News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Walking with Dinosaurs (Balaur's Edition)

Started by Balaur, March 16, 2014, 05:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yutyrannus

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Balaur

Yutyrannus

Guidraco? Kryptodrakon?

Balaur

Nope. Keep guessing. It's something i haven't heard of until yesterday.

Yutyrannus

Balaur

Yutyrannus

You'd think that would make it easier for me to guess but it doesn't :)).

EDIT: Dracovenator?

Balaur

That's exactly what I did! ;)

Colouring it now. Should be up tonight.

Edit: Nope, not Dracovenator.

Yutyrannus

Haha! I got it! Dracovenator is indeed awesome, what episode will it be in?

EDIT: Wait, what?!

Balaur

Yutyrannus

And I don't know any others with dragon in the name. At least say which series it's in :))!

Balaur

Its in Walking with Dinosaurs, and it does not have dragon in its name... Don't worry, you'll find out soon anyways.  ;D

Yutyrannus

What?! It doesn't have dragon in the name?! You just said....agghhhh this is getting annoying! :))

Balaur

Okay, here it is:

This is Harpactognathus, a rhamphorhynchid from the Morrison Formation. It looks like a dragon, hence the incredibly cryptic hint. It is also possible that this pterosaur was an aerial predator PREYING ON OTHER PTEROSAURS. I had to put it in, so it will appear in Big Al. It was discovered in 2003.

Yutyrannus

Oh, yeah I've heard of that one, I always thought there must've been predatory pterosaurs. Anyway, this may be one of your best pictures!

Balaur

Balaur

tyrantqueen

Okay, I know I am going to sound incredibly mean by saying this, but what the heck. Why don't you or Yutyrannus ever give credit to the original artists that made the skeletals that your work is heavily referenced/traced from? Here's an example:

Both of you are guilty of doing it:

It doesn't take long to reference another person- just mention their name and maybe link back to their original work. Especially since you're creating wikis and what not for this series. It comes across as disingenuous to me.

I understand that the original artists created these skeletals with the idea in mind that people would use them for reference. I don't agree with tracing, but if you're going to do it, at least give credit where credit is due. I thought someone who was supposed to be "super pendantic [sic]" would do that.

Sorry, I'm going to come across as nasty, but sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.

Balaur

Your right, I'm sorry. If I do base something off of somebody elses work, then I'll give credit.

Yutyrannus

Yeah, same here. I'll start doing that more often.

EDIT: Oh and actually, I have given credit to creators of references that I use before. See here for one example: http://yutyrannus.deviantart.com/art/Utahraptor-448082288

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: