News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Which genus of dinosaur do you own the most?

Started by tyrantqueen, May 18, 2014, 01:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Or, if you want to be specific, species :P

For me, it is Triceratops. I have three Triceratops at the present moment: a Kaiyodo Dinoland vinyl, a Dinosaur King vinyl, and the Favorite Ltd. green Triceratops. My collection has dwindled as of lately due to a circumstance in my family, but will be making a recovery in future, I'm sure.

What about you guys?

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

DinoToyForum

Libraraptor

Gwangi

Roselaar

Too many to count, but it's undoubtedly Tyrannosaurus. Triceratops is definitely a close second.

SpittersForEver

Pawnosuchus

Since my collection is displayed in one gigantic diorama, the herd of Triceratops is the largest collection of one species.

Blade-of-the-Moon

It's certainly theropods..Rex or Allo I would guess..right here near my comp I see 6 rexes and 8 allosaurs...it would take me a bit to go around and count all the others.. lol

brandem

Genus? Styracosaurus I guess, weird, never set out to have so many.

deanm

Pteranodon... Oh so many...   :)

I'm in the middle of a move so my collection is packed away - so no exact count. Would not surprise me if I had close to 70 Pteranodon.  Gotta love those toothy pteranodon chinasaurs.

I suppose you can't have enough pterosaurs...    :)

Ultimatedinoking

hum... I would have to say Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops horridus, Panthera, Gorgasaurus, and Brachiosaurus altithorax.
I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

Ultimatedinoking

I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Crackington

Its T-Rex for me, I guess every collector is going to end up with quite a few, even if all not by design. Triceratops gets second place and there is a tie for bronze between Stegosaurus and Ankylosaurus. Doing this head count has made me realise that I don't have enough Allosaurs!

There is an interesting three-way tussle for non-dinos between Dimetrodon, Pteranodon and my Mammoth herd!

Hynerpeton

Quote from: Crackington on June 04, 2014, 12:07:41 AM
Its T-Rex for me, I guess every collector is going to end up with quite a few, even if all not by design. Triceratops gets second place and there is a tie for bronze between Stegosaurus and Ankylosaurus. Doing this head count has made me realise that I don't have enough Allosaurs!

There is an interesting three-way tussle for non-dinos between Dimetrodon, Pteranodon and my Mammoth herd!

I think Dimetrodon for me. Got zillions of china versions.
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

EmperorDinobot

Nebuloid

Velociraptor apparently! And in second place Brachiosaurus ( how did that happen . ) Wish I had more of Dilophosaurus, but there arent many "good" figures around...

Quen

Going by label: Brachiosaurus. Going by actual animal depicted: Giraffatitan.

Alexxitator

Top 3:
1-Stegosaurus
2-Tyrannosaurus
3-Triceratops

Though the Ceratopsians as a whole have the largest representation in my collection.
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: