You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Gwangi's Collection (Group Shots pg. 7)

Started by Gwangi, March 13, 2012, 02:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Rainy day stuck at home, thought I would photograph some dinosaurs. I apologize for any apparent dust, I didn't see the dust until I uploaded.

Bullyland Micro Tiere Apatosaurus. Found this guy in a large lot I got on eBay and he became an instant favorite. Gotta love surprises like that.

Safari Brachiosaurus, from the same lot as the above Apatosaurus. Too cute not to keep.

Invicta Triceratops, few figures can match detail like that!

One of the few Chinasaurus in my collection, I couldn't resist this guy but know nothing about it.

Dakin Triceratops. This guy is identical to the baby Triceratops in the JP concept art by Mark "Crash" McCreery.

Best Carnotaurus ever? Probably not, but he too has a place in my collection.

The Safari Stegosaurus and Carnegie Miragaia. They look made for each other.

Favorite...ummm...Ankylocephalus? Look at those hips!

My attempt to make Kaiyodo figures look larger. Did it work?

brontodocus

Nice new additions and photos, Gwangi! :) Yes, the detail on the Invicta Triceratops is great, especially for a figure that's been produced in 1975!
Am I the only one who thinks the Carnotaurus looks like Boss Nass? ;D

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Gwangi

Quote from: brontodocus on April 02, 2012, 12:52:36 AM
Nice new additions and photos, Gwangi! :) Yes, the detail on the Invicta Triceratops is great, especially for a figure that's been produced in 1975!
Am I the only one who thinks the Carnotaurus looks like Boss Nass? ;D

Aside from the Acro none of those are all that new but thanks anyway. You might be on to something with that Carnotaurus though I never made that connection.

postsaurischian

I love the Favorite Ankylocephalus pic  :) ..... the figure is still the best in its category.

Gwangi

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 02, 2012, 03:26:13 PM
I love the Favorite Ankylocephalus pic  :) ..... the figure is still the best in its category.

I agree. Despite it being a hybrid of sorts it has got to be the best Ankylosaur on the market where cost is concerned. I really like the Carnegie one too though. 

Gwangi

Three new acquisitions and none of them are dinosaurs, how about that.

Invicta painted Gylptodon.

Bullyland Chalicotherium

Very sinister Papo Pteranodon.

Himmapaan

Oh, a painted Invicta Glyptodon! What a treasure.  :D

Gwangi

Indeed it is and it also represents a milestone in my collection. It is the first Invicta for which I have both a painted and unpainted version.  ^-^

DinoFan45

Thanks guys for the comments.

The kayiodos in your pictures do look bigger, the Invictas look great (need to find some, now that I reminded myself), and to me, the carnotaurus looks like he wants a hug.
"Life will find a way."

Tylosaurus

Hah I like how you took this shot of your Kaiyodo Brachiosaurus ;D

It surely looks larger than life that way hehe, you did an awesome job making that shot, Gwangi
Very nice other new acquisitions too man that Colored Invicta Glyptodon is indeed a neat catch 8)

And these two are indeed a couple this way, just a cute look

DinoFan45

Now that I think of it, that pteranodon looks like something you would find on a certain plateau in south America....
"Life will find a way."

Gwangi

Tylo, trying to make that Kaiyodo look large was exactly what I was aiming for. I'm glad it worked for you at least. It is not a Brachiosaurus though, it is a Camarasaurus.

Dinofan, it certainly does. Just add bat wings and it could be in a Ray Harryhausen movie too.

DinoFan45

That it could, that it could. I actually haven't seen that one yet. It's on the watch list.
"Life will find a way."

Gwangi

It has been a long time since I posted an update on my collection. It has certainly grown a bit but not at the same pace it did last year. Needless to say they've started moving off the white bookshelf and have taken over other parts of the house, the good news though is that most of the shelves have room to spare so for now anyway things are going alright in terms of space.

Here is the entire setup as it looks in my bedroom.

Sauropods

Coelurosauria

Theropods

More theropods...with quite a bit of extra room.

Marginocephalia

Thyreophora

Ornithopods

Non-dinosaurs

amargasaurus cazaui

I had hoped I might ask what the striped sauropod with browns and tans is? He is placed in your picture seemingly directly in front of the camarasarus and apatosaurus from Carnegie. He appears to be a brontosaur/apatosaur type animal.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Gwangi

He is the Bullyland Apatosaurus. Beautiful isn't he? One of my favorite sauropod figures.  ^-^

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Gwangi on July 11, 2012, 12:12:58 AM
He is the Bullyland Apatosaurus. Beautiful isn't he? One of my favorite sauropod figures.  ^-^
Indeed, well sculpted and painted, thanks for sharing the piece with us. A moment of envy is in order.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Gwangi

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on July 11, 2012, 12:30:53 AM
Indeed, well sculpted and painted, thanks for sharing the piece with us. A moment of envy is in order.

I have to admit, I've had a lot of envious moments looking in your thread, as well as so many other collections on the forum. I'm still pretty new at this and my dinosaur budget is really low (it has to be) but the collection moves onward.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Gwangi on July 11, 2012, 03:32:07 AM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on July 11, 2012, 12:30:53 AM

I have to admit, I've had a lot of envious moments looking in your thread, as well as so many other collections on the forum. I'm still pretty new at this and my dinosaur budget is really low (it has to be) but the collection moves onward.
I really do not consider myself having that much of a collection, and I am stunned how far behind the ball I am compared to other collectors. You definitely have the size advantage on herd strength so to speak. If I quit buying eggs, eggshells, fossil bones, teeth and entire dinosaur skeletons I might just be able to get a few replicas myself. Amazing display of dinosaurs you have, and nothing to feel any less than complete pride in.Is the one I like so well the one that was discontinued or is it still offered commericially?

ZoPteryx

Wow, wish I had that kind of display room.  I've gotta go looking for shelving at garage sales more often. ::)

Great collection Gwangi!  :)  Who makes the small Pachycephalosaurus with the red dome at the far right of the Marginocephalia photo?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: