News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Honestly, Allosaurs are my favorite...

Started by Katieraptor, March 28, 2014, 03:51:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katieraptor

But Katie + Allosaur is an unholy mashup of names, so, raptor it is!

Anyway! Hi there! I used to be huge into dinosaurs, and still am, but haven't really gotten a lot of them in many years. I'm missing a lot of the ones I used to have, but I still have some nice models (mostly carnegie or safari.)

Mostly came to this forum in search of more Carcharodontosaurs/Allosaurs to find, or really any big theropod, barring those two groups.
What I love about Allosaurus is that it lived an extremely violent life that was rife with broken bones, cuts, scrapes, infections, sprains, and yet it just kept on truckin.

My Art

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Katieraptor on March 28, 2014, 03:51:54 AM

Anyway! Hi there! I used to be huge into dinosaurs, and still am, but haven't really gotten a lot of them in many years. I'm missing a lot of the ones I used to have, but I still have some nice models (mostly carnegie or safari.)

Mostly came to this forum in search of more Carcharodontosaurs/Allosaurs to find, or really any big theropod, barring those two groups.

How about AlloKatie ?  ^-^

You'll notice by my avatar your not alone in your allosaur fandom. :)

I think you'll find plenty of new allosaurs to collect, even in this year's releases.

Katieraptor

Yes, I looked at your link! Did you sculpt that glorious beast?  ;D
What I love about Allosaurus is that it lived an extremely violent life that was rife with broken bones, cuts, scrapes, infections, sprains, and yet it just kept on truckin.

My Art

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Katieraptor on March 28, 2014, 04:49:18 AM
Yes, I looked at your link! Did you sculpt that glorious beast?  ;D

As a matter of fact I did ! Big Al is our mascot here at the Dino Park and you'll find allosaurus references everywhere..like our signs :

Gwangi

Welcome to the site Katie. Allosaurus is one of my favorites too. Where predators are concerned, Allosaurus has near perfect anatomy and physiology. Such a well "designed" animal. Good luck in your search and hope you stick around beyond finding what you're looking for.

amargasaurus cazaui

While allosaurus has never been my most favorite dinosaur, I have always liked the dinosaur. I feel it is vastly overlooked in favor of Tyrannosaurus, which was a latecomer to the party comparitively speaking. You can purchase allosaur bones and teeth for a fraction the cost of Tyrannasaurus material despite the age difference. Indeed one of my favorite fossils that I own is a portion of an Allosaurus saccral, with the centrums polished. A similar piece from a tyrannosaurus would likely cost more than a new BMW.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Yutyrannus

Welcome to the forum! And though Allosaurus is not my favorite it is one of them, it somehow reminds me of a lion or other big cat.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on March 28, 2014, 01:22:52 PM
While allosaurus has never been my most favorite dinosaur, I have always liked the dinosaur. I feel it is vastly overlooked in favor of Tyrannosaurus, which was a latecomer to the party comparitively speaking. You can purchase allosaur bones and teeth for a fraction the cost of Tyrannasaurus material despite the age difference. Indeed one of my favorite fossils that I own is a portion of an Allosaurus saccral, with the centrums polished. A similar piece from a tyrannosaurus would likely cost more than a new BMW.

It's interesting my top favorite dinosaurs all tend to be underdogs..Allosaurus is always beat out by Rex, Suchomimus by Spinosaurus, ect.. lol

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 28, 2014, 03:19:22 PM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on March 28, 2014, 01:22:52 PM

It's interesting my top favorite dinosaurs all tend to be underdogs..Allosaurus is always beat out by Rex, Suchomimus by Spinosaurus, ect.. lol

I can relate to that. Tyrannosaurus is still a favorite of mine though. Aside from just being an awesome animal it has a presence in our culture that you cannot ignore. We all grew up with Tyrannosaurus, part of the reason I like it so much is just the nostalgia value.

DinoToyForum

tyrantqueen

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you're not alone in favouring Allosaurus, we have plenty of Allosaur fans here 8)

Libraraptor

Welcome Katie! Please allow me to introduce to you one of my favourite Allosaurus, even if the pose is outdated. It´s the small Schleich one:

I also love the Papo Allosaurus and the Kaiyodos!

Katieraptor

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 28, 2014, 11:24:46 PM
Welcome Katie! Please allow me to introduce to you one of my favourite Allosaurus, even if the pose is outdated. It´s the small Schleich one:

I also love the Papo Allosaurus and the Kaiyodos!

Saw that on my post about Allosaurs! It was the first Schliech piece that I really thought was decent. Wherever did you get it unpainted?

My Art

stoneage

Quote from: Katieraptor on March 28, 2014, 03:51:54 AM

You should check out the new Collecta Carcharodontosaurus!

http://www.handhwc.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=c88642&Category_Code=2000-CollectA

Zhuchengotyrant

-Zhuchengotyrant

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.