News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Transformers 4: Age of Extinction

Started by alexeratops, May 19, 2014, 03:19:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

well if you already put aside any expectation of actually seeing any dinobot screentime, than it might be easier to appreciate it (whereas I was screaming "GIVE ME THE *CUSS* DINOBOTS ALREADY!!" in my head the entire time)
other than the randomness of even bothering to include dinosaurs (which added nothing other than more teasing) it had (IMO) the most interesting plot of any Bayformers movie

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Trisdino on July 18, 2014, 09:21:54 AM
You... do?

IDOIDOIDO IDOOOO!!!

Was sssooo good. Might not watch it again after the next time.

Ultimatedinoking

I know, I know! This post is old, but I thought some on you might find it interesting that in some of the concept art, one of the dinobots was a Parasaurolophus.

And could someone tell hasbro that sludge ("slog") is a brachiosaurus, not an apatosaurus?
I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

Brontozaurus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on July 15, 2014, 07:30:04 PM
I was rewatching some G1 episodes again today and I noticed this in the credits:

I did not know that Donald F. Glut wrote some episodes for the cartoon. The more you know, I guess. I only just noticed this because I usually never pay attention to credit crawls :P

...If you don't know who Donald Glut is, then nevermind.

He wrote every Dinobot-centric episode from the show, in fact!

I didn't get to see Trans4mers, but I was planning to avoid giving Michael Bay my money anyway. Not that my plan worked, as evidenced by the five Dinobot toys sitting on my desk.

The toys are actually fairly well done. If you only want one out of curiosity, though, Slug (the purple Triceratops) and Scorn (the red Spinosaurus) are the best of the lot, with good dinosaur modes and highly poseble (and awesome looking) robot modes.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on August 14, 2014, 04:44:12 PM
I know, I know! This post is old, but I thought some on you might find it interesting that in some of the concept art, one of the dinobots was a Parasaurolophus.

And could someone tell hasbro that sludge ("slog") is a brachiosaurus, not an apatosaurus?

In the original cartoon Sludge is an Apatosaurus..he looked nothing like a Brachiosaur really.  It's only in the new film concepts and toy that he seems to be a Brachiosaurus.

ITdactyl

^This.

Hey, if we go with appearances, then Strafe/Swoop isn't even a pteranodon.  You have the head that's a mix of different pterosaurs, and then that long rhamphorhynchoid tail.

And since we're talking about guilt.... I wanted to hate the film, but I ended up enjoying it more than I should have.  Slug looks so cute while being pulled up by the magnet of doom.  He's like a giant pug.

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 22, 2014, 07:55:19 AM

In the original cartoon Sludge is an Apatosaurus..he looked nothing like a Brachiosaur really.  It's only in the new film concepts and toy that he seems to be a Brachiosaurus.

I know, but even on his new transformer wiki page, he's called an apatosaurus , the new movie one.
I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

leidy

Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on August 22, 2014, 10:46:50 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 22, 2014, 07:55:19 AM

I know, but even on his new transformer wiki page, he's called an apatosaurus , the new movie one.

if it says something wrong on a wiki page, you can usually edit it yourself or contact an editor to fix it.  Hasbro doesn't create that.

Anyway, it seems to me that most of the dinobots are based on fantasy dinosaurs rather than accurate to specific genera.  The 'triceratops' has a stegosaur's thagomizer, and the 'pterosaur' has two heads!  The sauropod looks like it's partially based on the old reconstruction of Augustinia, but with brachiosaur proportions. 

docronnie

Quote from: Brontozaurus on August 22, 2014, 05:21:53 AM

The toys are actually fairly well done. If you only want one out of curiosity, though, Slug (the purple Triceratops) and Scorn (the red Spinosaurus) are the best of the lot, with good dinosaur modes and highly poseble (and awesome looking) robot modes.

Thanks for the tip! 😊
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Arul

Grimlock defeated by optimus with easy way, just one slap. I hope for a huge fight, little dissapointed but thats okay the real enemy is the gun face.