News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Battat, Terra series - New for 2014

Started by Takama, August 11, 2014, 10:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loru1588

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on August 19, 2014, 01:29:38 AM
MY Wishlist:

Brachiosaurus
Iguanodon
Deinonychus
Baryonyx
Centrosaurus
Saichania

A marine reptile
A pterosaur

All done in that style and all to scale.

I would die happy.

Deinonychus would be awfully small at just over 3" and more then 1/2 of that tail! The others look like good ideas. I do agree on Brachiosaurus being done by too many already.

Takama

Quote from: loru1588 on August 19, 2014, 02:15:46 AM
MY Wishlist:

Brachiosaurus
Iguanodon
Deinonychus
Baryonyx
Centrosaurus
Saichania

A marine reptile
A pterosaur

I would die happy.

Deinonychus would be awfully small at just over 3" and more then 1/2 of that tail! The others look like good ideas. I do agree on Brachiosaurus being done by too many already.

Could you consider Giraffatitan for the line, if Battat gives you the freedom to do models that size?  I really would like one that's not labeled Brachiosaurus

EmperorDinobot

Put the Deinonychus with...say...Tenontosaurus, which I've never seen in plastic, except for the Planeta DeAgostini one.

Simon

Quote from: loru1588 on August 19, 2014, 02:15:46 AM
MY Wishlist:

Brachiosaurus
Iguanodon
Deinonychus
Baryonyx
Centrosaurus
Saichania

A marine reptile
A pterosaur

I would die happy.

Just substitute "Alamosaurus" for the Brachiosaurus.  ;>)

DinoLord

I also vote for Giraffatitan. It's my favorite dinosaur along with Apatosaurus louisae (which is similar enough to Diplodocus) and is severely misrepresented in the toy market. Almost every 'Brachiosaurus' is a Giraffatitan but few people have ever heard of the latter.

I also agree with EmperorDinobot in that a pterosaur would be great for the line. An azdarchid like Quetzalcoatlus would be great to see. Azdarchids have had a recent popularity surge but are still pretty underrepresented in toy form.

Quen

I would personally like to see someone make a 1/40 Sauroposeidon or Argentinosaurus. Even though that would be a lot of plastic!  :))  ...Just putting that out there.

Isisaurus or another unusual sauropod would be interesting, too.  And a correctly labeled Giraffatitan would also be cool, as others have suggested.

Yutyrannus

You realize that would probably be like 50 inches long, right?

Those would be good, but I'd prefer a more obscure sauropod than Giraffatitan, Alamosaurus would be good but that's too big for 1/40 scale. Maybe Saltasaurus?

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Quen

Quote from: Yutyrannus on August 19, 2014, 04:29:57 AM

Those would be good, but I'd prefer a more obscure sauropod than Giraffatitan, Alamosaurus would be good but that's too big for 1/40 scale. Maybe Saltasaurus?

Math has never been my best subject. :P  I just want a very large and very accurate sauropod figure that doesn't cost a limb. But that's not on topic. How about Paralititan? Or is it still too big?

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Quendrega on August 19, 2014, 06:04:23 AM

Math has never been my best subject. :P  I just want a very large and very accurate sauropod figure that doesn't cost a limb. But that's not on topic. How about Paralititan? Or is it still too big?
Something that size would probably be like $70.

Way to big ;D! Dan said 5m to 7m long.

Takama

Quote from: Yutyrannus on August 19, 2014, 06:10:16 AM
Quote from: Quendrega on August 19, 2014, 06:04:23 AM

Something that size would probably be like $70.

Way to big ;D! Dan said 5m to 7m long.

That's for now. If Battat Decides to Let him Expand the Collection that the Rereleases will be a part of, then he would have no size limitation

If that were to ever happen, I would like a Giraffatitan and a Shantungasaurus

amanda

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on August 19, 2014, 02:35:16 AM
Put the Deinonychus with...say...Tenontosaurus, which I've never seen in plastic, except for the Planeta DeAgostini one.

Doesn't CollectA have one?

darth daniel

Not exactly... When using 35m as length, a 1/40 scale model would be 875mm long or 34,4 inches (measured along the spine). That´s still huge but a decent 1/40 Titanosaur soooo needs to be done. :)

jhudstone

I got three of them today at our Target!

Concavenator

Oh,my,that Cryolophosaurus is fantastic!It's turning out as one of my favorites of this year! :D
The Gastonia is awesome too.
I think Utahraptor would be a great suggestion,it'd pair nicely with the Gastonia.
Curious thing we got two Gastonias this year!

alexeratops

No way! This is amazing! Battat is back AND they've made a therizinosaurus! Heaven
like a bantha!

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Concavenator on August 20, 2014, 12:09:47 AM
I think Utahraptor would be a great suggestion,it'd pair nicely with the Gastonia.
Curious thing we got two Gastonias this year!
Battat already made a Utahraptor and they're re-releasing it later this year.

Yes, but Battat's is way better than Collecta's.

Quote from: alexeratops on August 20, 2014, 12:16:30 AM
No way! This is amazing! Battat is back AND they've made a therizinosaurus! Heaven
Technically a Nanshiungosaurus (although I really think that they're the same animal) and a bald one :-\.

loru1588

The Mongolian and Chinese Therizinosaurids span a time period of over 24 million years and several different layers/eras in the stratigraphy. The variance in size as well as the other osteological differences shows they are not the same animal. On top of that Northronychus was also a North American Therizinosaur.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: loru1588 on August 20, 2014, 02:31:53 AM
The Mongolian and Chinese Therazinosaurids span a time period of over 24 million years and several different layers/eras in the stratigraphy. The variance in size as well as the other osteological differences shows they are not the same animal. On top of that Northronychus was also a North American Therazinosaur.
What does Nothronychus have to do with Therizinosaurus and Nanshiungosaurus being the same animal?

loru1588

If you look at the latest Therizinosaurid cladogram, Nanshiungosaurus is more basal form from an earlier time frame than Therizinosaurus and their remains were found over 1700 miles from each other. As for Northronychus, I initially misread your post as all Therizinosaurs were Therizinosaurus. My bad!

EmperorDinobot

2 more Targets. Oregon, why you not get BATTATS?!  >:(

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: