This is a large figure.

And lastly some Magic cards I picked up from the local game store. Shown are some of the new Ixalan set. These colorful, almost ludicrously feathery dinosaurs are done by a cadre of artists with an admirable level of homogeny. I don't play Magic, but I appreciate the art.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

PhilSauria

In my experience if you collect figures and/or models in relation to one area of interest then you are quite likely to do the same in regard to other areas of interest. Battling for display space with my paleo figures are comic related action figures (mostly Marvel and particularly Hulks!), along with movie (Predator, Alien & assorted SF) and TV (Doctor Who) related pieces of plastic. Also some extant animals in there as well, but mostly it's Dinosaurs.

Roselaar

Wow, those Diramix figures are really large. Not very good looking, but considering there's no other figures of those species really, that can be forgiven.

CityRaptor

Quote from: PhilSauria on November 12, 2017, 10:20:37 AM
In my experience if you collect figures and/or models in relation to one area of interest then you are quite likely to do the same in regard to other areas of interest. Battling for display space with my paleo figures are comic related action figures (mostly Marvel and particularly Hulks!), along with movie (Predator, Alien & assorted SF) and TV (Doctor Who) related pieces of plastic. Also some extant animals in there as well, but mostly it's Dinosaurs.

That would be Kaiju for me. Although I shrunk down that collection, mostly due to space.

Quote from: BlueKrono on November 12, 2017, 07:44:04 AM
Dinosaur Hot Wheels car

Yeah, I definately prefer the Motosaurus I got to that generic one.

My latest Haul:

Books!

Nearly all used. Some I got because I wanted them, some because I was curious and some to qualify for free shipping...the one by Tanaka is "Graveyards of the Dinosaurs" but the German title translates as "Dinosaurs - Why they had to die"...uh, yeah.

Figures!

Old Schleich Kentro, small Saichania and Giganotosaurus. Got the latter set for the Saichania, of course. The Giga looks like it is in terrible pain...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Roselaar

Germany raises an interesting question: why did they have to die? That they died was obvious, but why did they have to as if it was someone's malicious intention? Has the world become a better place without them?

Joey

Quote from: Roselaar on November 12, 2017, 07:31:34 PM
Germany raises an interesting question: why did they have to die? That they died was obvious, but why did they have to as if it was someone's malicious intention? Has the world become a better place without them?
I guess the giant space rock, really didn't like them.

Sim

Quote from: BlueKrono on November 12, 2017, 07:44:04 AM
A flea market find. Probably supposed to be a crocodile, but feet seem kind of flipperish to me and put me in mind of a Metriorhynchus.

Since it doesn't have a tail fin, I wonder if a teleosaurid would be a better match?: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teleosauridae

UK

Got this unusual coloured ukrd apatosaurus from Japan. Not the normal colour and looks quite good for that line.

laticauda

I have thought about getting the Opee but I just have not found a price that I am willing to pay.

I love that p-47 as well.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Here are my latest:

I was able to find the Battat triceratops without paying much at all. Also pictured are a partial triceratops jugal and a toe bone I bought at a show this weekend:
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

PhilSauria

Color me green with envy! I have had the Battat Triceratops on my wants list for as long as I can remember but they never seem to come up - over priced or otherwise. So, how did you come by this one the?, if you don't mind me asking? Good to see photos of the actual Safari figures too. Can't wait for them to become available over here in Aus.

BlueKrono

Roselaar - I was surprised as well. They're a lot bigger than the Diramix dinosaurs and prehistoric inverts I've gotten.

Sim - I dunno, teleosaurids weren't anatomically much different from modern gharials. Separated toes, etc. The tail doesn't match, but I'd lean more toward Metriorhynchus.

Laticauda - Most of the Opees at the show were listed for $20. I bought mine mint in package for $8. It's deals like that that make it worth it driving all the way to Chicago!
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

ceratopsian

Very well done on the Battat Triceratops, Pachyrhinosaurus!  Like several others here, that's a figure high on my wants list.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Thanks!

Quote from: PhilSauria on November 15, 2017, 05:15:13 AM
So, how did you come by this one the?, if you don't mind me asking?

There was a woman selling a lot of random dinosaurs on one of my Facebook groups and I was one of the lucky ones to see the post first. $40 for the lot of three I picked (including the carcharodontosarus and parasaurolophus) to the door.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

sauroid

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on November 15, 2017, 12:11:57 PM
Thanks!

Quote from: PhilSauria on November 15, 2017, 05:15:13 AM
So, how did you come by this one the?, if you don't mind me asking?

There was a woman selling a lot of random dinosaurs on one of my Facebook groups and I was one of the lucky ones to see the post first. $40 for the lot of three I picked (including the carcharodontosarus and parasaurolophus) to the door.
congrats on that awesome haul Pachyrhinosaurus. what is the name of that fb group btw?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

RobinGoodfellow

A real lucky find on the web...

Unboxing pictures:

..and the treasure inside the package:

I already had Arizonasaurus and Mastodonsaurus.
BUT  Bullyland Ankylosaurus and the blue version of the Bullyland Batrachotomus are precious.  ^-^
(Also the green version of the Dimetrodon isn't that bad  ;) )

I'll send my second Mastodonsaurus and Arizonasaurus to Martin Garratt for a repaint/customization.  8)

:)

acro-man

Oh gosh!
It should be the luckiest find!
I just need that Mastodonsaurus now!!! >:D
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

UK

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on November 15, 2017, 03:02:42 PM
A real lucky find on the web...

Unboxing pictures:

..and the treasure inside the package:

I already had Arizonasaurus and Mastodonsaurus.
BUT  Bullyland Ankylosaurus and the blue version of the Bullyland Batrachotomus are precious.  ^-^
(Also the green version of the Dimetrodon isn't that bad  ;) )

I'll send my second Mastodonsaurus and Arizonasaurus to Martin Garratt for a repaint/customization.  8)

:)

Glad they got to you safely. I'm glad they went to a dedicated collector. If you see anything else you like I'm selling on eBay send me a pm on here and we can work outside of eBay and save their and PayPal fees.

Steve

Jose S.M.

Great haul RobinGoodfellow, they all look nice, I'm glad you found them.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: