News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

POLL: Best Movie Dragons?

Started by Yutyrannus, June 04, 2014, 01:32:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What are the best movie dragons?

Smaug from The Hobbit trilogy
The dragon from Maleficent
Draco from Dragonheart
Saphira from Eragon
The dragon from Beowulf
The Hungarian Horntail from Harry Potter
The Ukrainian Ironbelly from Harry Potter
Dragons from Reign of Fire
Vermithrax Pejorative from Dragonslayer
Dragons from Game of Thrones
Kilgharrah from Merlin
Taro from Seventh Voyage of Sinbad
The Jabberwocky from Alice in Wonderland
Fell Beasts from The Lord of the Rings Trilogy

Arul

i like fell beast because its hard to kill, fell beast also kill a lot of gondor warrior with easily  :D

stargatedalek

I voted Fell beasts
perhaps because to me they feel the most like a real animal out of all the options

amargasaurus cazaui

I myself refrained from voting...I would like to see a poll that allows a few other options than the ones given here, as I feel some of the best possibilities were ignored.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

CityRaptor

Like Ghidorah!

I mean, come on, do we really need two Harry Potter Dragons who barely did anything anyways?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

DinoLord

Not sure if this counts but I was a big fan of the Cretaceous dragon from the Animal Planet dragon 'documentary' that came out around 10 years ago.

amargasaurus cazaui

Could someone perhaps construct a more ...expansive poll that allows for what other people actually believe were dragons and allow people to choose the possibilites rather than forcing them to choose from a set of alternatives that eliminates so many favorites?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Yutyrannus

Quote from: DinoLord on October 19, 2014, 07:20:29 PM
Not sure if this counts but I was a big fan of the Cretaceous dragon from the Animal Planet dragon 'documentary' that came out around 10 years ago.
Thanks for reminding me! I forgot about Dragon's World. However I think it is a bit too late to reset the poll.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Yutyrannus

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on October 19, 2014, 07:24:03 PM
Could someone perhaps construct a more ...expansive poll that allows for what other people actually believe were dragons and allow people to choose the possibilites rather than forcing them to choose from a set of alternatives that eliminates so many favorites?
Hey, I didn't force anyone to do anything.

If you want you can open a new poll, I don't mind :).

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

amargasaurus cazaui

Being fair and clarifying what I meant..when I first made note of this thread and poll there was a list provided..it was either choose from the givens or do without. I chose not to then vote because I felt and still do some of the best options were not given as potential choices and the choices themselves should have perhaps been up to people to nominate to begin with. If someone does start another poll I believe there are many options that could have been offered here that were not...including as I had suggested the Ikran from Avataar. Even Godzilla is a form of dragon, breathing fire and all......Ghidrah for sure !!! Just alot of choices that were never offered...

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.