News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Carnegie Collection Velociraptor-New for 2015 (?)

Started by Concavenator, March 10, 2014, 03:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Can't believe people are discussing this when it's not even summer yet. The Tyrannosaurus only just came out a month or so ago.

Gwangi

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 11, 2014, 07:36:02 PM
Can't believe people are discussing this when it's not even summer yet. The Tyrannosaurus only just came out a month or so ago.

Agreed. As soon as this years releases were made public everyone was already wondering what we would get next year, before this years models are even all out!

John

Quote from: Gwangi on March 11, 2014, 08:50:20 PM

Agreed. As soon as this years releases were made public everyone was already wondering what we would get next year, before this years models are even all out!
Just wait until an hour or two after the 2015 Carnegie model is revealed,there wil be questions of what comes out in 2016 and 2017! :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Yutyrannus

Quote from: SBell on March 11, 2014, 01:16:07 PM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on March 11, 2014, 12:21:40 PM
Quote from: SBell on March 11, 2014, 12:41:33 AM
Quote from: CityRaptor on March 10, 2014, 11:25:38 PM
Only 1 Carnegie per year? Not good.
As for the Archaeopteryx: Could it be a Wild Safari one?

No, because it was baseless rumour about a Carnegie figure. If it were a Safari figure, that would be part of the Wild Safari line. They are different (man, saying it twice in one week--I'm having 3-years-ago flashbacks).

And I'm surprised that this much attention is being given to a Wikipedia article that was updated 8 or so hours ago. Just because everyone has assumed that a second figure has been 'delayed' (at this point in the year, it would have been unveiled even if it was going to be late) doesn't mean that a nameless edit on an open source page has any basis. If there were something else to go on--a Facebook update, a dealer who had heard in an email, a professional involved in the design, anything like that, then perhaps there'd be more reason to speculate, or even discuss. It could still be true, but I'd wait to hear more, until we see pictures of it and then start nitpicking it to pieces :P
I kid because I love...

Also, maybe the T.rex was the dinosaur they cryptically spoke about? Maybe they chickened (!) out at the last minute with the sculpt and went back to shrink-wrapped lizard? Also, other feather-able options could include Deinonychus and Albertosaurus.
No, it isn't. Someone said in the Safari 2014 thread that there were two figures, both were easy picks, and that one of them was of a small and feathered dinosaur.

So one person says something--with no particular evidence--and then someone else updates Wikipedia (possibly based on that post) and so we ascribe it some sort of factual reality now? Has Carnegie, the company that produces it, actually come out and said, in no uncertain terms, that a Velociraptor has been sculpted for 2014 or 2015? If not, then all speculation is just that, regardless of what a person says they know. Unless that person saying it has a an actual, demonstrable way of proving some sort of relationship with the people who would know.

If not, then it's just the Internet being the Internet--statement becomes rumour becomes fact. It might even be true, but we have no way of knowing until something official comes forward.
I never said I agree that it is Velociraptor, that is just a rumor. To be honest it could also be Archaeopteryx or Deinonychus or Troodon (and to me it doesn't matter which of these it is, we really need good figures of all of them). And also I wasn't basing it on Wikipedia (I know better than that), I was basing it on a statement by someone who had seen the models.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

SBell

Quote from: John on March 11, 2014, 09:00:55 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on March 11, 2014, 08:50:20 PM

Just wait until an hour or two after the 2015 Carnegie model is revealed,there wil be questions of what comes out in 2016 and 2017! :)

I thought that thread was already started somewhere  ;) Or at least the wish list thread.

CityRaptor

I think it is all part of the human nature. And yes, I also don't base it on Wikipedia, but what has been said in the past.  And this points to an updated Velociraptor so far.

I also know that Carnegie and WS are not the same. But there could have been a mix up.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

SBell

Quote from: CityRaptor on March 11, 2014, 11:42:53 PM
I think it is all part of the human nature. And yes, I also don't base it on Wikipedia, but what has been said in the past.  And this points to an updated Velociraptor so far.

I also know that Carnegie and WS are not the same. But there could have been a mix up.

And yet this is the justification for the thread:

Quote from: Concavenator on March 10, 2014, 03:19:04 PM
So,since there's has been a delayed Carnegie figure for 2014,and given thebig quantity of rumours (demoncarnotaur said the figure is not a secret anymore),and more sources,I think Carnegie's coming up with an updated,obviously feathered Velociraptor for next year.What do u think?Also,I've just found this on Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnegie_collection#Models
Any thoughts?

Which would point to the Wikipedia post inspiring this thread--despite the only other supporting evidence being an unsubstantiated remark here on the forum. So overall, I am employing a bit of skepticism here to point out that there is very little to allow us to suppose that a Velociraptor is in the works or when it will be released. Two rumors do not make facts.

A further note--who is deomoncarnotaur? I can't find a member by that name, and I can't see the original post for myself.

John

Quote from: SBell on March 12, 2014, 02:15:59 AM

So,since there's has been a delayed Carnegie figure for 2014,and given thebig quantity of rumours (demoncarnotaur said the figure is not a secret anymore),and more sources,I think Carnegie's coming up with an updated,obviously feathered Velociraptor for next year.What do u think?Also,I've just found this on Wikipedia:
Any thoughts?

Which would point to the Wikipedia post inspiring this thread--despite the only other supporting evidence being an unsubstantiated remark here on the forum. So overall, I am employing a bit of skepticism here to point out that there is very little to allow us to suppose that a Velociraptor is in the works or when it will be released. Two rumors do not make facts.

A further note--who is deomoncarnotaur? I can't find a member by that name, and I can't see the original post for myself.
I do remember that name,but I can't find him either.He doesn't seem to be a member here anymore.Anyways,here's something else to think about.Even if we knew that a certain species were planned like say Styracosaurus albertensis (I'm just using this name as an example,it's no more solid than next year's being Barney the Dinosaur!) How do we know it won't be dropped for whatever reason and not get released at all?
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

SBell

Quote from: John on March 12, 2014, 03:26:42 AM
Quote from: SBell on March 12, 2014, 02:15:59 AM

Any thoughts?

I do remember that name,but I can't find him either.He doesn't seem to be a member here anymore.Anyways,here's something else to think about.Even if we knew that a certain species were planned like say Styracosaurus albertensis (I'm just using this name as an example,it's no more solid than next year's being Barney the Dinosaur!) How do we know it won't be dropped for whatever reason and not get released at all?

Precisely. I'm just trying to say that, until we get something official, it's still just essentially speculation.

amargasaurus cazaui

doing just a little backlogging and reading through things and found something useful perhaps. If you go back to the beginnings of the Safari LTD 2014 thread, there is a person named Chrislikesdinos, that was posting in a manner suggestive that they had inside information regarding the upcoming releases. I am wondering if perhaps Democatur did a fast name change or........but the comments that everyone seems to credit to him appear to be posted by a name that now reads as Chrislikesdinos. Check the thread yourself and form your own conclusions. The one thing that bears notice is NONE of the comments made, show any actual foreknowledge or true insight that I can determine at least.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Yutyrannus

Actually...

Quote from: ChrisLikesDinos on October 03, 2013, 01:12:15 AM
About damn time they showed off the Rex. That said, I'm not super fond of its final look. Ah well. =/

Hopefully they will show off the other, smaller and more feathered Carnegie piece soon.

Quote from: ChrisLikesDinos on September 10, 2013, 11:12:06 PM
I think people will be happy with the two new Carnegie pieces, despite the fact that they are such safe picks.

Quote from: ChrisLikesDinos on September 12, 2013, 07:34:36 AM
But what if I consider Trikes 2 1/2 horns? ;)

But seriously, I wish they would reveal these already. Its killing me, I just want to talk about em.

amargasaurus cazaui

Precisely what I meant, and TY Yutyrannus. I was just too lazy to post them all .
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

SBell

Quote from: Yutyrannus on March 12, 2014, 11:44:28 AM
Actually...

Quote from: ChrisLikesDinos on October 03, 2013, 01:12:15 AM
About damn time they showed off the Rex. That said, I'm not super fond of its final look. Ah well. =/

Hopefully they will show off the other, smaller and more feathered Carnegie piece soon.

Quote from: ChrisLikesDinos on September 10, 2013, 11:12:06 PM
I think people will be happy with the two new Carnegie pieces, despite the fact that they are such safe picks.

Quote from: ChrisLikesDinos on September 12, 2013, 07:34:36 AM
But what if I consider Trikes 2 1/2 horns? ;)

But seriously, I wish they would reveal these already. Its killing me, I just want to talk about em.

It does sound like he knows something. Way back in October. But there is still no real evidence of anything in particular. I think at this point it would be safe for him to just say what he thinks was coming--it clearly didn't happen, so it wouldn't matter much.

Dan

If he was guessing, he was remarkably accurate.

amargasaurus cazaui

None of his comments that I see suggest any foreknowledge unless Carnegie proceeds and releases another figure and it is feathered yet this year. Was this the implication of your comment Dan? If so then yes, he did know something but as the comments stand today they are not themselves indicative of anything except to hint and suggest he might know something.

alexeratops

Quote from: Dan on March 13, 2014, 09:06:26 PM
Why the torture?? :'( Ha ha kidding, but we might want to think, what if they're pulling another 'bizarre' on us? This could as easily be a Velociraptor as it could be a Austroraptor.  :D
like a bantha!

Yutyrannus

Quote from: alexeratops on March 13, 2014, 11:29:35 PM
Why the torture?? :'( Ha ha kidding, but we might want to think, what if they're pulling another 'bizarre' on us? This could as easily be a Velociraptor as it could be a Austroraptor.  :D
Or a Deinonychus, or an Archaeopteryx, or a Troodon.... ;).

Concavenator

Hate to break it for you,but supposedly the Carnegie "mistery"figure is an update from previous sculpts.Apart from Velociraptor,I'd say Deinonychus is the next most likely one.

Everything_Dinosaur

Sadly, don't believe everything you read about Carnegie on Wikipedia, over the last two years a number of updates have been put up about new products, for example over the last two years a Kosmoceratops was supposed to be being made and we knew that simply was not the case.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Concavenator on March 14, 2014, 06:49:32 AM
Hate to break it for you,but supposedly the Carnegie "mistery"figure is an update from previous sculpts.Apart from Velociraptor,I'd say Deinonychus is the next most likely one.
Who said that?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: