You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Re-issue of Battat former Museum of Science Boston Series

Started by loru1588, August 21, 2014, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrorchicken

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on January 08, 2016, 05:35:28 PM
I went into my local Target yesterday to find the whole Terra section gone. I should get to a bigger one soon but I'm hoping that the vanishing of Terra endcaps doesn't become a trend. Really cool diorama, by the way, ItsTwentyBelow. I can't wait to see the euoplocephalus on local shelves.  ^-^

dont worry, they removed the Terra section at one of my local Targets right before Christmas. I just went to that Target again today and was happy to see the Terra section back, along with one each of certosaurus, carnotaurus, and amargasaurus, a Trex and about 6 pachyrhinos. First time Ive seen the first 3 in the store. I picked up ceratosaurus. So hopefully they are just rearranging shelf space for new year stock and the Terra endcap will be back in your store.

Shuvuuia

I've been making a once weekly loop of the targets near Boston. Nothing yet. Hopefully they turn up soon!

Sim

Quote from: terrorchicken on January 09, 2016, 10:04:19 PM
dont worry, they removed the Terra section at one of my local Targets right before Christmas. I just went to that Target again today and was happy to see the Terra section back, along with one each of certosaurus, carnotaurus, and amargasaurus, a Trex and about 6 pachyrhinos. First time Ive seen the first 3 in the store. I picked up ceratosaurus. So hopefully they are just rearranging shelf space for new year stock and the Terra endcap will be back in your store.

That's good news!  Did you not get the Carnotaurus because the one they had was a substandard copy?

joossa

My Target has the newest bunch in. Didn't pick up any of them since I'm still not liking the paint apps.

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

terrorchicken

Quote from: Sim on January 10, 2016, 04:29:02 PM
Quote from: terrorchicken on January 09, 2016, 10:04:19 PM

That's good news!  Did you not get the Carnotaurus because the one they had was a substandard copy?
didnt have enough money. Im not planning on getting all the repaints since I already have the originals but ceratosaurus was a must b/c my original green one has horrible paintwork.

empire3569

I am just waiting for that Diplodocus.... have always envied that figure, hopefully it's in next batch of releases!

Dilopho

Grrr! I live in the Uk, So no battat for me! They don't sell them ANYWHERE here! And everywhere I find them on the internet, it's dollars!

Minmiminime

Quote from: Dilopho on January 12, 2016, 08:03:37 PM
Grrr! I live in the Uk, So no battat for me! They don't sell them ANYWHERE here! And everywhere I find them on the internet, it's dollars!

Me too, really looking forwards to the Diplodocus and the hadrosaurs, also, the ceratopsians. I had a fair few of the originals years ago before I gave them all away, hoping that another would find joy and inspiration in them as I had, but would have more success with their dreams. I now only have the T. rex remaining, one of the last editions, I suspect. It's in good condition, albeit very faded, and the paint job never was up to much  ;)

If only I'd known how precious they were. I only hope they found good homes. But, I have a suspicion that the Battat series will find a UK supplier this year, and if I was a gambler, I'd put money on that supplier being Everything Dinosaur!
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Sim

Quote from: Minmiminime on January 15, 2016, 09:40:32 PM
But, I have a suspicion that the Battat series will find a UK supplier this year, and if I was a gambler, I'd put money on that supplier being Everything Dinosaur!

It would be really great if Battat dinosaurs were sold in the UK again.  The Battat MOS dinosaur line was sold over here in London when I was a kid.  I had half of the species from the Battat MOS dinosaur line and most of my favourite dinosaur toys as a kid were my Battat MOS dinosaurs.  Now, most of my favourite dinosaur toys are my Battat Terra dinosaurs.  The Battat dinosaurs by Dan LoRusso and Greg Wenzel have always been great.

I think kids and adults all over the world should be able to find and enjoy the Battat dinosaurs which are really great prehistoric animal toys.  I find that now the prehistoric animal toys sold over here in London tend to not have much care put into making them representations of real animals that once lived, e.g.: Schleich, Papo, Mojo, Toyway.  I find this very sad and disappointing for a number of reasons.  One reason is because I believe toys that represent these amazing animals as the animals they were should be available in brick-and-mortar stores, especially in a huge city like London which is also the UK's capital city!  Another reason is that when I was a kid, the prehistoric animal toys sold over here tended to clearly try to represent the animals as real animals that once lived, e.g.: Battat, Safari, The Carnegie Collection, Invicta.  I haven't seen any of these lines sold over here since I was a kid, they've all been replaced by lines I never saw as a kid: Schleich, Papo, Mojo and Toyway.  Interestingly, when I was a kid, no prehistoric animal toy line dominated shops over here.  Now, Schleich dominates shops over here.

While I would be so happy if the Battat dinosaur line was sold in the UK again, I wonder how possible it is with their exclusivity contract with Target.  At this point though, even the Battat dinosaur line available from the UK only online would be great!

In case anyone's interested, amargasaurus cazaui has been getting Battat Terra dinosaurs for forum members who can't get them themselves, for fair prices.  I think he still has some of most of them available.  Here's the relevant thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3862.0

suspsy

Given how weak the Canadian dollar is, I'm not even sure I can afford to drive across the border to look for the new Battats. :(
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Simon

The third wave (Steg., Euplo., Para.) just showed up in NorCal.  I chanced going to a very out of the way Target this morning, in the rain, because I was in the area.  FINALLY!!

They had lots of TRexes, Acros, a few others - and ONE EACH of the third wave.  Now they have NONE.

The paint jobs are so much better than on the originals - they look fantastic, including the Steg.!

Now let us hope they will continue to release the rest old series, as well as the unreleased new ones ...

Minmiminime

Quote from: Sim on January 16, 2016, 12:05:31 AM

While I would be so happy if the Battat dinosaur line was sold in the UK again, I wonder how possible it is with their exclusivity contract with Target.  At this point though, even the Battat dinosaur line available from the UK only online would be great!

Ah, I wondered if there must be a contract involved. That is most unfortunate  :( Here's hoping it isn't on a long-term basis, or at least, that there may be a loophole for overseas suppliers..!
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

tyrantqueen

Battats being sold in the UK isn't such a far off thing.

Can't say any more :X I promised to keep it secret, but I do have an official source.

Sim

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 17, 2016, 12:28:05 AM

Can't say any more :X I promised to keep it secret, but I do have an official source.

I hadn't heard of any plans for Battat dinosaurs to be sold in the UK again.  If it does happen, that would be really great!  I am of course eager to know more about this!  I understand if it's best not to say any more for now though.

Minmiminime

BEST NEWS OF THE DAY!!!  :)) :)) :))

ceratopsian

Quote from: Minmiminime on January 17, 2016, 01:21:09 PM

BEST NEWS OF THE DAY!!!  :)) :)) :))

Indeed.  It would be wonderful and would save me a packet in postage and import fees!  I'm crossing my fingers.

PaleoMatt

alexeratops

I- I know too much!! LOCK ME UP
like a bantha!

ItsTwentyBelow

Happy to hear others are starting to find wave 3 popping up in new locations.

Wonderful that our friends across the pond might soon see these awesome dinosaurs on store shelves as well. It looks like the Terra dinosaur series is not winding down since Dan's passing, but is in fact spreading to new markets! This could mean we'll see all the currently unreleased figures and more in the future.

Halichoeres

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on January 17, 2016, 05:42:17 PM
Happy to hear others are starting to find wave 3 popping up in new locations.

Wonderful that our friends across the pond might soon see these awesome dinosaurs on store shelves as well. It looks like the Terra dinosaur series is not winding down since Dan's passing, but is in fact spreading to new markets! This could mean we'll see all the currently unreleased figures and more in the future.

I hope you're right!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: