You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Gwangi's Collection (Group Shots pg. 7)

Started by Gwangi, March 13, 2012, 02:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

:)) lol, that's too much. Good eye there TQ, I didn't notice that myself and I look at them everyday!  The angle doesn't help, it even looks like the Jobaria has its arm resting on the Camarasaurus' back.

As for recommending the Jobaria, I certainly do! Recommend it that is. I'm not a big CollectA fan but that model is one of my favorites from the company and for sauropod toys in general. Like TQ said, the chest is not bulked up enough but aside from that it is a mostly accurate and well made figure of an obscure species.

Takama

Georassic

Compliments on both your collection and photography, Gwangi.  :D

Gwangi

Gwangi

Just got through the long process of buying a house and moving in. What an ordeal that was! Took up most of my summer when it was supposed to be over back in May. All well, we're here now and the dinosaurs are finally unpacked and on the shelves. I've really missed them. I formally had them displayed by taxonomy but it's really not an easy way to display them. You end up forced to keep sauropods on the top shelf, the theropod shelves end up overflowing, the ceratopsian shelf is full of figures that are all basically the same size and the thyreophora end up being mostly empty. So I thought I would change things up and arrange by either scale or company line. I went with the former, for now. I may change it yet again. Let me know what you think!

Carnegie Collection, mostly older models.

Favorite, Battat and more Carnegie...and a Kabaya Seismosaurus.

Bullyland, Kaiyodo, Papo...and the Resaurus Giganotosaurus.

Wild Safari and other Safari figures.

CollectA, Schleich and Invicta. Forgive the Scheich Velociraptor, it was a gift from a close friend.

Tyco and "Jurassic Park" along with a few other odd balls.

And a few close ups, just for fun.

docronnie

I believe your arrangement went well. I'm just wondering, as to how you clean them and how regularly do you do it, because it's really dusty from where I live. TIA! 😊
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

CityRaptor

Gwangi already answered that question on the last page: He never cleans them.

Pretty nice collection, Gwangi!
However the firsr close up is the same as the Tyco & JP Pic.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Gwangi

Quote from: CityRaptor on August 22, 2014, 01:53:55 PM
Gwangi already answered that question on the last page: He never cleans them.

Pretty nice collection, Gwangi!
However the firsr close up is the same as the Tyco & JP Pic.

I did make sure to clean the dust off as I unpacked them after this last move. And whenever I see one that is particularly dusty I will wipe it down but it's true, I don't normally clean them. I just don't have time. Too many living animals to take care of!

Thanks for pointing out the picture duplicate. I'll fix that.

Doug Watson

Just checked out your collection and your books. Great collection. We do have several of the same editions. The Axelrod guide to fishes had caught my eye in your other thread. I have two of his books on aquarium fishes, his giant format guide and a smaller one. Also good to see someone else with a collection of the Dakin JP plastic dinos. I even spotted some of my Safari pieces in there. :D

I meant to ask you about that pig skull in your other thread. I see it got some play here. I recognized it as a pig I was just trying to figure out if it was a Eurasian Wild Boar, feral hog or domestic. Comparing the domestic skulls to true wild boar skulls my guess would be either domestic or feral hog. Where did you find it and the jaw. That is a skull I would love to find but luckily we haven't got a feral hog problem up here yet.

Gwangi

Quote from: Doug Watson on February 19, 2015, 03:19:44 AM
Just checked out your collection and your books. Great collection. We do have several of the same editions. The Axelrod guide to fishes had caught my eye in your other thread. I have two of his books on aquarium fishes, his giant format guide and a smaller one. Also good to see someone else with a collection of the Dakin JP plastic dinos. I even spotted some of my Safari pieces in there. :D

I meant to ask you about that pig skull in your other thread. I see it got some play here. I recognized it as a pig I was just trying to figure out if it was a Eurasian Wild Boar, feral hog or domestic. Comparing the domestic skulls to true wild boar skulls my guess would be either domestic or feral hog. Where did you find it and the jaw. That is a skull I would love to find but luckily we haven't got a feral hog problem up here yet.

I love the Dankin JP dinosaurs, I've actually written reviews for a few of them on the DTF and intend to write some more. The only one I still need is the Velociraptor. And of course I have your Safari pieces (or some at least), no collection would be complete without them. I actually just got three of the 2015 figures recently, reviews are pending but they'll be positive for sure!

The pig skull is from a domestic pig, or from a couple pigs I should say. The lower jaw does not belong to the same animal. I worked on a farm for many years that raised pigs and cattle so that's where those came from. That's also where I found a lot of my other skulls and things too.

Doug Watson

Quote from: Gwangi on February 19, 2015, 11:33:49 AM
I love the Dankin JP dinosaurs, I've actually written reviews for a few of them on the DTF and intend to write some more. The only one I still need is the Velociraptor. And of course I have your Safari pieces (or some at least), no collection would be complete without them. I actually just got three of the 2015 figures recently, reviews are pending but they'll be positive for sure!

With your dinosaur collection, natural history collection and live snakes and other pets a visit to your house must be like a trip to a mini zoological park.

I actually have two extra Dakin Velociraptors and doubles of three of the others so if you have any doubles you would like to swap maybe we can work a deal, PM me if you have anything you would like to swap or I could tell you what I am looking for.

Gwangi

Quote from: Doug Watson on February 19, 2015, 02:12:29 PM
With your dinosaur collection, natural history collection and live snakes and other pets a visit to your house must be like a trip to a mini zoological park.

That's the idea!  ;)

QuoteI actually have two extra Dakin Velociraptors and doubles of three of the others so if you have any doubles you would like to swap maybe we can work a deal, PM me if you have anything you would like to swap or I could tell you what I am looking for.

I have a trade thread in my signature you can check out but not much else to offer. You can shoot me a PM if you like with what you're looking for.

I really need to update this thread. I have quite a few new models not displayed here.

Dinomike

Sweet! That Resaurus Giganotosaurus is a very impressive model.
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Gwangi

OMG! I haven't updated this thread since August 21st...last year! I've gotten a lot of new stuff since then and rearranged my shelves so I guess I'll have to post new pictures of my display soon. In the mean time, here's everything I THINK I've acquired this year so far.

joossa

Excellent collection and new additions. Glad to see you got that awesome old Schleich Allosaurus too! :)

I have my eyes set on the Schleich mini Carnotaurus.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Gwangi

Quote from: joossa on August 21, 2015, 05:33:51 AM
Excellent collection and new additions. Glad to see you got that awesome old Schleich Allosaurus too! :)

I have my eyes set on the Schleich mini Carnotaurus.

Thanks! I have better pictures of that Carnotaurus in the Schleich 2015 thread. It's a great little model. I'm not sure how I ended up with four Schleich models this year though, I'm kind of disturbed by that.

Roselaar

Great new stuff. Love the Park Ranger jeep.

Gwangi

It's a nasty day outside so I decided it was a good day to start dusting off the dinosaur shelf. Today, I dusted the non-coelurosaur theropod shelf. In doing so I figured I would take a note from Libraraptor and do a few group shots for the more abundant genera on my shelf.

The pictures didn't turn out great because even though I had the blinds open it's almost as dark outside today as it is inside. By the time I uploaded them I had already placed the dinosaurs back on the shelf so these will have to do.

Carnotaurus. Between the Battat, Carnegie, and Papo there is probably no need to ever buy a Carnotaurus again...but I probably will. I can't help but love the little Schliech model for the high level of detail and personality. As for the Disney "Dinosaur" toys, that Carnotaurus design was the only good thing to come from that movie, as inaccurate as it is.

Acrocanthosaurus. The last few years have been great to this once neglected genus. Last year alone saw the release of the CollectA deluxe and Battat re-paint as well as the REBOR which I do not own. Not pictured, the Carnegie Acrocanthosaurus. I own it (two in fact) but they're packed away, looks nothing like an actual Acrocanthosaurus. For shame Carnegie, for shame.

Dilophosaurus. One of the few original Battat dinosaurs I own, including the mini! Still need that Papo and Carnegie twins.

Allosaurus. The Wild Safari Allosaurus was one of the first dinosaur models I ever got and the Papo was one of the first from that company. I've been collecting for 6 years (give or take) and the Papo is still one of my favorite dinosaur models in my collection. I wish Carnegie would have made a new one because while I like their original version I have no love for their more recent model. The Schliech is ugly as hell but in a good way and certainly unique. The Favorite is my most recent addition but I still need the original Favorite. I'm also on the hunt for the larger Bullyland, Kenner Allosaurus, and the recent one by Hasbro (the Jurassic Park one, not Jurassic World)

Libraraptor

AcroSauroTaurus

The Carno group and Acro groups look good! Since they are two of my favorite dinosaurs I try to collect any Acrocanthosaurus and Carnotaurus I happen to come across... :))
I am the Dinosaur King!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: