News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The latest Display Room of Sbell

Started by SBell, January 12, 2014, 11:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SBell

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 04, 2018, 03:03:08 PM
For whatever reason, I'm really digging that Yowie catfish.

I only learned about it last...summer? And it's pretty great too. Of course, it's from one of the more 'experimental' Yowies sets, meaning that it's from one of the harder to find series (5 or 6? One of those).

SBell

And now cabinet 6.

The top is some bigger sauropod figures with some smaller herbivores for variety...after that, it's all Colorata! With one or 2 exceptions...

Jose S.M.

I really like the extant marine life figures.

SBell

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on March 06, 2018, 01:53:07 PM
I really like the extant marine life figures.

Thanks!

With the exception of the DX sharks set and the marine mammals set, all of mine are the 'original' sets--I think every one of them has been revamped or re-released in some way! Sometimes for the better, sometimes it didn't matter (for example--it means I don't have the barrel eye from the deep sea set, it came out in an updated release, along with an updated oarfish).

Shonisaurus

SBell you have a beautiful minimuseo exhibitor in your house. It is of an incomparable beauty. On the other hand with respect to the opinions of other members of the forum, I also like marine animals, even if they are animals that fortunately exist today.  8)

In my young age it was rare to find marine animals like fish or even whales, I'm talking about forty-three years ago and maybe I'm short.  :)

SBell

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 06, 2018, 03:36:38 PM
SBell you have a beautiful minimuseo exhibitor in your house. It is of an incomparable beauty. On the other hand with respect to the opinions of other members of the forum, I also like marine animals, even if they are animals that fortunately exist today.  8)

In my young age it was rare to find marine animals like fish or even whales, I'm talking about forty-three years ago and maybe I'm short.  :)

Definitely agree! As a kid, I would have never imagined how many different sharks and other fish models there would someday be! Still not enough though!

Bokisaurus

Nice fishes you got there. ;) Although I keep a salt water aquarium and a big fan of marine life, I had to put on the breaks big time when I started the path of collecting the various small Japanese figures, too dangerous! ;D

SBell

Quote from: Bokisaurus on March 06, 2018, 07:08:48 PM
Nice fishes you got there. ;) Although I keep a salt water aquarium and a big fan of marine life, I had to put on the breaks big time when I started the path of collecting the various small Japanese figures, too dangerous! ;D

That's why I tend to focus more on wild freshwater fishes and more unique fishes that appeal to me...otherwise, it would just be too much! And with only a few exceptions (you'll see tomorrow!) I tend to avoid reissues of sets.

SBell

Cabinet 7! The last of the ledge-mounted Besta cabinets!

Lots of Big figures up top--a few Schleichs (which I am looking to sell) plus some big theropods--and some little ones to fill it out!

And then Colorata all over! including lots of the Endangered Fossil Fishes...but not all of them (I have bought all 3 sets! Just because there's always something new for me)

I think this last shelf is also the only one that has changed since I took these photos...the Colorata Dunkleosteus is now on here, more because it fit than anything else!)

laticauda

Very impressive.  Really nice collection.

Jose S.M.

Shonisaurus

Sincerely Sbell what I like most about the figures of Colorata are without a doubt their marine animals, fish, turtles and that I am a fan of prehistoric animals in general, but I have to admit that their fish are very well made.  :)

Bokisaurus

Haha, that is why I put on the breaks on collecting the various Japanese fish figures! ^-^
Very impressive collection, I really like those ancient figure. My favorite freshwater fish is the Arapaima! I only saw one in person in the Vancouver aquarium in BC, very impressive fish!

SBell

Quote from: Bokisaurus on March 08, 2018, 07:13:19 PM
Haha, that is why I put on the breaks on collecting the various Japanese fish figures! ^-^
Very impressive collection, I really like those ancient figure. My favorite freshwater fish is the Arapaima! I only saw one in person in the Vancouver aquarium in BC, very impressive fish!

I've seen those same ones (it was like 19 years ago...they're probably bigger now). I need to get to the Chattanooga aquarium next--there's a whole Freshwater river monsters thing there...!

And I usually pick and choose among the fish. I generally don't bother with things like koi & goldfish except to complete sets. It has only been recently that I've come to appreciate some of the other groups like salmonids and characins (both of which are surprisingly less common as figures than we might expect).

Shonisaurus

By the way, those great zebra and cheetah figures running from what company are they?  ??? They are fabulous. :)

SBell

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 08, 2018, 09:38:08 PM
By the way, those great zebra and cheetah figures running from what company are they?  ??? They are fabulous. :)

Everything in there (with a very few exceptions--the two Animal Kaiser rays and the bases on the OG Dinosaur set) are Colorata. They are from a long extinct (! ;D !) set called the Ueno Zoo collection.

SBell

Well, now that the STS forum is working again, I can get on to the next round of shelve--these are the bigger Hemnes cabinets. I'll break them up a bit, since there are still a lot of photos! Most of these ones are larger photos.

The larger size of these shelves means that many of the models are larger. As with the smaller shelves, sometimes they are organized by taxonomic groupings, sometimes by company...sometimes by size, or convenience.

Starting at the top:

Reptilia

I must say your collection is amazing. And I like a lot how you arranged its display.

Shonisaurus

Sbell I enjoy your collection. Your photos are beautiful and it is an ordered and cool collection. On the other hand I am ecstatic in all your figures and every day I feel more love towards the prehistoric amphibians of Play Visions are even seen in those group photos as prominent figures in my case.  ^-^

You have a real fortune summing up in figures of dinosaurs and toy animals, I'm glad you have that exceptional collection.  :)

SBell

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 10, 2018, 03:14:33 PM
Sbell I enjoy your collection. Your photos are beautiful and it is an ordered and cool collection. On the other hand I am ecstatic in all your figures and every day I feel more love towards the prehistoric amphibians of Play Visions are even seen in those group photos as prominent figures in my case.  ^-^

You have a real fortune summing up in figures of dinosaurs and toy animals, I'm glad you have that exceptional collection.  :)

It's taken a while to get there!

Funny thing though--I once had to sell the amphibian set, but was fortunate enough to be able to piece it back together again eventually!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: