News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The latest Display Room of Sbell

Started by SBell, January 12, 2014, 11:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SBell

Quote from: Bokisaurus on March 15, 2018, 05:31:11 PM
Those fishes looks darn good, love those custom made ones.
This photos reminds me that I did the right decision to put the brakes on fishes ;D I'm already overwhelmed by my Yowies and Kaiyodos :D

Most of the customs were models made for my online store. Unfortunately, I've lost contact with the sculptor, so what little I have left is it. It's too bad because I had hoped to get even more fishes out there!

Shonisaurus

The prehistoric animals of Starlux are very pretty SBell and by the way you have a very nice and very cool collection of fish, I would like to ask you how many fish you have in your collection approximately. They look great.  :))

SBell

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 15, 2018, 07:59:48 PM
The prehistoric animals of Starlux are very pretty SBell and by the way you have a very nice and very cool collection of fish, I would like to ask you how many fish you have in your collection approximately. They look great.  :))

Thanks! And of course you can ask...but the answer can be tougher.

If my database is correct, I apparently have 862 individual fish models (ranging across all 'fish' groups--agnatha, chondricthyes, osteichthyes, acanthodii, placdodermii...) but that does include doubles...!

I'm sure I can hit 1000 in no time (the whole collection is at 3969 apparently...but I am organizing to let go of some stuff too)!

SBell

And the bottom half...it's a marine bonanza! All sharks, larger fish, and marine reptiles!

As a kid, I would never have believed there would be this many shark toys...I remember when such a thing was pretty much an impossibility.

Shonisaurus

The current collection of Bullyland sharks that he launched many years ago was pretty cool. In fact they had done at least if I remember correctly seven different species of sharks.

The sharks you have are gorgeus. Thanks for sharing SBell.  8)  :)

SBell

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 16, 2018, 01:02:09 PM
The current collection of Bullyland sharks that he launched many years ago was pretty cool. In fact they had done at least if I remember correctly seven different species of sharks.

The sharks you have are gorgeus. Thanks for sharing SBell.  8)  :)

I've never had any of the Bullyland sharks. Their species are generally the same as everybody else's species...I have enough white sharks and hammerheads...(although, spoilers, I do have a ray from them)

And when I say as a kid, that is going back several decades...although my first figures in my collection are visible in the marine reptiles shelves (the original Carneige Mosasaur with frill and brown Elasmosaurus). Those were in my high school locker!

SBell

So, here I am on the last stretch...top of the last cabinet side!

More fish! Big ones this time! And the beginning of the mammal shelves...

PhilSauria

The Mammal collection looks great! Though I am facinated by and admire Dinosaurs I like prehistoric animals of all persuasions and that display of yours reminds just how many good mammal figures that we have available now. The new Macrauchenia displays quite nicely with the Schleich, looking forward to getting hold of one for my shelves. Thanks for the images.

SBell

Quote from: PhilSauria on March 17, 2018, 03:38:21 AM
The Mammal collection looks great! Though I am facinated by and admire Dinosaurs I like prehistoric animals of all persuasions and that display of yousr reminds just how many good mammal figures that we have available now. The new Macrauchenia displays quite nicely with the Schleich, looking forward to getting hold of one for my shelves. Thanks for the images.

Thanks! It's actually just the first shelf! With the next round of photos there will be 2 more full shelves of other large mammals!

Along with fish, prehistoric mammals are one of my major collecting points.

Shonisaurus

In a certain way Sbell also the prehistoric mammals are my favorite prehistoric animals but in this case together with the dinosaurs. You have a gorgeus collection. I enjoy with your beautiful photographs.  :D

postsaurischian

:)  Impressive fish displays (as expected)!

Who made this Frilled Shark?

SBell

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 17, 2018, 08:13:43 PM
:)  Impressive fish displays (as expected)!

Who made this Frilled Shark?

That's a Lontic/Nayab figure! It's part of a 12 piece set (Great White, Thresher, Megamouth, Sawfish, Hammerhead, Wobbegong, Basking, Whale, Angel, Zebra, Mako are the others, mixed among the shelves!) I also have a Torpedo ray from them (it and the sawfish are on an upcoming shelf...)

SBell

Well, here it is--the last shelves in the room! There are other models, scattered about the house...and I will get to those eventually (which is why so pretty obvious models are missing from here...like the Leedsichthys and Ptilodus).

But this lot is entirely prehistoric mammals...and rays. So many rays!

Hope you enjoy the shelves...as they were a few weeks ago! There are always new things here and there to add!

PhilSauria

You certainly have a very comprehensive Mammal collection!, a few there I'd like to track down but many I have and enjoy looking at. Don't think an interest in Dinosaurs needs to be at the exclusion of Prehistoric mammals. Thanks for sharing.

SBell

Quote from: PhilSauria on March 18, 2018, 06:27:03 AM
You certainly have a very comprehensive Mammal collection!, a few there I'd like to track down but many I have and enjoy looking at. Don't think an interest in Dinosaurs needs to be at the exclusion of Prehistoric mammals. Thanks for sharing.

It's more of a choice...only so much room, and I'm more mammal oriented! Not say that there aren't lots of dinosaurs about as well!

Shonisaurus

SBell you have a beautiful collection of prehistoric mammals for me the Holy Grail of prehistoric mammals is in the figures of Play Visions that for me are unattainable. By the way, do you have the famous palorchestes Play Visions? It is a very sought after figure in the toy market and I do not see it in your collection of prehistoric mammals.  :)

On the other hand I congratulate you on your collection and I am glad that you have all these figures and apart from that a collection so gorgeus and awesome.  :o

SBell

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 18, 2018, 10:43:05 AM
SBell you have a beautiful collection of prehistoric mammals for me the Holy Grail of prehistoric mammals is in the figures of Play Visions that for me are unattainable. By the way, do you have the famous palorchestes Play Visions? It is a very sought after figure in the toy market and I do not see it in your collection of prehistoric mammals.  :)

On the other hand I congratulate you on your collection and I am glad that you have all these figures and apart from that a collection so gorgeus and awesome.  :o

The big Palorchestes is the only one I don't have. I was just never able to get it. That's okay, I guess. I still kick myself that I never bought the figures when they were actually available from online stores...never assume a toy will be available forever! Just buy it when you see it (a more expensive philosophy...)

And yet, at one point I had two big Andrewsarchus...

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.