News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Changing Scale

Started by MikeG, December 20, 2013, 03:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

I really hope she joins. If it weren't for her work on the Carnegie Line, I would never have discovered this Forum and get into this wondrous Hobby.

Blade-of-the-Moon

It would have been slow going for me if she didn't create these pieces.  The best dinosaur figures I had for the longest time was the Carnegie range.

amargasaurus cazaui

I have to say from my dealings with her and interactions so far, she seems to be a super nice, and quite intelligent person, with a good nature and quite down to earth. I sent her some dinosaurs to sign for my collection and she had them signed and back in the mail within two hours. And, to top it off she gave me an extra dinosaur as a freebie, just because.....I will start a new thread soon displaying my signed figures, and show them to you. I have to say she is a really class act and I am blessed to have gotten to know her.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Blade-of-the-Moon

It's amazing how nice some people are to strangers they've never even met, yet people you know locally can't give you the time of day. I'm continually amazed at how truly great my friends from all over the world are. :)

Takama

Pardon me if this don't belong here, Admins feel free to make a Separate Thread if see necessary

Ok, I was looking through the Carnegi Scale Thread, and I noticed something.  Safari is scaling the Carnegie line in favor of Kids, however,  for years I was taught that the Carnegie Collection was not to be taken as a toyline.  Yet, many people say they are when its obvious that they are made out of a finer material that could Break if subjected to too much abuse.  I Never considered these Figures to be Toys, My parents taught me that they were something more for display. And this was helped by the fact that My Music Teacher used to had an entire collection displayed on her desk once a year.
Because that these are collectibles, I find it Funny that Safari is not willing to make bases for there figures for the sake of children's playability, even though they said themselves in a Video that they posted, that They are Not toys.

tyrantqueen

QuotePardon me if this don't belong here, Admins feel free to make a Separate Thread if see necessary

Ok, I was looking through the Carnegi Scale Thread, and I noticed something.  Safari is scaling the Carnegie line in favor of Kids, however,  for years I was taught that the Carnegie Collection was not to be taken as a toyline.  Yet, many people say they are when its obvious that they are made out of a finer material that could Break if subjected to too much abuse.  I Never considered these Figures to be Toys, My parents taught me that they were something more for display. And this was helped by the fact that My Music Teacher used to had an entire collection displayed on her desk once a year.
Because that these are collectibles, I find it Funny that Safari is not willing to make bases for there figures for the sake of children's playability, even though they said themselves in a Video that they posted, that They are Not toys.

They're still toys. The fact that they blunt the theropod's teeth for safety reasons is evidence enough that children are part of their intended market. If they wanted to make something aimed at adult collectors, they probably would have it cast in something other than plastic.

therizinosaurus

I wrote an entire article about this topic for prehistoric times magazine a few years ago

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.