News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Age of Mammals

Started by Balaur, September 14, 2013, 05:41:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balaur

I have a big development, a decision that I had a tough time choosing, but I made my choice. I know it can be in a special, but I don't want to skip the Paleocene, for several reasons:
1. It is possibly the coolest time period in the Cenozoic
2. It is underrated dramatically.
3. Lot's of interesting creatures from that time.

So, the series now has seven episodes, but I did this for another reason.

If I were to actually make it, which I will try my best to pitch it to the BBC once I'm older (and wiser), in the DVD features, I would have two documentaries similar to the "Triumph of the Beasts" and "The Beasts Within" programmes as the making of for Walking with Beasts.

So, anyways, expect Baralymbda making its debut television(?) appearance.  ^-^

Yutyrannus

Cool! Also, I have the Paleocene in my series as well (enter Titanoboa ;D).

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Balaur

Like my Age of Reptiles movie adaption, I am doing a movie adaption for Age of Mammals, following Ida, the Darwinius from the Messel Pits. And while I did cancel the Paleocene episode, I will have a brief Paleocene sequence at the beginning of my Age of Mammals movie.

Yutyrannus

Cool! Can't wait for more information about this movie! Will Ambulocetus be in it?

Balaur

Maybe, I'm toying with the idea of a Pakistanian whale jn Germany.

Balaur

I have the list of creatures in the movie -
Darwinius
Quasisyndactylus
Primozygoactylus
Gastornis
Leptictidium
Palaeochiropteryx
Eurotamandua
Propalaeotherium
Ailuravus
Pristichampsus
Palaeobatrachus
Buxolestes
Titanomyrma

And the movie is officially titled Age of Mammals: The Story of Ida.

And no, there won't be Ambulocetus, but Pristichampsus will play the "villain" role.

Yutyrannus

Yes, I love Pristichampsus ;D! He really needs to be more represented in film and TV. Also, please check out the Allozoic Project on the ATF as I am updating it with world maps and details on new islands and continenys ;).

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on November 14, 2013, 01:23:51 AM
Yes, I love Pristichampsus ;D! He really needs to be more represented in film and TV. Also, please check out the Allozoic Project on the ATF as I am updating it with world maps and details on new islands and continenys ;).

Yes, the Pristichampsus will be unnamed, and Ida the Darwinius will actually be the only named creature in the movie. Expect some more awesome scenes than in the Age of Reptiles movie. ;)

I can't wait to see the world maps and other stuff for the Allozoic Project. I hopefully will have time to make creatures for that Project.

Yutyrannus

The maps are up now. Also, can't wait for pictures from the movie!

Balaur

As I did with the Otto special, being a movie then changing it to a special, I am changing my Ida movie into a special.

Yutyrannus

I think they will work better this way :).

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on November 22, 2013, 03:38:24 AM
I think they will work better this way :).

So do I. I think that I won't do movies, but just specials, so we can stay with the nature documentary format.

Creature list to be posted soon.

Yutyrannus

Is the creature list going to be different? Also, I can't wait for the Pristchampsus and Darwinius pictures!

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on November 22, 2013, 03:40:42 AM
Is the creature list going to be different? Also, I can't wait for the Pristchampsus and Darwinius pictures!

Slightly. I won't have as many animals because it is a half-hour special.

I am not good at drawing crocodile armour, so I'll have to conquer that, but the Darwinius will be the hardest picture I have drawn so far. I suck at drawing primates, period. Primitive, or hominids.

Balaur

Animals in this new special include -
Darwinius
Leptictidium
Propalaeotherium
Ailuravus
Gastornis
Pristichampsus
Palaeoglaux
Pristichampsus
Palaeochiropteryx
Eurotamandua
Titanomyrma
Ambulocetus

I can't draw insects, so I won't draw Titanomyrma. It's just a big ant. ;)

Yutyrannus

Darwinius shouldn't be anywhere near as hard as a hominid though.

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on November 22, 2013, 04:29:10 AM
Darwinius shouldn't be anywhere near as hard as a hominid though.

No, probably not as hard.

Balaur

Yutyrannus

Awesome! Can't wait for the next one :)!

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on November 27, 2013, 01:28:08 AM
Awesome! Can't wait for the next one :)!

The next one will be an intresting one for sure. If I had a problem making a story like I did for Paradise Lost, it'll be strange.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: