You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Qianzhousaurus sinensis, long-snouted tyrannosaur

Started by paleoferroequine, May 07, 2014, 04:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paleoferroequine

Balaur

Interesting. Then, again, the media blow out was just astonishing. One aritcle even said it was "fast and deadlier than T. rex."  ???

Still, a nice find.

CityRaptor

Quote from: Balaur on May 07, 2014, 06:28:34 PM
Interesting. Then, again, the media blow out was just astonishing. One aritcle even said it was "fast and deadlier than T. rex."  ???

Isn't that also how WW3D describes Gorgosaurus?
Also saying "living side by side" with T.rex is a bit miseleading. Eve if one considers Tarbosaurus bataar a species of Tyrannosaurus, it would be T. bataar.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

tyrantqueen

Quote"The trouble was, they were both juveniles. So it was possible their long snouts were just a weird transient feature that grows out in adults," said Dr Brusatte, an expert in tyrannosaur evolution.

Does this have any consequence for the validity of "Nanotyrannus" as a real species, and not a juvenile T.rex?

laticauda

Qianzhousaurus sinensis:  Check out this skull.  A Tyrannasur with a long snout and Narrow long teeth.  According to the article I just read, it was nearing adulthood when it had died, so it is not a juvenile. 

Another picture

Megalania

interesting finding
probably Alioramus may be the juvenile if we compare this two reconstructions
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.
Charles Darwin

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.