News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Greetings from New York City

Started by Ramose, August 03, 2014, 09:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramose

Hello everyone,
Its wonderful to find this great forum.  My name is Patrick, I'm a PhD student in Egyptian Archaeology from New York City.  Besides my passion for ancient Egypt I've always loved Dinosaurs, its one of many childhood fascinations I never grew out of.  When I was a teenager living in Colorado I used to collect Dinosaur toys (almost all from the Carnegie line), but only ones of Dinosaurs that lived in Late Cretaceous Colorado (ok, and a lot from Montana/Alberta I'll admit, plus I didn't know the difference between Campanian and Maastrichtian yet, but still). Since then I've expanded my collection (too much rolling of my wife's eyes).  As a child I was fascinated by the art work of James Gurney and Douglas Henderson and to this day they've really influenced the way I see Dinosaur coloration. 

In any case I'm excited to learn more about these wonderful animals from you all.
All the best,
Patrick

sauroid

hello Ramose. Welcome and enjoy your stay. :)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

DinoToyForum

Alexxitator

To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

Gwangi

Welcome to the site. I'm also a big fan of Doug Henderson, growing up I would stare at his artwork and just get lost in them. Still do actually. Great choice for a signature picture too, love Calvin and Hobbes.

tyrantqueen

Another Patrick. We already have two ;)

Welcome to the forum.

Yutyrannus

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.