You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Re-issue of Battat former Museum of Science Boston Series

Started by loru1588, August 21, 2014, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brocc21

Well I guess I'll have to buy the remaining Terra figures I don't have quick. It's a shame to see this happen, to have Dans grave defiled like this. But Maybe they'll learn something from this (cough and maybe hire Kayakasaurus cough). But I don't see it happening. R.I.P Dan LoRusso.
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Daspletotyrannus

This what they said to me yesterday in an email. 

QuoteThank you for your email.  We always appreciate when our customers take the time to write us and give us their feedback and use this information to help us improve our products and service.

The Terra line is an ongoing brand that we do not unfortunately have any updates on for the moment. The passing of Dan LoRusso was sad news to us all, and we hope to be able to bring his final molds to the line in the future.

Thank you again for your comments.

Terrauniverse.com

I've never seen them say they want to release his other molds in the future.  So there a glimmer of hope I guess. So I guess we keep on bugging them for the other molds then.

Takama

Quote from: Daspletotyrannus on October 08, 2019, 11:15:08 PM

QuoteThank you for your email.  We always appreciate when our customers take the time to write us and give us their feedback and use this information to help us improve our products and service.

The Terra line is an ongoing brand that we do not unfortunately have any updates on for the moment. The passing of Dan LoRusso was sad news to us all, and we hope to be able to bring his final molds to the line in the future.

Terrauniverse.com

I've never seen them say they want to release his other molds in the future.  So there a glimmer of hope I guess. So I guess we keep on bugging them for the other molds then.

Thats the exact same COPY AND PASTE post we been reciveing since 2016 or so.   

FlawedCoil82

In hindsight I wish I would have thought to take a picture of the shopping cart she was stacking the remaining unsold dinosaur/wildlife figures in and the green & yellow "Terra" sign that formerly hung over the figures being folded and stuffed carelessly down the side of the cart (likely destined for the dumpster) as proof. But I promise that is what she told me. I explained the tragic situation with Dan and told her that all attempts to find out any new information from Battat has been futile.

Pachyrhinosaurus

This is very disappointing and yet predictable. Battat never put much effort towards their dinosaur line even though most of the sculpts are the best toy representations of their species. I'm going to my local Targets tomorrow. It's a shame that such good sculpts haven't been released and are going to waste.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Flaffy

Disappointing but not surprised.
I've given up hope quite a few years back. Guess now there's a reason to purchase the remaining Battat Terra dinosaurs I don't have in my collection, before they all go extinct (again) for good.

suspsy

Quote from: Takama on October 09, 2019, 12:10:23 AM

Terrauniverse.com

Translation: we don't care.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Brocc21

Who knows maybe a new company will take there place. Maybe Safari could start selling at Target (a guy can dream).
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Daspletotyrannus

Quote from: Takama on October 09, 2019, 12:10:23 AM

Terrauniverse.com

I'm sure they changed it up a little.  Lol

Gwangi

I don't remember them ever saying "we hope to be able to bring his final molds to the line in the future" but I could be wrong. Well, you never know, Battat came back from the dead once so it could happen again.

tanystropheus

Has anyone tried initiating a campaign to get all future Battat molds on Kickstarter?...just a thought  ;)

Faelrin

Well that's unfortunate, but I'm glad I was able to get around to getting the Parasaurolophus and Tyrannosaurus when I did. These are and were beautiful figures, and it is sad to see them go, but I guess good things don't last forever either. At least they will still be available on Dejankins, and maybe Everything Dinosaur for a little longer (probably until they sell out).

Edit: Really is a shame those new sculpts will likely never see the day of light either.

Edit 2: Shame I never did get a chance to get my hands on that Cryolophosaurus. It's still one of the better representations of this species out there.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

I'm glad I bought all old and recent Battat figures (all discontinued) except for the mini tyrannosaurus rex (which I wish I had at a reasonable price). Above all I have been lucky to buy the Nanshiungosaurus and the crytatophosaurus of Battat at everythingdinosaur at bargain prices compared to those that are going to be paid now with the overvaluation of these figures and most of the second-hand figures.

Takama

not sure if it matters. but I found  The Terra Branded Buckets of Chinasaurs at Sams Club Today.    I wanted to buy it, Review it,  and show how far the company has fallen with there Dinosaur toys. But alas i did not have the mony to obtain it

ZoPteryx

Sad to see how far Battat has fallen. The Terra display has completely disappeared from my local Target.

Does anyone know where the new molds Dan was working on ended up?  Does Battat have them or did they never get them before his passing?

Digibasherx

I've just seen some Terra figures on shelves still.  At the Hudson Bay company, however, these are the ones that were sold a while back and are old stock.  Nothing new except for the electronic ones.

Vidusaurus

Quote from: Faelrin on October 10, 2019, 01:48:44 AM
Well that's unfortunate, but I'm glad I was able to get around to getting the Parasaurolophus and Tyrannosaurus when I did. These are and were beautiful figures, and it is sad to see them go, but I guess good things don't last forever either. At least they will still be available on Dejankins, and maybe Everything Dinosaur for a little longer (probably until they sell out).

Edit: Really is a shame those new sculpts will likely never see the day of light either.

Edit 2: Shame I never did get a chance to get my hands on that Cryolophosaurus. It's still one of the better representations of this species out there.

I recently bought the Cryolophosaurus at my local Toyworld, I could go back at some point and see if they had any more if you wanted?

Faelrin

Vidusaurus

Quote from: Faelrin on November 15, 2019, 05:08:25 PM
V @Vidusaurus Yeah I would appreciate that if you could.

I'll go back in the next week or so and PM you if they have it then.

Faelrin

V @Vidusaurus Hopefully you do. Thanks though for wanting to help me out with this.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: