News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaurs;The Gems That Time Forgot

Started by Concavenator, September 30, 2013, 06:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

Hello,this is an update of my paleoart ( http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,1492.0.html )
So in this new topic I'll try to do much more accurate dinosaurs,and getting away from too feathery dinosaurs,proportionally incorrect,etc.
I also love the idea of having my own 'book',so this topic will include episodes as well.
I'll do also a topic of prehistoric mammals and crearures from before the dinosaurs.
More info. like the episodes and all will follow  shortly.   :)

Concavenator

Ok,now these are some of the 'episodes' and species thid topic will have.I'll post the rest soon,as I'm deciding what more episodes and species to add.But now these are:

The News Hiters
In this episode I'll draw the recently discovered dinosaurs (from 2010 to now).And these are the species will feature:

Concavenator

Balaur
Diabloceratops
Lythronax
Xenoceratops
Siats
Ichthyovenator
Yutyrannus

The Unique Dinosaurs

Therizinosaurus

Dinosaur's  Paradise
In this episode,we follow the life of a Pachyrhinosaurus through the forests of Alaska.
(The idea is took from WWD 3-D )
Gorgosaurus

Pachyrhinosaurus
Parasaurolophus cyrtocristatus
Centrosaurus

Edmontosaurus

The Giant Killers
In this episode I'll draw the biggest carnivores dinosaurs ever:
Spinosaurus

Carcharodontosaurus
Mapusaurus
Saurophaganax
Acrocanthosaurus
Tyrannotitan
Tyrannosaurus:
[/img]http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b616/Andresguillen/2014-01-26-162330_zpsdba3ece2.jpg[/img]
Exclusives
Dinosaur Fights
In this episode,we'll see some dinosaurs (from a same place and time fight).
Monolophosaurus vs. Tuojiangosaurus
Tyrannosaurus vs. Ankylosaurus
Spinosaurus vs.Carcharodontosaurus
Velociraptor vs.Protoceratops
Troodon vs. Lambeosaurus.

Ampelosaurus

More details coming soon   :)

Yutyrannus

This sounds cool :)! But I have a question: is this just an art thread or is it a series like what me and Balaur are doing?

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Concavenator

Quote from: Yutyrannus on October 04, 2013, 02:24:38 AM
This sounds cool :)! But I have a question: is this just an art thread or is it a series like what me and Balaur are doing?
Thanks!  :)
In my previous topic I had too feathery dinosaurs,clown feet etc,etc...so I'm redoing some of them and neater ones.Also,I put episodes because I think it's funnier than just drawing random ones.So yes,looking at yours and Balaur's art topic I thought it was very cool,so a part because this topic is existing is that I love that idea.

Concavenator

I've already done my new Ichthyovenator,Gryposaurus and my Monolophosaurus vs. Tuojiangosaurus pictures  :) Will be posted as soon as I can.

Concavenator

EDIT--
I'm ading a new series in the Exclusives section:Dinosaur concepts
It will be about dinosaur speculativement,so some of the stull it wil feature is very strange:
The evolution of Troodon
What if the most intelligent dinosaur,Troodon,wouldn't have got extinct?
The series will part from Troodon formosus and will finish with an intelligent humanoid.

Feathered Brachiosaurus
This picture will be of a fully feathered Brachiosaurus  ;)

Spinosaurus
In this picture I'll depict as how would it look if we just see to the skeleton parts discovered so far.  :)

Balaur

Quote from: Concavenator on October 28, 2013, 01:48:20 PM
EDIT--
I'm ading a new series in the Exclusives section:Dinosaur concepts
It will be about dinosaur speculativement,so some of the stull it wil feature is very strange:
The evolution of Troodon
What if the most intelligent dinosaur,Troodon,wouldn't have got extinct?
The series will part from Troodon formosus and will finish with an intelligent humanoid.

Feathered Brachiosaurus
This picture will be of a fully feathered Brachiosaurus  ;)

Spinosaurus
In this picture I'll depict as how would it look if we just see to the skeleton parts discovered so far.  :)

Humanoid dinosaurs? If Troodon didn't go extinct, I don't think It'll evolve into a humanoid. It probably would be something else, but definentally not a humanoid...

Feathered Brachiosaurus is more plausible than that at this point. I am still intrested to see your humanoid dinosaur.

Concavenator

It's been quite a time since the last time I uploaded pictures,mainly as I haven't got much time.But anyways,behold my newest pictures.

Carcharodontosaurus

Ampleosaurus

Everything_Dinosaur

Good sketches, and interesting choice of markings.

Concavenator

Thank you very much,Everything_ Dinosaur!  :)

Concavenator

I bought some new pencils today.Expect a new Tyrannosaurus rex to be done and uploaded soon.  :)

alexeratops

Quote from: Concavenator on December 31, 2013, 01:39:59 PM
I bought some new pencils today.Expect a new Tyrannosaurus rex to be done and uploaded soon.  :)

KOOL
I'm starting a new art thread today or tomorrow because my old one is like 5 pages back in the art section and these new ones deserve their own thread.So be watching that. :)
like a bantha!

Concavenator

Quote from: alexeratops on December 31, 2013, 03:21:04 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on December 31, 2013, 01:39:59 PM

KOOL
I'm starting a new art thread today or tomorrow because my old one is like 5 pages back in the art section and these new ones deserve their own thread.So be watching that. :)
Ok,I'm looking forward to your new art thread  :)

Concavenator

Just finished my All Yesterdays Tyrannosaurus rex.I think it's my best picture so far.I based it mostly on a snowy owl and it looks awesome.Espect it to be shown or either tomorrow or on Thursday  :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Concavenator

Concavenator

And now I've done my completely new Concavenator.Expect it to be posted along with the Tyrannosaurus.
Next will be a Edmontosaurus regalis,however,I won't just put the crest,I'll represent an adult male of the species,so it'll have a bigger,cooler crest.Just speculating  ::)

Balaur

Quote from: Concavenator on December 31, 2013, 08:11:04 PM
And now I've done my completely new Concavenator.Expect it to be posted along with the Tyrannosaurus.
Next will be a Edmontosaurus regalis,however,I won't just put the crest,I'll represent an adult male of the species,so it'll have a bigger,cooler crest.Just speculating  ::)

Sounds nice! Also, your pictures are really cool!

Concavenator

Quote from: Balaur on December 31, 2013, 08:12:09 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on December 31, 2013, 08:11:04 PM

Sounds nice! Also, your pictures are really cool!
Thanks,Balaur! Also,I think I've improved a lot with the two new pictures.You'll see  :)

Concavenator

Here they are:  :)

Tyrannosaurus

Concavenator

Edmontosaurus regalis

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: