News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New dioramas by Vladimir Trush, Rostov-on-Don, Russia

Started by Gennady Danshin, April 28, 2014, 07:13:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gennady Danshin

All these Dinosaurs figures, plants and ground bases are self-made things:

http://dinos.vx5.ru/photos/2011-07-14-17-49-24

brandem

Не плохо, они мне нравятся
Not bad, I like them

Libraraptor

These are beautiful works of art! Thanks for sharing!

brandem

только что заметил это одно, очень глубокомысленно сделано
just noticed this one, very thoughtfully done

Blade-of-the-Moon

Pretty cool. You don't see enough dinos in the snow.  :)

Dinomike

They are all wonderful! Do you make them as a hobby or do you work in a museum? Are all these dinosaurs made by you as well?
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Dinomike

Oh! You actually mentioned they are made by you! Oops! :) Incredible stuff!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Dinomike

Do you sell these somewhere? I think you would quickly gain lots of customers! Great talent!

SpittersForEver

Quote from: Dinomike on May 03, 2014, 09:38:42 PM
Do you sell these somewhere? I think you would quickly gain lots of customers! Great talent!

Including me!

Paleogene Pals

Fascinating dioramas, especially how they capture the depositional environment of a particular formation. However, I noticed that some of the ceratopsians seem to engage in scavenging or active hunting. I guess herbivores have been known to do this from time to time, or is there some new research I am not aware of?

tyrantqueen

QuoteHowever, I noticed that some of the ceratopsians seem to engage in scavenging or active hunting. I guess herbivores have been known to do this from time to time, or is there some new research I am not aware of?
There's no fossil evidence behind it. It's just an "All Yesterdays" type theory that a lot of people seem to have been trying out lately. From what I understand, occasionally deer have been known to eat birds.

Makes me wonder if they must have some kind of nutrient deficiency.

SpittersForEver

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 11, 2014, 03:17:41 PM
QuoteHowever, I noticed that some of the ceratopsians seem to engage in scavenging or active hunting. I guess herbivores have been known to do this from time to time, or is there some new research I am not aware of?
There's no fossil evidence behind it. It's just an "All Yesterdays" type theory that a lot of people seem to have been trying out lately. From what I understand, occasionally deer have been known to eat birds.

Makes me wonder if they must have some kind of nutrient deficiency.

I didn't even know deer ate birds.I wonder why?

Paleogene Pals

Probably nutrient deficiency as TQ said. They probably do it for the calcium in the bones. Or, maybe deer and cows only want to you to think they are docile and peaceful. In reality, they are secretly the apex predators.  >:D

SpittersForEver

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on May 11, 2014, 07:27:08 PM
Probably nutrient deficiency as TQ said. They probably do it for the calcium in the bones. Or, maybe deer and cows only want to you to think they are docile and peaceful. In reality, they are secretly the apex predators.  >:D

I think so  >:D

Paleogene Pals

Explains why deer stare at me when I ride my road bicycle. They are thinking, "Meal on wheels."

SpittersForEver

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on May 11, 2014, 09:10:53 PM
Explains why deer stare at me when I ride my road bicycle. They are thinking, "Meal on wheels."

Yep, Meals on wheels  >:D

Paleogene Pals

OK, I gotta make this comment. After that, I promise not to hijack this thread anymore.  ::)  "Ah, look at the little deer! He looks just like Bambi. I think I'm gonna pet hi..AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"  >:D

DC

You can never have too many dinosaurs

SpittersForEver

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on May 11, 2014, 10:12:33 PM
OK, I gotta make this comment. After that, I promise not to hijack this thread anymore.  ::)  "Ah, look at the little deer! He looks just like Bambi. I think I'm gonna pet hi..AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"  >:D

Hahahahha!  ;D lol

Bokisaurus

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: