News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Transformers 4: Age of Extinction

Started by alexeratops, May 19, 2014, 03:19:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexeratops

Look at this and just try to say its not cool.
BTW I don't think they were trying to be accurate on this.
This might be the first PG 13 movie I've ever seen. (other than Jurassic Park, of course :D)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKD5SNYUpUk
A little violent but y'know, meh. :)
like a bantha!

Paleogene Pals

Was that Unicron? And, Optimus Prime on a dinosaur...kind of reminds of a T-shirt I saw once.

amargasaurus cazaui

I could be wrong but I do not believe Unicron exists in this transformers universe or continuity.The ultra bad guy in this movie is Galvatron and he was built by humans apparently. Toss in the dinobots..there are more than the original five as well. There is a flying pterosaur with two heads, a spinosaurus, grimlock with horns, a triceratops, an apatosaurus, and  a stegosaurus, as well.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Blade-of-the-Moon

Still not a huge fan of Grimlock's dragon design but at least he made it into a film..hopefully he won't die.

alexeratops

Ooh, guys notice at 2:23 Grimlock flings on of the Bad guys! :)) haha
like a bantha!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: alexeratops on May 19, 2014, 03:03:53 PM

Which is exactly what he should do. Totally rage on the enemy with primal fury..that's Grimlock. ;)

amargasaurus cazaui

Wal mart has begun getting these toys in and there is a figure with Prime riding grimlock like in the movie trailer . There are also constructa bot versions of some of the dinos. The Spinosaurus looks interesting, given his new arrival in the transformers pantheon. I admit to liking the figure of the flying reptile despite having two heads and two tails>? Maybe cause its blue ....
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

alexeratops

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 19, 2014, 04:58:59 PM
Quote from: alexeratops on May 19, 2014, 03:03:53 PM

Which is exactly what he should do. Totally rage on the enemy with primal fury..that's Grimlock. ;)
Hehheh, When I saw this trailer, I had one of my giddy moments, when I just talk and talk and everyone gives me
The look!
and after I realize that what I said made no sense at all.  ;)
like a bantha!

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 19, 2014, 06:02:48 AM
Still not a huge fan of Grimlock's dragon design but at least he made it into a film..hopefully he won't die.

in tfw2005 I started a HUGH morphological/anatomical/paleontological debate on grimlocks horns. I went on for days.
I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

CityRaptor

Really? He is a Robot Dinosaur from Space, so inaccuracies can be be excused.

Any link to your thread?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: CityRaptor on May 21, 2014, 05:31:23 PM
Really? He is a Robot Dinosaur from Space, so inaccuracies can be be excused.

Any link to your thread?

Yes, really.

No, just go to tfw2005 and type in "what exactly is Grimlock?"
I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

Blade-of-the-Moon

Oh you can excuse it..but he was always a dinosaur in the past. Would it have been so hard to make him look a bit more like a T-REX ? Like this even :

CityRaptor

Isn't he basically a Tyrannosaurus with horns? That is what I would still call a Robot Dinosaur, just not an accurate one. That was to be expected, given that in this continuity the panther-based Ravage looks like this:

And Laserbeak, the Condor, like this:
Oh no

Ultimatedinoking

Still, it makes him look like a dragon, and dragons aren't dinosaurs
-UDK

CityRaptor

Well, Dinosaurs don't breath fire either. Ofcourse we don't know if he and his Dinobots aren't some kind of Cybertronian Wildlife, like the Predacons were in Prime.

I alkso think that it is interesting that the Slash actually has feathers. Not the first Robot Dinosaur to have them, but still interesting.
Oh no

brandem

Hmm I thought they were going to be man made transformers, any word on if they actually transform into anything?

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: brandem on May 22, 2014, 12:41:56 AM
Hmm I thought they were going to be man made transformers, any word on if they actually transform into anything?
The decepticon bad guy and his right hand figure are both man made, I know the leader is named Galvatron and he does transform although I forget what mode. I can almost surmise mankind playing the role of unicron here, in finding Megatron hopelessly trashed and restoring him to a new body in return for a few services . The last part is guesswork but it would appear to make sense.

alexeratops

Well in the old animated series they were normal Transformers but they saw dino skeletons and tought that would be good to look like, but thats all I know.
like a bantha!

amargasaurus cazaui

Apparently the movie offers up an origin for the dinobots, because in the trailer for it we see a real dinosaur. I am guessing the ark crashes to earth , or another autobot ship and sends out drones that determine the dinosaurs are the prevalent life forms and so the ship creates a set of autobot warriors in dinosaur images, much like the original cartoon. All of the dinobots transform from robots to dinosaurs....an apatosaurus, a triceratops, a stegosaurus, tyrannosaurus, pterosaur, and spinosaurus. Not sure if there is an alternate mode for them, however the new toys so far do not indicate that.

Blade-of-the-Moon

There were pics from Toyfair showing Grimlock's robot form...not sure about the others.

Maybe they start out more dinosaur-ish and then change to look like " dragons " to blend in...since they are found in an Asian temple.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: