News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mighty mighty mosasaurs

Started by DinoToyForum, April 03, 2012, 01:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stoneage

Bokisaurus

Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 08, 2012, 10:35:42 AM
Quote from: Brontozaurus on May 01, 2012, 12:52:26 AM

Since we've had posts of your plesiosaur, pliosaur, and now mosasaur collection, are we going to see a 'Icky icky icthyosaurs' post eventually?  :D

Unless someone beats me to it, yes! I've been waiting until I acquire one or two more.
Quote from: Bokisaurus on May 08, 2012, 07:22:32 AM

If it was explained before, I've forgotten! What is this?  O:-)

Ah, that one is a resin model by the Japanese artist Sculptor Shinzin. I'm almost sure its a rough since its really very un-polished ^-^ It does has his signature :)
I got him like originally looking like this:

The paint job was so bad so I decided to repaint it ^-^ it a nice model.

And how could I forgotten this mosasaur!
Kaiyodo Dinoland

In  his original box

with some fiends

Oh, and there is this little one also, not sure who made it

and I think this little grey one is supposed to be a mosasaur also ;D

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

AcroSauroTaurus

My Mosasaurs. (with some of my other lizard figures)

The mosasaurs:
JW Mini Mosasaurus (retired)
JW Mosasaurus (retired)
Carnegie Tylosaurus (retired)
Safari Ltd. Prehistoric Sealife Toob Tylosaurus
I am the Dinosaur King!

BlueKrono

What are the second and third from the bottom? Never seen those two before.

CityRaptor

Second is Bullyland Liopleurodon, the third is the Recur Mosasaurus.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

AcroSauroTaurus

Got these two today, only one is a mosasaur though.
I am the Dinosaur King!

DinoToyForum

BlueKrono

Halichoeres

How has this not been posted?

Safari Ltd Tylosaurus
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

tanystropheus

Quote from: BlueKrono on October 04, 2016, 05:52:36 AM
Tylosaur collection:

Now I feel as if I should get an amber Mosasaurus as well. They look aesthetically pleasing together, and if the the chins were more level, they would form a heart  :)

Bokisaurus

Wow, some of these threads need some serious updating! :))
PNSO Mosasaurus
[]

Halichoeres

Boki, do you have the little PNSO Ectenosaurus? I feel like that one especially belongs here because it's so rare to get mosasaurs that aren't Mosasaurus or Tylosaurus.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

postsaurischian

Favorite Mosasaurus

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you is one of my goals in terms of collectible figures. It is a pretty cool mosasaurus with pretty colors.

Syndicate Bias

very nice! I have always found marine reptiles to be some of the most underepresented next to pterosaurs in the market but it seems i am entirely wrong.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on May 08, 2019, 08:43:46 AM
very nice! I have always found marine reptiles to be some of the most underepresented next to pterosaurs in the market but it seems i am entirely wrong.

There are like 6 or 8 genera of prehistoric marine reptiles that have plenty of decent figures, but literally hundreds of others that have never been made well.

suspsy

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 09, 2019, 04:40:41 PM
Quote from: Syndicate Bias on May 08, 2019, 08:43:46 AM

There are like 6 or 8 genera of prehistoric marine reptiles that have plenty of decent figures, but literally hundreds of others that have never been made well.

Indeed. There are plenty of fantastic mosasaurs and pliosaurs, yet Tylosaurus, Mosasaurus, Kronosaurus, and Liopleurodon have enjoyed the T. rex's share, so to speak, of the toys. Personally, I'd love to see Prognathodon or Megacephalosaurus get some love.

Same goes for elasmosaurs and ichthyosaurs. And nothosaurs have nearly nothing.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: