News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2014

Started by SommoDracorex, November 08, 2013, 10:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

that "Therizinosaurus" looks like something from an old prehistoric sci-fi movie made in the 70s
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Concavenator

Quote from: sauroid on January 27, 2014, 06:10:02 PM
that "Therizinosaurus" looks like something from an old prehistoric sci-fi movie made in the 70s
For me it looks like one of those 'Astronauts from the Past' doesn't it?  ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

A Star Wars film would be perfect for him. 

Megalosaurus

It doesn't because that movies depicted dinosaurs in scaly of elephantine skin, but this toy has dinofuzz/filaments/protofeathers. I believe it fits more the Jurassic Park toy line, because it has articulated arms & jaw, so it is an action figure.

Well, after watch the pictures and the video provided by E.D. I decided to purchase the pentaceratops and the therizinosaurus.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Megalosaurus on January 27, 2014, 11:54:06 PM
It doesn't because that movies depicted dinosaurs in scaly of elephantine skin, but this toy has dinofuzz/filaments/protofeathers. I believe it fits more the Jurassic Park toy line, because it has articulated arms & jaw, so it is an action figure.

Actually some dinosaurs in these old films had hair, feathers, and just anything in any place.

It does..but the ChapMei Therizino is a more accurate and fits teh JP line even better. ;)

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 28, 2014, 12:26:09 AM
Actually some dinosaurs in these old films had hair, feathers, and just anything in any place.
It does..but the ChapMei Therizino is a more accurate and fits teh JP line even better. ;)
O.K. I accept your point of view.  ^-^

Anyway, I look at this one as a toy, if Schleich add articulated legs, we are done... An amazing Krueger Wolverine Saurus action figure! Can't wait to get this slice & dice dinosaur!...  ;D  :))
Not a joke: I prefer Schleich over Geoworld. May be this Theri is not accurate enough, but is a cool figure anyway.

This is a secret to everybody: I'd like Papo to make the WWD scally version of the Theri.

sauroid

i hope Therizinosaurus is going to be one of Papo's future models, it's popular enough.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Concavenator

Quote from: sauroid on January 28, 2014, 05:33:28 PM
i hope Therizinosaurus is going to be one of Papo's future models, it's popular enough.
If it will,it won't be feathered,I guess.

sauroid

who knows? Papo might surprise us.

Megalosaurus

Quote from: sauroid on January 28, 2014, 06:31:15 PM
Well, they surprise us already with the archaeopterix. But lets get back to Schleich.
Do you guys & girls think the pentaceratops is acurate enough to be called a model? Just forget about the paint scheme.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Megalosaurus on January 28, 2014, 10:52:08 PM
Quote from: sauroid on January 28, 2014, 06:31:15 PM
Well, they surprise us already with the archaeopterix. But lets get back to Schleich.
Do you guys & girls think the pentaceratops is acurate enough to be called a model? Just forget about the paint scheme.
Do you mean to ask whether it should be marketed under the name of Pentaceratops, or just as a generic ceratopsian? I think yes, it has the frill ornamentation required (regardless of its other inaccuracies). If I'm misunderstanding you please explain it to me :)

Also, regarding Papo- it's frankly far too early to contemplate what they're going to be releasing in 2015.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Just compare it the skeleton :

Gwangi

Knowing little about Pentaceratops except the general body plan I would say yes, the new model is accurate enough to classify both as a model and a Pentaceratops. The only thing glaringly wrong are the hands and feet and companies still get those wrong, even the WS Triceratops (an otherwise great model) has inaccurate hands and feet.

sauroid

Schleich is still adhering to the generic (albeit inaccurate) Ceratopsian body plan for all their Ceratopsids, in contrast with most Japanese brands making Ceratopsian models.

CityRaptor

Looks like Schleich has a new Exclusive Scenery Pack:

The paint job of the Velociraptor is obviously inspired by Tribe B Velociraptor in Trespasser:

Rather obscure source.
But I have no idea which evil Dinosaur (as most purple Dinosaurs in fiction are evil , especially Theropods), the Allosaurus is based on.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 12, 2014, 07:44:48 PM
Looks like Schleich has a new Exclusive Scenery Pack:

The paint job of the Velociraptor is obviously inspired by Tribe B Velociraptor in Trespasser:

Rather obscure source.
But I have no idea which evil Dinosaur (as most purple Dinosaurs in fiction are evil , especially Theropods), the Allosaurus is based on.
Why, Barney of course!  ;D ;)
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Tyto_Theropod

Holy COW. *eyes bleed*
Penta is definitely the best, but hasn't anyone else noticed that the pose is eerily similar to CollectA's Chasmosaurus? And the Therizinosaur looks like a fearsome carnivore! It's embarrassing!
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Hellraptor

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on January 23, 2014, 12:06:08 PM
A close up of the new Schleich Therizinosaurus replica.  This model measures 20cm tall and it has an overall length of 22cm.  Quite well painted and this replica, once again aimed at younger dinosaur fans will feature articulated arms.

The skin has been textured to give the impression of proto-features, our pic shows the tail fan better than the official Schleich image that was released before Christmas.  We have pointed out that the claws are quite sharp, although aimed at 3 plus, the claws do look and feel a bit lethal.  Mind you, that's what we suppose the claws were anyway.

I was hpoing for tyhis figure aswell but know that i have seen more clear pics of it, i tjhink its looks to monstrous somehow, not the smallheaded, big bellied animal with huge claws we know. The proto-feathers a a nice add along with the large arrms however.
Taking dinosaurs of this islandis the worst idea in the long, sad story of bad ideas

Katieraptor

Schleich stills makes absolutely horrendous theropods, although the Therizinosaurus isn't all that bad. I actually like the purple color scheme on the Allo, although it's not enough to make me go out and buy it. That little Allosaurus is probably their best Theropod to date.
What I love about Allosaurus is that it lived an extremely violent life that was rife with broken bones, cuts, scrapes, infections, sprains, and yet it just kept on truckin.

My Art

Blade-of-the-Moon

Compared to a real therizinosaurus is pretty bad..maybe it could serve as a hatchling ?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: