News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Tyrannax's Photography

Started by Tyrannax, August 11, 2014, 07:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrannax

Hey guys,

In this thread I'll be displaying some of the photographs I've taken. Photography is my greatest recreational passion, so I'm happy to share a bit of my work with you all.  :)

I stumbled upon this cicada a few weeks back. Thankfully, he was molting and was in no position to fly away.  ;)

Member since 2008

Tyrannax

Shot several years ago during my trip to Hawaii, the opening scene of Isla Nublar. This place is absolutely beautiful in person.

Member since 2008

Tyrannax

I'll be updating this thread on a regular basis throughout my ever-narrowing gaps of free time.  :)

Next! A Ctenosaur and Iguana enjoying each other's company. Captured during a trip to Costa Rica.

Hopefully these are enjoyable to some extent. At the very least, I'm entertaining myself.  ^-^

Member since 2008

Bokisaurus

:D Great photos, you are turning into a great artist! No longer the little kid :)) Cheers.

Tyrannax

Thanks Boki! I appreciate the kind words.  ;) I almost wish I was a "little kid" again. Haha. It was certainly easier.

On to the next photo! A little snail I found along the sidewalk entrance of the Getty Museum in Los Angeles. I took about 30 shots before he had even moved an inch.

Member since 2008

Tyrannax

A shot of the blood moon we had only a few months back.

Member since 2008

Gwangi

Great work, that picture of the moon is breathtaking. It looks like Mars!

Tyrannax

Thanks G, I really appreciate it! For that one I clearly remember sitting outside at 3 in the morning, with nothing but a blanket and chair in 35 degree weather. If devotion backs any of these photos, it's that one. Haha.

Lack of common sense gave rise to this lightning shot. I had to stay on the roof for about 30 minutes during a storm to get it! Fun stuff.

Member since 2008

Tyrannax

Caught these three while on a boat tour in Costa Rica.

Member since 2008

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Tyrannax on August 14, 2014, 07:08:58 AM
Thanks G, I really appreciate it! For that one I clearly remember sitting outside at 3 in the morning, with nothing but a blanket and chair in 35 degree weather. If devotion backs any of these photos, it's that one. Haha.

Lack of common sense gave rise to this lightning shot. I had to stay on the roof for about 30 minutes during a storm to get it! Fun stuff.

Wow! That's really good! I could never hope to get a picture like that :))!

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Tyrannax

Thanks Yuty! It was a fairly difficult shot, and one of only two I could capture. I'll post the other soon!

Member since 2008

Tyrannax

That second shot I mentioned.

Member since 2008

Simon

Son, having lived in Texas (San Antonio) for the best 8 years of my life in the USA, and all my 3 kids being native Texans, I feel the need to tell you, as I am sure your own father would:

Its a tomfool thing to do to go up on your roof during a Texas thunderstorm! Please be careful out there.  More than the lightning even I would be wary of a burst of wind strong enough to send you flying off that roof.

You might be 20, but you ain't bullet-proof.  Trust me on that one.

Tyrannax

Quote from: Simon on August 15, 2014, 07:38:35 AM
Son, having lived in Texas (San Antonio) for the best 8 years of my life in the USA, and all my 3 kids being native Texans, I feel the need to tell you, as I am sure your own father would:

Its a tomfool thing to do to go up on your roof during a Texas thunderstorm! Please be careful out there.  More than the lightning even I would be wary of a burst of wind strong enough to send you flying off that roof.

You might be 20, but you ain't bullet-proof.  Trust me on that one.

I appreciate that Simon, and hadn't even considered the prospect of falling due to wind. I think photography has a way of dulling your perception of what is going on around you. At least, this is true in the case of myself. Haha. It's my "rush." Of course I don't always have to be in harms way to enjoy the hobby and will certainly keep that warning in mind!

Member since 2008

Tyrannax

A serene shot of Los Angeles.

Member since 2008

Tyrannax

An older photo, but recently processed. Taken during my first trip to Costa Rica.

Member since 2008

Tyrannax

This photo was taken during my trip to Yellowstone National Park. We were hiking alongside the river, so beautiful shots were around every turn.

Member since 2008

Battatitan

Absolutely magnificent photos, Tyrannax, truly breathtaking  :)

Tyrannax

Thank you, Battatitan.  :) I really appreciate that.

Member since 2008

Libraraptor

I´m fond of your pictures in which you precisely capture the special atmospheres. More, please!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: