News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

A request of sorts

Started by Paleogene Pals, March 31, 2014, 02:59:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paleogene Pals

Every June, I do an outreach program for my work in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. The event is called "It's All About Science" and introduces children to the various aspects of science. My exhibition will be about the prehistoric animals of South Dakota.  One thing I want to do is show the size of some of the marine creatures of the Western Interior Seaway in comparison to a Great White Shark.  I bought the Pegasus Hobbies shark kit and think I have time to at least build it. However, I don't know if I will have time to give it a good paint job.  I am asking if there are any artists here in the US that I could send my shark to be painted or perhaps built and painted.  I send my kits to Martin Garrett in the UK, but this is sort of a rush order that I will need by early June. 

I will hopefully have my Kaiyodo Elasmosaurus finished in time, and maybe my Bob Morales Tylosaurus. It would be nice to have all three finished so that I can show kids how "puny" a Great White is compared to the monsters of the Western Interior Seaway.  ^-^

Sort of a strange request. Unfortunately, I am just too busy to dedicate any serious time to building and painting my kits right now.  :'(

Thanks

Paleogene Pals

As a clarification, I'm looking to hire an artist in the US for this task.

Dan

I don't know if you have actually tried Martin in the past, but as anyone here can tell you, he is highly recommended and works unbelievably quickly. I believe that even after shipping, you will get it in less time than most US artists would take. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you want contact info for him.

amargasaurus cazaui

The few times ive needed a rush order Martin has turned the item around on a dime and right back...quick , professional and highly reasonable rates.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Paleogene Pals

I have an Acrocanthrosaurus, Iguanodon, and a Kaprosuchus being built by Martin now. I will contact him and ask if he can fulfill a couple of more orders for me (the shark and the Tylosaurus.)  I like his work very much and will have him built as many kits as I can afford to send to the UK.  I can only imagine what he would do with that Tylosaurus.

Thanks everyone!

SpittersForEver

I dont have any but there cool

Paleogene Pals

It is too late for this year, but I finally have the GW Shark and Archelon ready to be sent to Martin. I plan on adding a tail fluke to my Tylosaurus this summer. These are artistic pieces, better to have them done well than done fast.  They will definitely be ready to wow and amaze next year!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.