News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Battat Terra Line, Repaints and new sculpts

Started by amargasaurus cazaui, September 20, 2015, 02:49:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amargasaurus cazaui

Had some people asking if I could locate and get them various Battat figures, and I needed the Amargasaurus myself so....
  After work today off in the car...turned out to be a four hour, four store, hundred mile Shelf clearing adventure. I brought back enough for anyone that wanted them and isnt finding them in their own location. I saw exactly none of the Nashung figures left. I did not see any Cryos availible today at all. Pachys were plentiful and so were Danctru.From the repaints the Rex is hardest to find, followed by the Amargasaurus.
  Since I drove a hundred miles and spent four hours finding them, I am asking a dollar per dinosaur above cost to cover my expenses. The idea here is to help those who wanted them and cannot get them in there country or location.

So this is what I have or brought home.
There are 7 Acros, and two T rexes. Cost for these was 9.99 per so I am asking 11.00
Two amargasaurus, One carno, and five Ceratosaurus. All of these were 5.99 so I am asking     7.00 apiece .
In addition not pictured I have (7) pachys at 8.00 each
                                             (2) Cryos  6.00 each
                                             (1) Dacentru 6.00

You will have to pay what it costs to ship them to your location , I am in the central US.
I likely wont be getting more, but since I was going and others wanted them I just got all of them I saw. I will either sell them to people that need them or trade them down the line for ones I might not get later in the Series should it continue.

Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

tyrantqueen

Do you think you could save one of the Acros for me? I've already sent you the money for the Tyrannosaurus but I don't have the cash for the Acro yet. My payday is Wednesday 23rd September. Would it be okay to ask you to reserve one for me until then?

By the way, did you get any funny looks when you were loading up your shopping trolley with so many dinosaur toys? :))

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 20, 2015, 04:56:25 AM
Do you think you could save one of the Acros for me? I've already sent you the money for the Tyrannosaurus but I don't have the cash for the Acro yet. My payday is Wednesday 23rd September. Would it be okay to ask you to reserve one for me until then?

By the way, did you get any funny looks when you were loading up your shopping trolley with so many dinosaur toys? :))
I would be glad to save one for you , of all people. As much as you have sold me and helped me, I would be a poor friend if i wouldnt. Your acro will be on the shelf here when you are ready for it...no hurry and no worry.Did you want your rex, sent now or held until you are ready to take on the acro as well?
   I did have a few of the young women today look at me ...like arent you a bit old to be playing with dinosaurs? I also heard a young child whisper to his mom...look that old man is taking all the dinosaurs! Old? yikes....
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

postsaurischian

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 20, 2015, 05:05:08 AM
....... I also heard a young child whisper to his mom...look that old man is taking all the dinosaurs! Old? yikes....

;D ;D

Thanks so much for doing this, Michael!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 20, 2015, 04:56:25 AM

I would be glad to save one for you , of all people. As much as you have sold me and helped me, I would be a poor friend if i wouldnt. Your acro will be on the shelf here when you are ready for it...no hurry and no worry.Did you want your rex, sent now or held until you are ready to take on the acro as well?
   I did have a few of the young women today look at me ...like arent you a bit old to be playing with dinosaurs? I also heard a young child whisper to his mom...look that old man is taking all the dinosaurs! Old? yikes....
Thank you :) Could you add it to the same package as the Tyrannosaurus? If it cuts down on postage costs, feel free to remove them from the boxes. I usually throw the box out anyway.

amargasaurus cazaui

I have the instinctive feeling that removing the boxes would allow a much smaller package, that would require less...artistic packing and enshrouding, which would lower the weight and in my own thought reduce the cost.While it is a guess, I think it a highly likely one that removing the boxes would be far more cost effective. Would you like to have the data cards removed from the back of each to keep? That or perhaps the terrain looking box bottoms ?

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 20, 2015, 05:11:03 AM
....... I also heard a young child whisper to his mom...look that old man is taking all the dinosaurs! Old? yikes....

;D ;D

Thanks so much for doing this, Michael!
Us comic book guys have to stick together Helge, pleasure knowing I could add to the incredible museum you call a dinosaur collection.

Dinomike

Thank you Amargasaurus cazaui! You are are the best!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Jetoar

How much would the shipping to Spain? depend on I will be intersting
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Jetoar on September 20, 2015, 12:00:19 PM
Well Jet, did you mean for all of them or just a set or ..what ones?

Jetoar

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 20, 2015, 12:01:30 PM
Quote from: Jetoar on September 20, 2015, 12:00:19 PM
Well Jet, did you mean for all of them or just a set or ..what ones?

I am interested in all but now I could only buy on of the Acrocanthosaurus or T-rex and depends on the shipping cost.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

amargasaurus cazaui

Due to the overwhelming demand for them, I am going out to visit two more stores in the other direction from where I went yesterday, unless I run out of cash at the first one. My mother is at a car show, with my step dad today. He enters a 51 Oldsmobile and she enters a 1950 that are both quite similar...I have her promise to check the Target close to the show on her way home. At this point we are just scouring for repaints, as I have quite a few of the original sculpts except the theri.
    So I will hit two more stores today and she will hit one close to their show and another in their home town of Topeaka, so another  four stores today if we do it right.
Hopefully then the people in the forum that wanted these can get them . Stay tuned.

Tyrannosauron

What you're doing is incredibly generous, Amargasaurus. It's inspired me to help, too: my closest Targets seem to be clogged with Cryolophosaurus and Dacentrurus figures, with the odd Acrocanthosaurus hanging out depending on the location, so if anyone is interested in those figures please message me and I'll see what we can work out.

(Please note that I might be a little slow to respond. I have a lot of responsibilities this semester and scheduling is kind of tight.)

amargasaurus cazaui

Yay !!! So there you go, more of them being offered for those who need them. Anyone else that wants to help feel free....perhaps if we get enough of these into their new homes Battat will be sure to complete the series for us.....

amargasaurus cazaui

Since we do not have production statistics for the first four models, we cannot assume they were made in equal amounts although it would seem rational they might have. Making note of what I saw in the four stores I put foot in yesterday, they had many Pachy figures left, less of the Dacentru, and I saw no Cryos and not one Nashung. I found it odd, as people had complained a bit or felt the Nashung was least accurate, and yet it seems to be vanishing. I am guessing it is cause of the awesomebro style claws, and appeal to kids. As far as the repaints, they seem rather randomly distributed and it is hit and miss what you find..with the Rex apparently being the toughest to find  , most likely as it is also probably a draw for kids as well.

Jetoar

You are great patron for us  ^-^. If I decide to buy T-Rex or Acrocanthosaurus, How much would the shipping ?

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Jetoar on September 20, 2015, 07:07:33 PM
You are great patron for us  ^-^. If I decide to buy T-Rex or Acrocanthosaurus, How much would the shipping ?
I would need to pack one in a box and take it to the post office and ask them Jet, I will try to do that Monday

amargasaurus cazaui

My raid today was not sucha  great use of time..75 miles to find an acro and a T rex, but I was able to have them access the inventory for the next store, which was a further sixty miles out to find they had one large, likely an Acro, and a small, which could be anything from Cryo to one of the other repaints . I let them go, rather than drive a solid hour each way for two pieces.Mom checked in with her first store and found another Acro, a ceratosaur, and a carnotaur.

Where I went there were pachys, dacentrus and even a few cryos but again no Nashungosaurus to be had. My mother also looked and found no Nashungosaurus at her store. I am seeing a pattern....

dutchdinolover

Wow! What an energy you put in for us! Thank you so much in advance! Unbelievable!

Jetoar

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 20, 2015, 09:17:57 PM
Quote from: Jetoar on September 20, 2015, 07:07:33 PM
I would need to pack one in a box and take it to the post office and ask them Jet, I will try to do that Monday

Perfect, Thanks partner  ^-^.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: