News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Greetings reptilian lovers...

Started by Sabrefox, April 25, 2014, 03:57:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabrefox

Hello all,
I've been collecting toys fairly regularly over the past couple of years with an emphasis on blok-based toys (MEGA BLOKS to be exact) and some Transformers; until I became hooked on the Masterpiece line (*Grimlock, oh yeah*  8) ). One thing lead to another which bore the idea of creating a vintage toy shelf collection of my favorite 80's toys I had as a child...which I hope to share with my son when he gets a little older.

Anyway, in my pursuit of establishing new memories of my favorite toys; my heart got set on bringing my absolute FAVORITE toy as a child into my collection: a complete Dino-Riders T-rex!Sadly, eBay did me in ...and I've now got the Smithsonian T-Rex without any armor - which is how I found the site (in search therein).
So I hope to be a more established member as my collection expands and my son's interest in dinosaurs grows.
Hoping to find some valuable help here too!!!

If you are reading this and have a whole T-Rex figure (or just parts) to sell, please feel free to e-mail me [rulons not necessary, but welcomed].
My trading feedback can be found on eBay (Sabrefox00); as well as my established history on The Bloks Forum and a few other sites.
Thank you for your time.

[ADDENDUM: I neglected to mention I am also a pro-am photographer and founder of S6 Photography and write reviews for MEGA BLOKS toys on BAToynews.com, both of which display some of my creative art works.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Welcome !

After losing my DR T-Rex when I was little it took me a long time to find one on ebay, but it's very worth it !

Sabrefox

Indeed...
My mom still kicks herself in the butt for throwing out all my M.A.S.K. and DR toys during one [of many] moves during my childhood.
Any ideas on what a fair price for a complete one will end up costing me?

I think I found a pretty good steal so far on the Smithsonian rex...but all the other auctions I've seen so far for the armor are all over the place.
Considering all the auctions I've seen so far for armor are meager and expensive at best - my wallet's not looking forward to this "hunt".

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Sabrefox on April 25, 2014, 04:05:11 PM
Indeed...
My mom still kicks herself in the butt for throwing out all my M.A.S.K. and DR toys during one [of many] moves during my childhood.
Any ideas on what a fair price for a complete one will end up costing me?

I think I found a pretty good steal so far on the Smithsonian rex...but all the other auctions I've seen so far for the armor are all over the place.
Considering all the auctions I've seen so far for armor are meager and expensive at best - my wallet's not looking forward to this "hunt".

I haven't looked for quite awhile. It looks like an almost complete armor set just sold for 100.00 ,that's about right as a complete figure with armor is probably around 200.00 .  They do sell each individual piece, but that's a certainly expensive route to go. I'd look for lots that has Rex armor and buy those til your complete. What's extra re-sell. Or just wait til see a full one listed, Rex, armor, everything and splurge on that one.

Be prepared to shell out big bucks..when I first started putting my collection together again in early 2000's it wasn't too bad..but the pricing just seems to keep climbing.

DinoToyForum

Welcome!

Similarly, I had the DR T. rex (awesome Christmas present!), but many years later, as a teenager, my mum convinced me to let it go. I'll never know how I let it happen! I suppose she had no idea my love for dinosaur toys was a life-long passion, not a fleeting childhood fad.  :'( I know, at least, that it went to another dinosaur fan, so that is some consolation. :)

SpittersForEver

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.