News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Hello from Tennessee

Started by Newt, February 04, 2014, 02:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newt

Hi!  I found my way here from the Clubhouse forums.  I am not a dinosaur toy collector, but I am interested in dinos and other extinct critters, and have lately begun sculpting seriously, so this seems like a good place for me!  I've already found lots of interesting information and inspiring buildups. 

I look forward to delving deeper into the forum.  And maybe one of these days I'll have some paleo-sculptures to present to your critical eyes!

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

DinoToyForum

Welcome Newt! I look forward to seeing what palaeo-sculptures you come up with  8)

Newt

tyrantqueen

BotM, you're from Tennessee, too right?

Btw, welcome to the forum, Newt.

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 04, 2014, 06:13:52 PM
BotM, you're from Tennessee, too right?

Btw, welcome to the forum, Newt.

That I am.  Northeast TN near the Bristol Motor Speedway.

Welcome Newt where in TN are you located ? Seems we share a similar interest in sculpting prehistoric life. :)

Jetoar

You are welcome new friend  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

tyrantqueen

Are you Inspector Gill from the Clubhouse?

Newt

Thanks for the welcome, folks!

Blade-of-the-Moon - I'm in Clarksville, so quite a ways west of you.  I checked out your Dinosaur Park website, and that place looks awesome!  Hopefully I can see it in person sometime- I have family in NC and VA, so I occasionally drive through your neck of the woods.  In the meantime, enjoy a Dr. Enuff for me!  I can't get them out here.

Tyrantqueen - My screen name on the Clubhouse forum is Notophthalmus.  I've only posted a few pieces over there, and none of them paleo-related (so far).

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Newt on February 05, 2014, 11:31:18 PM

Blade-of-the-Moon - I'm in Clarksville, so quite a ways west of you.  I checked out your Dinosaur Park website, and that place looks awesome!  Hopefully I can see it in person sometime- I have family in NC and VA, so I occasionally drive through your neck of the woods.  In the meantime, enjoy a Dr. Enuff for me!  I can't get them out here.

Tyrantqueen - My screen name on the Clubhouse forum is Notophthalmus.  I've only posted a few pieces over there, and none of them paleo-related (so far).
Oh, okay. I must have gotten you mixed up with someone else :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Newt on February 05, 2014, 11:31:18 PM

Ah I've heard of Clarksville..I have some idea where your at. My brother used to live in Nashville.

lol your more than welcome to stop by, hit me up ahead of time and I'll try to be around.  I actually don't like Dr. Enuff too much..crime I know..lol  If interested maybe we I can trade you for some later on ( I'll have to see how you can ship em'.. ;) )

Chris

Newt

Thanks for the offer, but there's no need!  I could order some online if I weren't so lazy...

I lived near Morristown for a while and got hooked on the stuff.  :D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Newt on February 06, 2014, 12:21:25 AM
Thanks for the offer, but there's no need!  I could order some online if I weren't so lazy...

I lived near Morristown for a while and got hooked on the stuff.  :D

Ah, well then I know what to offer in trade if you create any awesome prehistoric pieces I need.. ;)

Libraraptor

Welcome! And thank you Tennessee for your nice Whiskey!

Newt

Thanks! 

On the topic of whiskey: My aunt and uncle from Nashville are big travellers.  They tell me that everywhere they've gone in the world, when they tell people they're from Tennessee, the universal reaction is, "Ah, Jack Daniel's!" :D

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.