News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Battat, Terra series - New for 2014

Started by Takama, August 11, 2014, 10:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primeval12

stargatedalek

Tyrannax

I just picked up the Crylophosaurus. Went to grab the Pachyrhinosaurus, but I couldn't resist getting my hands on the Hydra.

Member since 2008

Yutyrannus

Quote from: loru1588 on August 20, 2014, 04:54:31 AM
If you look at the latest Therizinosaurid cladogram, Nanshiungosaurus is more basal form from an earlier time frame than Therizinosaurus and their remains were found over 1700 miles from each other. As for Northronychus, I initially misread your post as all Therizinosaurs were Therizinosaurus. My bad!
Okay.

Oh, that's fine.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Megalosaurus

Hello.

I'm excited by the fact Dan is commisioned to do another 6 Terra dinosaurs. I still don't have any battats in my collection.
May someone in USA lend me a hand to grab the first set of 4 at your local Target? Please send me a PM.

Quote from: primeval12 on August 20, 2014, 04:18:54 PM
What do they cost?

Rounding: $8 in Target Stores,  $15 in DansDinosaurs, and auction starting at $8 on ebay.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

amanda

amanda

Wouldn't that be the best way to go then? Beats driving around the city looking for them...

Hynerpeton

$15 instead of $8? Hmmmm

I will look for em first. Then if i need to, go online.
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

amanda

Yes, almost double. But with the price of gas what it is, driving around looking for them will turn out just as expensive for some of us. Plus, the guarantee of actually finding them as opposed to, you know, not. 15 is about what I figured they would have cost anyway. And for Non-US folks this may be a viable alternative. Certainly Dan has a sterling rep here as opposed to any random e-bay person.....

loru1588

Quote from: amanda on August 21, 2014, 08:22:20 AM
Yes, almost double. But with the price of gas what it is, driving around looking for them will turn out just as expensive for some of us. Plus, the guarantee of actually finding them as opposed to, you know, not. 15 is about what I figured they would have cost anyway. And for Non-US folks this may be a viable alternative. Certainly Dan has a sterling rep here as opposed to any random e-bay person.....

Dan's thought is to make them available to collectors outside the US & Canada. Do what I did and call the Target stores within driving distance 1st. Target MAY eventually have them on line.

alexeratops

Where a clearance rack in the toy section should be, a found all 4, and plenty of them! :D My birthday is soon, so I can only hope... :P
like a bantha!

Concavenator

Well,I'll actually TRY getting that wonderful Cryolophosaurus...(Fingers crossed)I hope I could get my hands on it... ::)

tyrantqueen

Something tells me it will be relatively easy to get a hold of the new Battats in Europe given enough time. Even if they don't get distributed by another company over here, there are plenty of members who would be happy to help out those in need. I remember that Libraraptor helped a lot of people get the Bullyland Protochirotherium.

So, don't fret :)

alexeratops

Quote from: Concavenator on August 21, 2014, 08:24:12 PM
Well,I'll actually TRY getting that wonderful Cryolophosaurus...(Fingers crossed)I hope I could get my hands on it... ::)

Well from what ive seen, they are pretty common.
like a bantha!

amargasaurus cazaui

Dan are you in the know anything about the tubes of dinosaur figures offered on the same shelves with the terra collection?There appear to be tubes of farm animals, dinosaurs and sea animals.....
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Takama

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on August 22, 2014, 03:49:33 AM
Dan are you in the know anything about the tubes of dinosaur figures offered on the same shelves with the terra collection?There appear to be tubes of farm animals, dinosaurs and sea animals.....

There common little Chinasaurs. Nothing special.    I looked,

amanda

Quote from: loru1588 on August 21, 2014, 02:19:52 PM
Quote from: amanda on August 21, 2014, 08:22:20 AM

Dan's thought is to make them available to collectors outside the US & Canada. Do what I did and call the Target stores within driving distance 1st. Target MAY eventually have them on line.

Done that. I have yet to get hold of anyone who'd have any clue what I am even asking for. My nearest target is 10 miles away and as of yesterday they still had nothing, not even the end cap display up. I have been to 4 Targets in the city, none have this, so it is looking like not everyone will have a shot at getting them. I cannot keep driving 20 miles round trip every couple days, and like I said phoning is a no go so as nice as they are I will have to give up on them.

docronnie

Last time I checked, they are not yet available online at Target. What I usually do, when I buy items in the US, is to send them to my aunt from online stores. Then I wait for a relative to come home here in my country.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Primeval12

I WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY BIRTHDAY IS MONDAY SO, MAYBE I CAN BUY MYSELF SOME! ;D

ltokuda

Congratulations Dan!  I'm so happy for you.  I really hope this product line takes off.  I'd love to be collecting new, high quality battat dinos for years to come.

I found all 4 dinos at my local Target.  I have to concur that these figures look even better in person.  I bought the Nanshiungosaurs and Cryolophosaurus for my son.  He's going to love it!  I've been waiting to buy him a 1/40th scale cryolophosaurus for years now and now my prayers have been answered.  His birthday already passed so I'll have to think of some excuse to give it to him.

Unfortunately, I already bought him the Collecta Dacentrurus and Papo Pachyrhinosaurus so I'm having a hard time justifying getting the Battat versions.  Who knows, I may just break down and get them anyway.  But when the Gigantoraptor and Gastonia come out, I'm definitely getting those.

One other cool thing about these toys is the box itself.  On the back, Dan gives information they give about each figure and why certain choices were made in creating them.  I think that's awesome.  My son loves dinosaurs so any time I can integrate learning with dinosaurs is a big plus.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: