News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Have you ever...?

Started by tyrantqueen, March 13, 2012, 06:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

I've definitely talked in my sleep, not sure about the themes of my discourse.

Have you ever bought more food than you really wanted because it was a bargain?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Newt

Yes. I've also finally learned to avoid the all-you-can-eat buffet (it's only a good deal if you eat until it hurts)!

Have you ever been licked by a wild animal?

Pliosaurking

Does a zoo count? I've been licked by a giraffe and serval lizards before.
Have you ever been to a fossil dig site?

Halichoeres

Not an active one, no. I got invited to one but couldn't make it because of work. I've just dug around in road cuts and other open-to-the-public fossil sites.

Have you ever moved to a new abode more than once in a single year?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Newt

No, that sounds miserable.

Have you ever gone through a whitewater rapid, with or without a watercraft? 

Halichoeres

No, but it sounds fun! Well, it sounds less fun without a watercraft.

Have you ever eaten a food you really hate just to be polite?

Bowhead Whale

Yes. But I could not lie for very long.

Have you ever given up an item... and regret it afterwards?

Newt

Not for long. Being forgetful has its perks!

Have you ever been cured of nostalgia for something from your childhood when you experience it again and realize that it's not as good as you remembered?

Stegotyranno420

yes, far too many times unfortunately

have you ever been in a hotel?

Halichoeres

Yes, although some have been scarcely worthy of the name.

Have you ever bathed under a "shower" which was just an unadorned pipe emerging from a wall?

Newt

That's a new one on me, though I have bathed in an outdoor shower that spewed slightly warmed but otherwise untreated sulfurous ground water percolated from a nearby salt marsh. Refreshing!

Have you ever split firewood?

Pliosaurking

Yep, many times.
Have you ever done parkour?

Bowhead Whale

No, I would have broken a limb doing that.

Have you ever bought something... only to realize you already had bought it (and now being stucked with doubles)?

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Several times. Done twice with Doctoe Who Classic DVDs, once with an extinct animal toy (PNSO Glyphoderma), twice or three times with books.

Have you ever borrowed a film from Blockbuster only to have the wrong disc in the case?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Stegotyranno420

QuoteHave you ever bought something... only to realize you already had bought it (and now being stucked with doubles)?
how does that even happen?

anywways, no since I grew up post the blockbuster age.

Have you ever embarrassingly vomited at an important event

Bowhead Whale

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on December 07, 2022, 06:25:19 AM
QuoteHave you ever bought something... only to realize you already had bought it (and now being stucked with doubles)?
how does that even happen?

anywways, no since I grew up post the blockbuster age.

Have you ever embarrassingly vomited at an important event

Not vomited... but farted. Loudly. I wanted to die.

Have you ever had to exhibit a work you totally failed at?

Halichoeres

Yeah, a backup research project for a college course after the first one didn't work out.

Have you ever had a single YouTube video view ruin your recommendations for a while?

Stegotyranno420

yes its annoying, and it is usuallh things I am against.

Have you ever tried an "american" flavored  product from another country? For example a bag of Lays labeled as "American cream cheese"

Bowhead Whale

No. But I did try fake maple sirup once. Not that bad as an original recipe, but a terrible, terrible imitation of the real maple sirup.

Have you ever eaten a whole, large chocolate bunny at once?

Stegotyranno420

Nope.

Have you ever seen a mountain from a plane?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: