News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Walking with Dinosaurs (Balaur's Edition)

Started by Balaur, March 16, 2014, 05:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balaur

My hardest picture yet; Hyaenodon gigas.

Yutyrannus

Awesome! Definitely, one of the best Hyaenodon pictures I've seen :).

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Balaur

Thank you! I've always seen Hyaenodon something like this, not the naked dog seen in the series.

Ultimatedinoking

I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

Yutyrannus

Because it wasn't in the original and is too popular ;).

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: Yutyrannus on August 14, 2014, 04:40:52 PM
Because it wasn't in the original and is too popular ;).

Neither was anzu, and what do you mean too popular?!?
I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

Yutyrannus

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: Yutyrannus on August 14, 2014, 04:50:36 PM
Meaning it is not obscure enough.

It did appear, but was half eaten.

Have you ever heard anyone say, hey, want to come over and see wwd, it's has (Chinese dinosaur) in it!

No.

Hey wanna come over and watch wwd, it has triceratops in it!
-UDK

Yutyrannus

For one Triceratops is nowhere near as cool as say Microraptor. Besides, it's not my call, it's Balaur's series.

stargatedalek

just because you want a triceratops doesn't mean everyone does
in fact, I often get apprehensive whenever I hear one of the "cliche" dinosaurs is going to have a major appearance in something

great work on this you guys, keep it up ;)

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: stargatedalek on August 14, 2014, 05:58:46 PM
in fact, I often get apprehensive whenever I hear one of the "cliche" dinosaurs is going to have a major appearance in something

It's a classic! You can't have a Dino doc without T. rex, triceratops, stegosaurus, apatosaurus, brachiosaurus, iguanodon, megalosaurus, allosaurus, and ankylosaurus! It's not right!
-UDK

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: Yutyrannus on August 14, 2014, 05:47:09 PM
For one Triceratops is nowhere near as cool as say Microraptor. Besides, it's not my call, it's Balaur's series.
[/quot

Triceratops is far cooler!
-UDK

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on August 14, 2014, 06:07:39 PM

It's a classic! You can't have a Dino doc without T. rex, triceratops, stegosaurus, apatosaurus, brachiosaurus, iguanodon, megalosaurus, allosaurus, and ankylosaurus! It's not right!
That's exactly why it is not in any of our series. Also, Megalosaurus? Have you ever seen a dinosaur documentary with Megalosaurus in it?

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on August 14, 2014, 06:08:36 PM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on August 14, 2014, 05:47:09 PM

Triceratops is far cooler!
Not even close, anyway this conversation is over. It's completely pointless.

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: Yutyrannus on August 14, 2014, 06:35:19 PM

That's exactly why it is not in any of our series. Also, Megalosaurus? Have you ever seen a dinosaur documentary with Megalosaurus in it?

Ok, bad example. Maybe I should start my own forum about a Dino doc?...
-UDK

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on August 14, 2014, 06:37:17 PM

Uh, you do realize that Balaur and I actually intend to make these series' don't you? This isn't just a "this would be cool" type of thing.

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: Yutyrannus on August 14, 2014, 06:43:18 PM
Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on August 14, 2014, 06:37:17 PM

Uh, you do realize that Balaur and I actually intend to make these series' don't you? This isn't just a "this would be cool" type of thing.

I know.
-UDK

stargatedalek

it has been done, most were low budget and they were documentaries and not docudramas (like WWD is a docudrama)
but it still felt like a breath of fresh air, honestly I'm sick of tyrannosaurus and triceratops, anything not having them feels like a good thing

Yutyrannus

Quote from: stargatedalek on August 14, 2014, 07:03:21 PM
it has been done, most were low budget and they were documentaries and not docudramas (like WWD is a docudrama)
but it still felt like a breath of fresh air, honestly I'm sick of tyrannosaurus and triceratops, anything not having them feels like a good thing
Thank you, we both still have Tyrannosaurus but don't have that much focus on it.

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: stargatedalek on August 14, 2014, 07:03:21 PM

Well, their going to be in mine, so I hope you like stegosaurus as well, because he's coming too!  ;D
-UDK

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: