News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Death of Radman

Started by radman, January 27, 2014, 10:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brontodocus

This is so sad and I am very sorry for you and your family. He was a great person, very kind, helpful, and humorous.

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

sauroid

the DTF has lost a very valuable member. my condolences. may he rest in peace.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

amargasaurus cazaui

Such a tragic loss to the dinosaur community here. My sympathies and I hope that your family finds peace and light at this time. The world gets just a little bit smaller each time we lose another dinosaur loving fan.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

martin garratt

I've just seen this tragic news on 'Facebook' I am shocked, I would like
to extend my sincere condolences to his family at this very sad time.

I'm glad that I had the priviledge of painting several dinosaurs for Christian!

ITdactyl

He helped me hunt for some items in my collection.  I'm not sure if I even thanked him enough.  My condolences to you and your family.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Very sorry for your loss. This is a hard time for you, I'm sure; we'll all keep you in our thoughts.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

docronnie

The passing of a fellow collector is disheartening, but in this case there is also joy, as someone in the family will continue his legacy.

My sincerest condolences to you and your family...
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

dutchdinolover

My sincere condolences to your family and to the forum.

All do we never talked; I feel a bit empty right know.

I love your collection.

R.I.P.

Bokisaurus

OMG! Such terrible news to hear. It's always sad to lose a member this way. We will miss him greatly. My sincere condolence to you and your family. May he RIP. :'(

paleoferroequine

This was such a shock to me. My deepest sympathy goes to your family. I didn't know him well but some of my favorite topics were his wildlife photos taken from your yard and the area. I spent last night viewing his posts (Spring's/Winter's in the air)from the old forum and the new and looking at his pictures. I'll miss them.

Ken Trossen

Crackington

Sorry to hear about this very sad news and condolences to you and your family. I always enjoyed his posts. RIP Radman.

Gwangi

Quote from: paleoferroequine on January 28, 2014, 11:08:58 PM
   This was such a shock to me. My deepest sympathy goes to your family. I didn't know him well but some of my favorite topics were his wildlife photos taken from your yard and the area. I spent last night viewing his posts (Spring's/Winter's in the air)from the old forum and the new and looking at his pictures. I'll miss them.

Ken Trossen

I was thinking the same thing after my post last night. He always had great photos to share of his local wildlife. I think that's probably how I knew him best.

dinonikes

I am greatly saddened to hear this news. My deepest condolences go out to his loved ones, who were always mentioned frequently in his correspondences with me. I have exchanged many thoughts with Christian over the years, regarding subjects not always paleo related, and he was always very interesting to know. I know he loved his family first and foremost, he will live on in their hearts.

SBell

It just kind of hit me that I had probably at least a few dealings with Christian; it was only when someone else wrote his real name that it connected.

Th last time we were in conversation, he had purchased a few Ademar models from me--I remember being really excited about seeing what he would do with their painting as he always had such a great eye for colour and detail...I guess we'll never know (or, alternately, I missed something somewhere).

stoneage

I am really sorry to hear this.  He was one of the great collectors and diorama makers.  I remember talking to him via personal messages many times.  I remember when he got ripped off and he confided in me.  I haven't been around here much of late, but he would still send me personal messages about things he thought I would want to know. He will be missed.  I hope you can enjoy his incredible collection.

krentz

Christian was one of my first customers, and I think he bought everything I did. I looked forward to his hand written letters and words of encouragement. As a father of three I'm very sorry for those he left behind, but as someone who lost his father at a fairly young age I can say with assurance to his kids that he will not be forgotten. You will see little bits of him in yourselves as the years go on. Call it genes, a spirit, or just plain parenting, he'll be immortal through his love for you. Death rarely makes sense but it's something we will all share some day. It makes us appreciate this gift of life and on those who contributed to our happiness. In my case, Christian's praise was often the pat on the head I needed to keep on going.
  Rest in peace.

Paleogene Pals

You have my condolences. I wish I had the opportunity to get to know him.

Libraraptor

Sad news, such a tragic loss. I highly appreciated Radman being around here and got to know him as a great person. Please accept my condolences. May he rest in peace. :'(

Simon

Doug Watson

Dear Konrad,
Please accept my deepest condolences to you and your family. I have followed the forum for while now but I am new to actually participating and unfortunately I never had the pleasure of getting to know your father. It is for that reason that I have waited to comment so I could read the thoughts of those who knew Radman. Well, from what I have read your father was well liked, respected, a loving father, someone who liked to help his fellow forum members and a good person overall. I was in my thirties when I lost my father and it still devastated me so I can only imagine what you and your sister are dealing with. One thing to be thankful for is that you are old enough to have memories of your Dad and you can keep him alive in those memories. I will look forward to reading your contributions when you join the DTF. On a personal note, in viewing your fathers collection I was honoured to see he had several of my pieces that i have sculpted so in that small way I feel a connection.
Again my sympathies and deepest condolences to you and your family.
Doug

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: