You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Greetings from your friendly neighborhood Timelord!

Started by Paleogene Pals, December 29, 2013, 04:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paleogene Pals

Good news everyone!  I decided to join the DTF and almost a year of lurking ;D.  Anyway, glad to be in touch with those who share my interest/passion for all things plastic/resin/vinyl and prehistoric. 

I also have a motive for joining and decided to try my hand at being a paleoartist myself O:-).  Specifically, my focus is going to be on creatures in the early Tertiary, particularly the more obscure ones. Not everything will be Paleogene, but most of it will be.  Anyhoo, if there is enough interest, I would like to cast my works in resin for sale. Because I am so busy with work and my commitments to my community, I would probably need to sell them through a third party vendor, if there is interest.

I am nearly done with the first figure in my series. It is a 1/18- to 1/20-scale Barylambda faberi. I just have to finish it feet, add more details to the fur, and create its base.  My second figure will be a 1/18- to 1/20-scale Patriofelis ferox which I intend to start soon. Other figures will include Moeritherium, Elomeryx, and a Tylocephalonyx, plus any suggestions you all may have.

I intend to post pictures of my Barylambda sometime this week when I get a chance.

Glad to be aboard :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Balaur

Welcome to the forums! :) I would love to see some photos from your models. I always like it when people choose very obscure prehistoric animals to restore. :)

Paleogene Pals

Thanks for everyone's interest!  I mostly choose subjects to fill in gaps in my 1/18-1/20-scale collection.  And, I feel that other critters besides T-rex and raptors should get some representation.  I'm working on some fur detail for my Barylambda now. I hope to post some pictures of the WIP early next week when I get some down time.

SBell

That sounds great to me as well. Look forward to seeing some pictures.

Paleogene Pals

OK,

Tonight, I am finalizing the fur detail on the face and neck of the Barylambda. Then, I will take pictures of what I have so far to post for everyone to see.  I hope everyone will be pleased with it  :-\

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.