News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Which genus of dinosaur do you own the most?

Started by tyrantqueen, May 18, 2014, 01:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinomike

And here's a pic of my T.rex collecition:
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

suspsy

I may be forgetting one or two, but I believe I currently own 21 Tyrannosaurus rex toys. :D

Great photo, Dinomike!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Halichoeres

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 08, 2015, 01:50:00 PM
I sold off a large percentage of my collection due to space concerns. Most of the species I own now are of a single number. Except for three ammonites. So, ammonites it is.

It was hard to do but I'm much happier now.

How'd you decide which babies to keep? :)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

triceratops83

Not including bits of fossil and teeth, I have about 140 Triceratops.

Coming in second is eight Parasaurolophus.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 08, 2015, 02:08:04 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 08, 2015, 01:50:00 PM
I sold off a large percentage of my collection due to space concerns. Most of the species I own now are of a single number. Except for three ammonites. So, ammonites it is.

It was hard to do but I'm much happier now.

How'd you decide which babies to keep? :)
I kept the ones which took up the least space. So nearly all of the sauropods went :'( I liked to buy kits in 1/20 scale, so you can imagine how much room a sauropod in that scale would take up. It was fun while it lasted, but you have to know when enough is enough, in my opinion. I still collect, but I intend to stick to small scale stuff from now on.

TJ_Terrorsaur

T-Rex. I have 11 of them.
Chaos Effect Omega Bull
Chaos Effect (Omega?) Thrasher
Jurassic Park The Lost World Bull T-Rex
Jurassic Park The Lost World Thrasher
Papo Standing Green Rex
Papo Green Running Rex
Papo Brown Baby Rex
Papo Green Baby Rex
Rebor King T-Rex
Rebor Y-Rex
Schleich Green Rex
Schleich Red Rex.
And I think that's all of them. Phew. LOL

laticauda

Quote from: TJ_Terrorsaur on May 08, 2015, 10:39:48 PM
Chaos Effect Omega Bull
Papo Standing Green Rex
Papo Green Running Rex
Papo Brown Baby Rex
Papo Green Baby Rex
Rebor King T-Rex
Rebor Y-Rex
Schleich Green Rex
Schleich Red Rex.
Out of all those, I have none, unless you count the Brown Papo Standing Rex as the same as the green one.  I might get Rebor Y-Rex, still up in the air about it. 

Dobber

My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

TJ_Terrorsaur

Quote from: laticauda on May 08, 2015, 11:10:20 PM
Quote from: TJ_Terrorsaur on May 08, 2015, 10:39:48 PM
Chaos Effect Omega Bull
Papo Standing Green Rex
Papo Green Running Rex
Papo Brown Baby Rex
Papo Green Baby Rex
Rebor King T-Rex
Rebor Y-Rex
Schleich Green Rex
Schleich Red Rex.
Out of all those, I have none, unless you count the Brown Papo Standing Rex as the same as the green one.  I might get Rebor Y-Rex, still up in the air about it. 

I want the brown one so badly because she looks like Rexy from Jurassic Park. She even has lip scars.
OH- I forgot to mention I have a huge T-Rex Skeleton Model. X-x does that count?

Next in my line for the genus I have the most of would be raptors, which I have 8 of.
Jurassic Park  Raptor
The Lost World Jurassic Park Raptor
Jurassic Park Chaos Effect Alpha Raptor
Rebor Utahraptor
Papo Velociraptor (2nd run)
2 Green Schleich Velociraptors
Brownish Schleich Velociraptor.

Dobber

Quote from: Dinomike on May 08, 2015, 01:57:52 PM
And here's a pic of my T.rex collecition:

Dinomike, what is the one in the foreground that has a display base and is feathered, I believe. That looks really cool!

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Tyto_Theropod

Definitely Parasaurolophus! it was my favourite as a kid, and as a result I've sort of accumulated them. I have twelve, not counting the ones I'm planning on getting rid of:

- Papo
- Schleich World of History with 2012 paint scheme
- Carnegie with original colour scheme
- Two AAAs
- No less than SEVEN various off-brand models, including four different UKRD variations!

I used to have more, but I got rid of some of the uglier off-brand ones. Still, I think I can consider myself a crazy Para hoarder.  :-[  That's probably it, though, unless I start collecting high-end resin and Shapeways stuff, which I probably will some day. ATM my main focus is reasonably accurate Velociraptor models, which is at least a cheaper and less space-eating endeavour!
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

joossa

Interesting responses, guys.

Stegosaurus would be my number one. I have 6 steggos. Runners up would be Carnotaurus, Brachiosaurus, and T-Rex.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Brachiosaurus

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Dyscrasia

T. rex. And three of them are from Sideshow....

Brachiosaurus

Sumo

Without being physically near my collection at present I'm going to assume I have more Allosaurus - at least that's one genus I actively go after. I have the Carnegie and WS versions, Papo, the disappointingly blobby Bullyland, the semi-decent old Schleich (based on a Raul Martin illustration), Collecta Saurophaganax, Dinosaur King mini Allosaurus and Saurophaganax, and both huge and small Kaiyodos.
The last few days' slightly obsessive hunt for the JW one has so far proved fruitless...
"It is only a matter of time before the ents of justice arrive, and demonstrate the true, amphisbaenian origin of Mammalia. Then we will be free!"
- Dr Darren Naish

Tyto_Theropod

I'm that way about (reasonably accurate!!!) Velociraptors ATM, partly because I've got all the decent Paras available right now. Still looking for the old WS and baby - I had them as a kid, and I'd love to own them again if only for the nostalgia value.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Brachiosaurus

Update on mine top genus' in order
1. Brachiosaurus-6
2.Tyranosaurus-use them as other tyrannosaurs but whatever-5
3. Diplodocus/Amargasaurus/saltasaurus-4
4. Stegosaurus-3

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.