You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Gwangi's Collection (Group Shots pg. 7)

Started by Gwangi, March 13, 2012, 02:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

docronnie

Looking at your awesome collection displayed openly, I was just wondering how many times you dust or clean them.

TIA!  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Gwangi

Quote from: docronnie on August 19, 2013, 12:44:46 AM
Looking at your awesome collection displayed openly, I was just wondering how many times you dust or clean them.

TIA!  :)

Thanks for the compliment and to answer the question...never. I dusted them when I moved to my new house but aside from that I haven't at all. They seem to remain fairly dust free which is strange because I have cats and a dog. I suppose the day will come when I do need to dust them. The electronics on the other hand...

docronnie

Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Zhuchengotyrant

I can sell/trade you a schelich dilophosaurus. :) pm me.

PS it is in mint condition
-Zhuchengotyrant

Gwangi

Quote from: Zhuchengotyrant on August 24, 2013, 03:22:58 AM
I can sell/trade you a schelich dilophosaurus. :) pm me.

PS it is in mint condition

I'm afraid I have no interest in a Schelich Dilophosaurus. You can make a trade/sell thread though and advertise it there. Someone else might want one.  :)

Zhuchengotyrant

Will you trade the DOC Yangchuanosaurus for a prototype and an end product of your chose from my company? If you will pm me, and tell me the ones you want from each( proto and end) if I haven't designed it yet ill make a design. Please! I am desperate for that Yangchuanosaurus! Please!!!!! :'(
-Zhuchengotyrant

Gwangi

Quote from: Zhuchengotyrant on September 05, 2013, 02:48:16 PM
Will you trade the DOC Yangchuanosaurus for a prototype and an end product of your chose from my company? If you will pm me, and tell me the ones you want from each( proto and end) if I haven't designed it yet ill make a design. Please! I am desperate for that Yangchuanosaurus! Please!!!!! :'(

When you have your model made, then we'll talk. Until then I have no interest in discussing a trade with my Yangchuanosaurus. Watch eBay, you'll find one there eventually.

Zhuchengotyrant

Very well, I guess I'm getting ahead of myself! :))
-Zhuchengotyrant

Gwangi

Collection update. A few new figures but I'm mostly updating because of my new shelf. I didn't like my dinosaurs scattered around the house and was keeping an eye out for shelf to display them together on. My wife found this one and another at a yard sale and they're exactly what I was looking for.

I'm annoyed that the Tyrannosaurus skeleton has to be displayed with the sauropods but it would only fit on the top shelf...same with those Brachiosaurus so they had to be together.  :-\

Zhuchengotyrant

-Zhuchengotyrant

amargasaurus cazaui

Very nice display Gwangi. That is the piece I am always struggling with...display them as groups ie. Hadrosaurs, stegosaurus, anklyosaurs, sauropods, marine life, etc. Then I find myself isolating certain brands like Kaiyodo, Tsukuda, and boxed Battat, etc. I like how you have yours organized.....wish mine would make more sense to me.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Gwangi

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 12, 2013, 09:29:11 PM
Very nice display Gwangi. That is the piece I am always struggling with...display them as groups ie. Hadrosaurs, stegosaurus, anklyosaurs, sauropods, marine life, etc. Then I find myself isolating certain brands like Kaiyodo, Tsukuda, and boxed Battat, etc. I like how you have yours organized.....wish mine would make more sense to me.

Thank you and yes, I agree. It is difficult to figure out how I want them. I would love to try grouping them by brand, when they lived, scale or any of a number of other methods but ultimately displaying them by relatedness is the easiest option and the best use of the space I have.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Gwangi on September 12, 2013, 09:37:05 PM

Thank you and yes, I agree. It is difficult to figure out how I want them. I would love to try grouping them by brand, when they lived, scale or any of a number of other methods but ultimately displaying them by relatedness is the easiest option and the best use of the space I have.

I keep looking for the shelf with godzilla and the other "almost " dinosaurs in there.I wound up having one of those for dragons, creature of the black lagoon, etc . Another complication I ran into is all the based dinosaurs I have had done...while gorgeous to display they tend to suck up the space fast. Your collection seems to fold right into that shelf perfectly
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Gwangi

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 12, 2013, 09:51:18 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on September 12, 2013, 09:37:05 PM

I keep looking for the shelf with godzilla and the other "almost " dinosaurs in there.I wound up having one of those for dragons, creature of the black lagoon, etc . Another complication I ran into is all the based dinosaurs I have had done...while gorgeous to display they tend to suck up the space fast. Your collection seems to fold right into that shelf perfectly

My Godzilla models are with my movies and movie collectables along with a huge alien queen with prey that I absolutely love! Yeah, I could not be happier with that shelf, I'm glad my wife picked it up, she knew exactly what I was looking for. I have another a lot like it that sits empty...room to grow I guess!  >:D

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Gwangi

Crackington

Great display and well done to Mrs Gwangi for finding you the shelves!

Gwangi

Quote from: Crackington on September 13, 2013, 08:11:22 PM
Great display and well done to Mrs Gwangi for finding you the shelves!

Indeed. When she first told me she found shelves for my dinosaurs I got a little nervous but she pulled through alright.

Hellraptor

Its a very nice Collection, the collectA Jobaria is a dino that i have been thinking to add to my Collection, do you recomend it ?
Taking dinosaurs of this islandis the worst idea in the long, sad story of bad ideas

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Hellraptor on September 24, 2013, 05:25:03 PM
Its a very nice Collection, the collectA Jobaria is a dino that i have been thinking to add to my Collection, do you recomend it ?
I know the question isn't aimed at me...but I have to say Jobaria is probably my fave CollectA model, ever. Maybe because I'm partial to the awesomeness that is a rearing sauropod, I dunno ;)

It's not the most accurate (the chest area should have been bulked out a lot more) but I still love it.

Also, Gwangi, looking at this photo:

it sort of looks like the Jobby is trying to mate with the Carnegie Camara  >:D :o

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: